Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Displaying bengals games on projector outdoor
(07-10-2022, 02:31 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: To each their own.

Right, it's subjective. I do dig Dave and the Foo Fighters somewhat. As in, I wouldn't buy their music, but I'm not revolted is someone plays it. I'd also go to a show with someone that's a big fan. I went to the KISS reunion tour in 1996 because a friend was a big fan. Glad I did. Their stage show was phenomenal. The best part was....Alice in Chains opened in what was one of Layne Staley's last shows in Louisville. Man.....AiC was friggin absolutely all that.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Finishing up the derail, I saw 311 with Heavy Weather and NoFX at Bogart's back in about 95.....what a shit hole venue, and what a loud ass show!

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2022, 02:50 AM)Wyche Wrote: Right, it's subjective. I do dig Dave and the Foo Fighters somewhat. As in, I wouldn't buy their music, but I'm not revolted is someone plays it. I'd also go to a show with someone that's a big fan. I went to the KISS reunion tour in 1996 because a friend was a big fan. Glad I did. Their stage show was phenomenal. The best part was....Alice in Chains opened in what was one of Layne Staley's last shows in Louisville. Man.....AiC was friggin absolutely all that.

Lucky you. When they came to Cincy i was there and i had no remembrance of who opened. I just looked it up and it was a band called D Generation. 

Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2022, 01:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I hear what you're saying. It's always about personal taste. To clarify a bit...i don't necessarily dislike Jennings or any/all specific musician(s). I just dislike a particular sound, that comes primarily from "country" artists. There are certainly songs from some that i've liked over the years but as a whole, i don't like the way it hits my ears, the same way you don't like most heavy metal.

That just happens to be my favorite type of music, but even then, i don't like all of it. You'd probably run for the hills if you had to listen to what i'm currently listening to/playing. Big Grin

Hey faulk....eat yo heart out!

https://youtu.be/Bzey-oLVhpI

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2022, 02:50 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Right, it's subjective. I do dig Dave and the Foo Fighters somewhat. As in, I wouldn't buy their music, but I'm not revolted is someone plays it. I'd also go to a show with someone that's a big fan. I went to the KISS reunion tour in 1996 because a friend was a big fan. Glad I did. Their stage show was phenomenal. The best part was....Alice in Chains opened in what was one of Layne Staley's last shows in Louisville. Man.....AiC was friggin absolutely all that.

I’ve always regretted not getting to see them before he died. He had the best voice of anyone from that scene, imo.

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2022, 02:53 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Finishing up the derail, I saw 311 with Heavy Weather and NoFX at Bogart's back in about 95.....what a shit hole venue, and what a loud ass show!

That’s part of the charm! I’ll always prefer the little spots like Bogarts or Madison Theater over bigger places like Riverbend.

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 09:41 AM)grampahol Wrote: Move to South Carolina and enjoy watching outside in 100 degree weather where it may or may not pour down rain at just about any time and there's always enough mosquitoes for everyone!  Ok, probably not a great idea..I know I ain't watching football outside..
If you have a big garage, 2-3 car you could set up inside the garage with the door(s) open. It would give plenty of overhang and access to electric assuming the garage is wired and not full of junk like my garage, but you'd probably have a good 20 foot back wall for a screen. If the back wall is too far away or some other reason like full of tools, etc., you still have the ceiling and walls to hang a screen from. 
Just my own ideas.. I have a nice TV and comfortable couch..AC and central heat close to bathroom and kitchen..No particular reason to want to do it outside myself.. 

I don’t find rain too often around here in the mountain/tri state area, BUT the hell with this July 4th week. Been a torrential downpour thunderstorm almost every single day.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2022, 04:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’ve always regretted not getting to see them before he died. He had the best voice of anyone from that scene, imo.

Absolutely agree, I felt like they were the best band from that scene as well. They kicked KISS' teeth in music wise.

(07-10-2022, 04:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s part of the charm! I’ll always prefer the little spots like Bogarts or Madison Theater over bigger places like Riverbend.

Also agree generally speaking, but it was the flowing piss in the bathroom floor that was the deal breaker. LMAO

You literally had to pull your pant legs up when you walked in, or they'd get soaked. 

Reply/Quote
You all kinda hijacked my thread Shocked   You bunch of high jackers!!!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2022, 03:08 PM)Tony Wrote: Wanna see a guitar smoke? Watch some buckethead.. I suggest soothsayer...

Yeah, Buckethead rocks no doubt Tony. Cool

Will check out Soothsayer, think I have heard of the name before...

You and I have the same thoughts on metal. Love the underground stuff as you said in your other post.

(07-09-2022, 03:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Maybe if you judge them solely off watching the video for Smells Like Teen Spirit…

Nirvana was immensely talented (well - at least Grohl as a musician and Cobain as a songwriter), and certainly far more than “pop music.” The Unplugged in NY album alone is proof enough of that.

Yeah, always liked Nirvana myself. One of the few times I have ever disagreed with Wyche on anything..

But hey, it happens right?

Have the Unplugged album, even my Dad likes it and he hates a lot of the hard stuff I listen to.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2022, 02:50 AM)Wyche Wrote: Right, it's subjective. I do dig Dave and the Foo Fighters somewhat. As in, I wouldn't buy their music, but I'm not revolted is someone plays it. I'd also go to a show with someone that's a big fan. I went to the KISS reunion tour in 1996 because a friend was a big fan. Glad I did. Their stage show was phenomenal. The best part was....Alice in Chains opened in what was one of Layne Staley's last shows in Louisville. Man.....AiC was friggin absolutely all that.

Grohl and that band rock from start to finish. Was watching them on TV on Austin City Limits over the 4th of July 
weekend and man those guys namely Dave never let up from the first song to the last. Dave goes into the crowd 
and jams with old ladies and little kids, classy dude.

Never liked KISS at all, too damn repetitive. But I bet their live shows are good like you say.

Alice Cooper rocks though big time and still does at 70. He has some hot chick as his lead guitarist! Rock On

(07-10-2022, 04:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’ve always regretted not getting to see them before he died. He had the best voice of anyone from that scene, imo.

Layne was great. Cannot even base my vocals off of him he was so good, great howl.

I go with Scott Weiland instead who I can sound like. Sometimes you have to face your limits as a singer.

(07-11-2022, 12:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: Absolutely agree, I felt like they were the best band from that scene as well. They kicked KISS' teeth in music wise.

Also agree generally speaking, but it was the flowing piss in the bathroom floor that was the deal breaker. LMAO

You literally had to pull your pant legs up when you walked in, or they'd get soaked. 

That is nasty! Sick

(07-14-2022, 05:31 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote: You all kinda hijacked my thread Shocked   You bunch of high jackers!!!! Hilarious

Sorry man, but I think you got the answers you were seeking and this is a great thread on the slowest month football
wise of the year. Love talking music as well as football.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 06:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Grohl and that band rock from start to finish. Was watching them on TV on Austin City Limits over the 4th of July 
weekend and man those guys namely Dave never let up from the first song to the last. Dave goes into the crowd 
and jams with old ladies and little kids, classy dude.

Never liked KISS at all, too damn repetitive. But I bet their live shows are good like you say.

Alice Cooper rocks though big time and still does at 70. He has some hot chick as his lead guitarist! Rock On

Layne was great. Cannot even base my vocals off of him he was so good, great howl.

I go with Scott Weiland instead who I can sound like. Sometimes you have to face your limits as a singer.

That is nasty! Sick

Sorry man, but I think you got the answers you were seeking and this is a great thread on the slowest month football
wise of the year. Love talking music as well as football.

All good. I was just messin with you all and yes I got some good info!!
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 05:31 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote: You all kinda hijacked my thread Shocked   You bunch of high jackers!!!! Hilarious

Sorry man, but I did try to help a little with my first few posts. LMAO

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 01:49 PM)Wyche Wrote: Sorry man, but I did try to help a little with my first few posts. LMAO

Yes you did and thank you for that  Wink
Reply/Quote