Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Division Race
I'm going to post this in Jungle Noise, because for these last few weeks everything that happens in the AFCN affects the Bengals. If someone wants to be the post police and whine, then the mods can move it. Cleveland had it's best chance for a win out of their remaining games on Saturday against the Raiders. Seems the whole team, including Mayfield and Stefanskie, are on the Covid list. Cleveland may not be able to field a team.....

https://sports.yahoo.com/cleveland-browns-depth-chart-team-171332800.html

Quote:Explore the topics mentioned in this article

With Wednesday's announcement that quarterback Baker Mayfield and head coach Kevin Stefanski have tested positive for COVID-19, the Cleveland Browns have 18 players and nine starters on the COVID-19 list with an uncertain status for Saturday's game at home against the Las Vegas Raiders.

In addition to Mayfield, safety John Johnson III, nickelback Troy Hill, defensive tackle Malik McDowell, defensive end Ifeadi Odenigbo and practice-squad safety Nate Meadors were placed on the list Wednesday. Hill had already been expected to miss Saturday's game with a knee injury.
Reply/Quote
If the Browns cant play its a forfeit correct? I don’t think they are rescheduling games.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 02:46 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: If the Browns cant play its a forfeit correct? I don’t think they are rescheduling games.

That's my underrstanding. Rich Gannon was just talking about it on his show. I think they will play, but it will be a whole lot of 2nd and 3rd stringers including QB. I don't see the Ravens beating the Packers, especially without Lamar, so a Bengals win in Denver should move us into 1st place.
Reply/Quote
This is big for the Bengals. A Cleveland loss this week really could knock them out of the playoff race.

The following week they head to Wisconsin to be sacrificed to the Packers, then the corpse of Ben one last time before a showdown with Cincinnati.

Two losses might put them in desperation mode when they face the Bengals.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 02:57 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: This is big for the Bengals. A Cleveland loss this week really could knock them out of the playoff race.

The following week they head to Wisconsin to be sacrificed to the Packers, then the corpse of Ben one last time before a showdown with Cincinnati.

Two losses might put them in desperation mode when they face the Bengals.

they are only a game back 1 loss wont knock them out of the race especially since we cant seem to win games either
Reply/Quote
Basically for us it is win games.

Win at Denver while the other two lose and we jump to the 4 Seed. Then if we beat Baltimore and the Pack cheeses the Browns all of a sudden we are in a game 16 clinch scenario - beat the Chiefs and we clinch regardless of Cleveland. But that is looking mighty far ahead - right now we need to go win in Denver.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 02:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm going to post this in Jungle Noise, because for these last few weeks everything that happens in the AFCN affects the Bengals. If someone wants to be the post police and whine, then the mods can move it. Cleveland had it's best chance for a win out of their remaining games on Saturday against the Raiders. Seems the whole team, including Mayfield and Stefanskie, are on the Covid list. Cleveland may not be able to field a team.....

https://sports.yahoo.com/cleveland-browns-depth-chart-team-171332800.html

This thread couldn't be more Bengals related, good thread.. I don't want anyone to have covid issues, but if it has to be, I'm ok with the Browns being it ..
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 02:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they are only a game back 1 loss wont knock them out of the race especially since we cant seem to win games either

True one loss won't knock them out but this was a very winnable game for them. After that, it is a brutal stretch and it gets harder and harder for them. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Browns had to play Typhoid LaMary Jackson 2 times in 3 weeks. Of course their team was going to be wrecked by COVID.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 02:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's my underrstanding. Rich Gannon was just talking about it on his show. I think they will play, but it will be a whole lot of 2nd and 3rd stringers including QB. I don't see the Ravens beating the Packers, especially without Lamar, so a Bengals win in Denver should move us into 1st place.

They play the Raiders this week.  An easier opponent than the Packers which they should be back to full strength for, at least as far as COVID for this group of players is concerned

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 02:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's my underrstanding. Rich Gannon was just talking about it on his show. I think they will play, but it will be a whole lot of 2nd and 3rd stringers including QB. I don't see the Ravens beating the Packers, especially without Lamar, so a Bengals win in Denver should move us into 1st place.

I'm not sure I should be this excited about this, but I am.. I already felt the Raiders were gonna win. They just took a beating and are gonna come out pissed.. They are up and down like us too..
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 03:05 PM)pally Wrote: They play the Raiders this week.  An easier opponent than the Packers which they should be back to full strength for, at least as far as COVID for this group of players is concerned

Right, the Browns best chance for a win was this week. Now, not so much. Ravens have the Packers this week, with a hobbled Lamar (if he even plays) A Bengals win in Denver would be huge.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 03:05 PM)Tony Wrote: I'm not sure I should be this excited about this, but I am.. I already felt the Raiders were gonna win. They just took a beating and are gonna come out pissed.. They are up and down like us too..

I'm not sure the Raiders are gonna "come out pissed" after losing last week.
They, like the Bengals, were 5-2 at one point in the season and have lost 5 of their last 6.
Their only win during that span was the OT win against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving.

If the anger were going to come, it would have already.

The Raiders simply aren't that good with all that's happened to them this season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The Bengals need to take care of their own business. Win 4 in a row and they win the division regardless of what anyone else does

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 05:07 PM)pally Wrote: The Bengals need to take care of their own business.  Win 4 in a row and they win the division regardless of what anyone else does

Screw it, let's just win 8 in a row!

[Image: latest?cb=20100908004608]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 04:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm not sure the Raiders are gonna "come out pissed" after losing last week.
They, like the Bengals, were 5-2 at one point in the season and have lost 5 of their last 6.
Their only win during that span was the OT win against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving.

If the anger were going to come, it would have already.

The Raiders simply aren't that good with all that's happened to them this season.

Being "pissed" never scored a single point for anyone, ever. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 05:46 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Being "pissed" never scored a single point for anyone, ever. 

Being pissed is motivation... I'm sure it has. There is a thing called pride...
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 05:56 PM)Tony Wrote: Being pissed is motivation... I'm sure it has. There is a thing called pride...

Being pissed doesn't last. Focusing and executing lasts. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Good time to split the bengals into 2 teams... internally, incase covid hits them, we dont forfeit the entire game.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 05:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Being pissed doesn't last. Focusing and executing lasts. 

I agree here. You are good or you're not... I'm just hoping for the best Rfaulk...
Reply/Quote