Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Do Any Bengals Follow Suit
(08-30-2016, 02:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: They can cut him for it, so to answer yes they can. Jeff Fisher said on hard knocks they all stand and do somethign a certain way for the national anthem or they are cut, it's something he feels very strongly about.

Didn't Jeff Fischer oversee the "Hands Up" entrance by his WRs? He also drafted the first openly gay NFL player. Not sure how much of an issue he has with self-expression.

Also, this is most likely not the best forum for this subject. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 07:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Didn't Jeff Fischer oversee the "Hands Up" entrance by his WRs? He also drafted the first openly gay NFL player. Not sure how much of an issue he has with self-expression.

Also, this is most likely not the best forum for this subject. 

As the OP, the thread had 2 simple questions, both Bengal related.  Period!!
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 02:54 PM)Benton Wrote: First Amendment rights, you'll never see a rule by a team or the league.

I think Rex Ryan said it's a rule on his teams to stand and cover your heart during the anthem.  I think i saw that the year the Jets were on Hard Knocks.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 07:23 PM)bearstronaut Wrote: I think Rex Ryan said it's a rule on his teams to stand and cover your heart during the anthem.  I think i saw that the year the Jets were on Hard Knocks.

Exactly!  As long as it does not conflict NFL or union rules.
Reply/Quote
They fined him $11,000 for a racial slur he claims he did not make.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Agree he has a right to do it and if he done it when he was relevant I would credit him more.

Still disagree but do not really care other than glad we have Dalton instead.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 04:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then Jeff Fisher is stupid.

No kidding...he's pretty much giving players a golden ticket off of that crap franchise and away from his sub .500 arse!
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 02:15 PM)John Shaft Wrote: All he did was sit down on a bench. Everyone else having a hissy fit about it is comical. How does a man sitting on a freaking bench affect anyone's life ?
What fools these mortals be.
WS

The judges score one point for Shaft. John Shaft. You're damn right.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 01:56 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I haven't seen anything in any rooms here, about Kap's national anthem stunt.

Yes, he's getting negative criticism, but also, amazing to me, a lot of support as well.  

1.  Will any Bengals be foolish enough to follow suit?

2.  Will Brown/Lewis tolerate it?

1. I could not care less.

2. Yes, Brown and Lewis are adults and they will say players have a right to their opinions.

On a related note, I saw a long diatribe from a veteran who said any veteran who would condemn Kaepernick was not worthy of wearing the uniform. That is what the military fights for, per that veteran and many other veterans and civilians: freedom.

In many other countries this dissent would not be tolerated. America is (allegedly) different because we have freedom. Ironic when "patriots" want us to be more like a gulag or dictatorship. North Korea today would not tolerate Kaepernick's behavior. China probably wouldn't either. Germany or Italy in the late 1930's to mid 1940's? No way. Many of "them Moslem countries" today like Saudi Arabia, Syria, and Iraq would not be cool with it. We are supposed to be different here. Irony chock full of iron like I have never seen...
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 02:40 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I want to ask the same thing to Colin. He has a platform to make actual change but instead he sat on a bench. Mellow

Well.....its got you posting about it and there is a national discussion taking place among talk shows , news shows and other sports.
Any other questions ?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 04:21 AM)John Shaft Wrote: Well.....its got you posting about it and there is a national discussion taking place among talk shows , news shows and other sports.
Any other questions ?

But they're just talking about the guy, which was his intention to begin with.  How are you missing that?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 07:45 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree he has a right to do it and if he done it when he was relevant I would credit him more.

Still disagree but do not really care other than glad we have Dalton instead.

EXACTLY!   If he had done it when he was relevant and was still at the top of his game with a HUGE platform to advocate for his "Cause".....then I would have respected him more.  I would still disagree with it....but hey....it's his right.....and would have been a noble effort to use his fame to fight for something he believed in so strongly.

Since he waited until he was completely irrelevant, and doesn't have much to risk anymore.......it just looks like a cheap stunt to grab some attention & stay in the spotlight.  (thru any means)

In other words....this cause wasn't a priority, and he made no mention of it.......... when he was flying high on the field and was a media darling.....but now that he has slipped into the NFL QB abyss......it suddenly means EVERYTHING to him....and he just has to make a stand!    uhmm.....yeah......Not buying it.

I do not think MB or ML would stand for it (and would STRONGLY discourage that type of behavior)....simply because a stunt like that is all about "I" and not about the team.......and it would be a major distraction.   
[Image: predator_zps2bkpnoe5.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I hope none of our players follow suit. Id really hate to end up rooting against one of our own players because of a stupid statement like that. Granted its their right to make that statement its just a really dumb one to make.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Mr. Kaepernick.... You are no Pat Tillman. How about you quit the NFL and join a police force to actually make a difference. I'm betting he won't do that. This is all just an attention grab from a QB who's career is on its last legs.
Reply/Quote
Frankly i'm tired of this topic, theres better ways Colin could have voiced his opinion. Despite the problems we have in this country, I can never see myself doing something like that as a form of a dissention. The anthem and the flag represent so much more to deserve that kind of treatment.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 10:28 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Frankly i'm tired of this topic, theres better ways Colin could have voiced his opinion. Despite the problems we have in this country, I can never see myself doing something like that as a form of a dissention. The anthem and the flag represent so much more to deserve that kind of treatment.
Well said! George Iloka voiced his opinion on social media and I had no problem with him doing that. I'm sure Collin could've did an ESPN 30 for 30 on the issues and that would've went over well. Just a thought, he could've raised a fist alla Jesse Owens if he scored a TD. As stated though, there has to be a better way to voice your opinion rather than not standing for the anthem. Just weeks ago in the Olympic games Usain Bolt stopped his interview to honor our anthem...and he's Jamaican!

WHO DEY!!!
Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 01:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They may not agree with it, but Brown/Lewis will have to tolerate it.

I don't agree with it, but I understand that he has the right to do it.

Very true

Yet just because someone has the right to do it, does not mean it is right to do so. 

and now to excersise my rights. 

Kap is a egg ! ......and reflecting back on all the "the Bengals F 'ed up by not selecting Kap over Dalton" are so laughable now. 

So glad this buffoon who sits out anthem and now sports his Castro shirt is not in Bengals stripes.  

But you are exactly right in statement and can not argue it at all. He does have the right and that is one of the things that makes this country great.

But he makes over $7,000 (plus most on heres weekly paycheck) A DAY to hold a clipboard ! 

The best part for him is that he does not need to make a raft from garbage to flee this oppression and can afford a large boat to take him and other oppressed people to their promised land. Could even afford to buy the  land for all to live on probably. 

What he is is a spoiled rotten brat.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 09:16 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Mr. Kaepernick.... You are no Pat Tillman. How about you quit the NFL and join a police force to actually make a difference. I'm betting he won't do that. This is all just an attention grab from a QB who's career is on its last legs.

He doesn't have the balls to do that....
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 06:14 AM)McC Wrote: But they're just talking about the guy, which was his intention to begin with.  How are you missing that?

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 01:56 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I haven't seen anything in any rooms here, about Kap's national anthem stunt.

Yes, he's getting negative criticism, but also, amazing to me, a lot of support as well.  

1.  Will any Bengals be foolish enough to follow suit?

2.  Will Brown/Lewis tolerate it?

Easy fix - any player that has troubles standing for the national anthem probably needs to be sent back to the locker room about 15 minutes prior to the national anthem, every game,  just to double check their tape jobs and braces on their lower limbs, and have a precautionary concussion screening.  This is to make sure they can physically stand and have reasonable mental judgment and are  thinking clearly.  Should take about 15 or 20 minutes.  Sarcasm
Reply/Quote