Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Do Any Bengals Follow Suit
I haven't seen anything in any rooms here, about Kap's national anthem stunt.

Yes, he's getting negative criticism, but also, amazing to me, a lot of support as well.

1. Will any Bengals be foolish enough to follow suit?

2. Will Brown/Lewis tolerate it?
Reply/Quote
They may not agree with it, but Brown/Lewis will have to tolerate it.

I don't agree with it, but I understand that he has the right to do it.
Reply/Quote
1. Hope Not..
2. Hell No
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 01:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They may not agree with it, but Brown/Lewis will have to tolerate it.

Pleeeaaaaseee ... they own that football team.  Until the NFL come up with a specific rule, they don't' have' to tolerate ANY blatant disrespect!
Reply/Quote
All he did was sit down on a bench. Everyone else having a hissy fit about it is comical. How does a man sitting on a freaking bench affect anyone's life ?
What fools these mortals be.
WS
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 02:15 PM)John Shaft Wrote: All he did was sit down on a bench. Everyone else having a hissy fit about it is comical. How does a man sitting on a freaking bench affect anyone's life ?
What fools these mortals be.
WS

I want to ask the same thing to Colin. He has a platform to make actual change but instead he sat on a bench. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 02:06 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Pleeeaaaaseee ... they own that football team.  Until the NFL come up with a specific rule, they don't' have' to tolerate ANY blatant disrespect!

He is not breaking any rule.  They can't punish him.

What if he refused to take part in a team prayer?  Do you think he could be punished for that?
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 01:56 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I haven't seen anything in any rooms here, about Kap's national anthem stunt.

Yes, he's getting negative criticism, but also, amazing to me, a lot of support as well.  

1.  Will any Bengals be foolish enough to follow suit?

2.  Will Brown/Lewis tolerate it?

1. If they're smart then no.
2. If they're smart then they won't tolerate it.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 02:06 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Pleeeaaaaseee ... they own that football team.  Until the NFL come up with a specific rule, they don't' have' to tolerate ANY blatant disrespect!

First Amendment rights, you'll never see a rule by a team or the league.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 02:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is not breaking any rule.  They can't punish him.

They can cut him for it, so to answer yes they can. Jeff Fisher said on hard knocks they all stand and do somethign a certain way for the national anthem or they are cut, it's something he feels very strongly about.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 02:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: They can cut him for it, so to answer yes they can. Jeff Fisher said on hard knocks they all stand and do somethign a certain way for the national anthem or they are cut, it's something he feels very strongly about.

On the line, with your helmet in your left hand. Hell yes a team can punish him for it. You are wearing the teams jersey, you represent the team. I can tell you flat out if I owned a team and you represented my team and sat your on your ass during the National Anthem, you would not be wearing that jersey again. First Amendment means the Government cannot punish your freedom of speech. It has nothing to do with employers. Want to exercise you 1st Amendment right fine, find a job elsewhere. That's been the courts ruling over and over. I was on a Police Dept. for over 20 years.... think I had rules about what I could say and could not say while representing the dept? Hell Yes!!!!
Reply/Quote
Employers do have to right to limit freedom of speech when the employee is representing the employer. For instance a McDonalds clerk can be fired for telling a customer to go to Wendys. However, unless it involves not speaking to a reporter, the NFL historically has not interfered in situations such as this preferring to leave it in team's hands.

ON another note Rodney Harrison is now apologizing for saying Colin wasn't black

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 02:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: They can cut him for it, so to answer yes they can. Jeff Fisher said on hard knocks they all stand and do somethign a certain way for the national anthem or they are cut, it's something he feels very strongly about.

Then Jeff Fisher is stupid.
Reply/Quote
I hope no Bengals follow suit. No because i think it was wrong but because it was just so lame.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Guys like Micheal Johnson help the situation in the correct way. Props to him and the other players in the league doing their part.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 04:40 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Guys like Micheal Johnson help the situation in the correct way. Props to him and the other players in the league doing their part.

Guys all over the league, probably most of the guys in the league, are making the world better every day and saying very little about it unless it's to enlist help.  That's the way grownups do it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 02:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is not breaking any rule.  They can't punish him.

What if he refused to take part in a team prayer?  Do you think he could be punished for that?

Team can set any team rules they want as long as it doesn't conflict with players' union or NFL protocol.

For example, if it doesn't violate either of those, an owner could make it a rule that every player will sign autographs at a designated time for a period of time.

You don't want to take me down the spiritual road Ms Toast, and I won't go there, for many reasons.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 01:56 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I haven't seen anything in any rooms here, about Kap's national anthem stunt.

1.  Will any Bengals be foolish enough to follow suit?

2.  Will Brown/Lewis tolerate it?

I guess one of my problems with Kap is if he is so sincere and passionate about his cause what is he doing about it to make a positive and real change other than sitting on the bench during the national anthem? 

What I hate the most about the whole controversy is the comparison to Ali, Kap I've seen Muhammad Ali and your no Muhammad Ali.
Reply/Quote

Jeff fisher also said he'd make decisions on his QB. That didn't work out in Tennessee.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

(08-30-2016, 03:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: On the line, with your helmet in your left hand. Hell yes a team can punish him for it. You are wearing the teams jersey, you represent the team. I can tell you flat out if I owned a team and you represented my team and sat your on your ass during the National Anthem, you would not be wearing that jersey again. First Amendment means the Government cannot punish your freedom of speech. It has nothing to do with employers. Want to exercise you 1st Amendment right fine, find a job elsewhere. That's been the courts ruling over and over. I was on a Police Dept. for over 20 years.... think I had rules about what I could say and could not say while representing the dept? Hell Yes!!!!

So...if Aaron Donald or Todd Gurley sit on their ass during the national anthem...Fisher would be cutting them? 
Reply/Quote