Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Bengals Keep 7 WR's?
Maybe they actually let go Ross since he contributes little to zero in specials missed alot of camp .
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 01:52 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Maybe they actually let go Ross since he contributes little to zero in specials missed alot of camp .

I.highly doubt that. This is a prove it year for Ross.why weaken the strongest position group on the team? 
When healthy he's a proven TD threat unlike Morgan or Erickson
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 01:52 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Maybe they actually let go Ross since he contributes little to zero in specials missed alot of camp .

There is no operational benefit from dropping Ross at this point in time. It makes no sense to make a move other than a trade until next offseason.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 01:52 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Maybe they actually let go Ross since he contributes little to zero in specials missed alot of camp .

Not happening. Cutting Ross saves no money due to his rookie contract. And even if that wasn’t the case, it would be silly to give up on him before seeing what he looks like with Burrow.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 01:52 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Maybe they actually let go Ross since he contributes little to zero in specials missed alot of camp .

Say What
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 02:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not happening. Cutting Ross saves no money due to his rookie contract. And even if that wasn’t the case, it would be silly to give up on him before seeing what he looks like with Burrow.

maybe we don;t cut him but a possible trade could help us more than having him be our 4/5 WR.. Raiders, Browns, Cowboys traded their first round pick of 2017 already.. we are weak now at CB... i could maybe see what we could get for Ross right now.. probably would not be much though but i feel we are better at WR than CBs.. something to think about,. 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 06:23 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: maybe we don;t cut him but a possible trade could help us more than having him be our 4/5 WR.. Raiders, Browns, Cowboys traded their first round pick of 2017 already.. we are weak now at CB... i could maybe see what we could get for Ross right now.. probably would not be much though but i feel we are better at WR than CBs.. something to think about,. 

He’s not the 4/5 WR though. He’s a starter on the outside along with AJ.

Reply/Quote

Ummmmm NO
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 06:23 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: maybe we don;t cut him but a possible trade could help us more than having him be our 4/5 WR.. Raiders, Browns, Cowboys traded their first round pick of 2017 already.. we are weak now at CB... i could maybe see what we could get for Ross right now.. probably would not be much though but i feel we are better at WR than CBs.. something to think about,. 

Stop it.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 06:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s not the 4/5 WR though. He’s a starter on the outside along with AJ.

Not the depth chart I saw  he is 4th 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 06:39 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Stop it.

You act like a backup is untouchable 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 11:08 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Not the depth chart I saw  he is 4th 

(08-29-2020, 11:10 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You act like a backup is untouchable 

Not sure what you’re looking at, but he’s not a backup. Him and AJ are on the outside, with Boyd in the slot.

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/CIN

Reply/Quote
Back at yea bubby and CB is a bigger newd , if we could swing a trade I would look at it...
https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/depth/_/name/cin
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 11:23 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Back at yea bubby and CB is a bigger newd , if we could swing a trade I would look at it...
https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/depth/_/name/cin

The Q next his name means questionable. If he’s healthy, he’s starting.

Reply/Quote
They'd be wise to keep 7 with the fragility of the guys at the top of the depth chart.
Reply/Quote
No NFL team has released any official depth chart to this point. They used to have to release one before the first preseason game but since there aren't any games this year they won't release one until after the final cut down. Any depth chart on any other site is purely speculation and guess work.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2020, 01:12 AM)kacymcbryant18 Wrote: No NFL team has released any official depth chart to this point. They used to have to release one before the first preseason game but since there aren't any games this year they won't release one until after the final cut down. Any depth chart on any other site is purely speculation and guess work.

Right, and guessing John Ross is a starter is a pretty easy guess...

Reply/Quote
I could see Ross being traded but it would have to be for at least a 3rd RD comp pick. I highly doubt any team would give you that.

As for the OP I don't think the question is are we keeping 7 but it is are we keeping 8 at this point. I want to see if Morgan stays on because of special teams.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

He was right back with the first team when he returned from caring for his son.  That doesn't seem to indicate they were that worried about him missing time or that he's on the bubble.  There are only 3 WR's on the roster who have caught more than one NFL TD.  Ross is one of those.  ST's are great and all, but you have to score points to win games.  

We also have to look at last year.  Core was a solid ST's player, but he got cut in favor of Willis and Tate who showed more as WR's.  There is a very real possibility that ST's is not as big of a factor in final cuts under ZT as it was under Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 11:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Q next his name means questionable. If he’s healthy, he’s starting.

Actually it means quarantined but nice try lol
Reply/Quote