Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do The Bengals Finally Do The Right Thing?
(11-11-2018, 06:51 PM)UDBengalsFan Wrote: Bill Belichick lost today to the Titans

I guess ya'll are saying Belichick and Josh McDaniels are bad coachs, just like Marvin and Austin

[Image: the-point-you-30719018.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:52 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Serious question though in the coming weeks we will get back Vontaz, Vigil, and Dennard. Those three guys should give the Defense a major boost and there really is only two dangerous offensive teams left on the schedule with the Chargers and Steelers.  The Defense could theoretically turn it around.

Under Teryl Austin have those three guys really “shown out,” to use a popular phrase? No.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:51 PM)UDBengalsFan Wrote: Bill Belichick lost today to the Titans

I guess ya'll are saying Belichick and Josh McDaniels are bad coachs, just like Marvin and Austin

Yeah Belichick has been to 8 Super Bowls with the Patriots and won 5, Marvin hasn’t even won a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I certainly hope so brother, because this is getting painful to watch.  Mellow

It's worse than painful.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
While the defense was still it's horrible self, is it also fair to question why they sat Mixon when he was so dominant
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:52 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Serious question though in the coming weeks we will get back Vontaz, Vigil, and Dennard. Those three guys should give the Defense a major boost and there really is only two dangerous offensive teams left on the schedule with the Chargers and Steelers.  The Defense could theoretically turn it around.

I mean there’s only one way up from rock bottom I think. But this defense was bad even when Vigil and Dennard were playing. People keep saying we’ll be better when Burfict comes back but his problem is he can’t get on the field and his play has dropped the last few years.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:57 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Yeah Belichick has been to 8 Super Bowls with the Patriots and won 5, Marvin hasn’t even who a playoff game.

i was kidding
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:56 PM)JumboTron Wrote: [Image: the-point-you-30719018.png]

It was a joke
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 07:01 PM)UDBengalsFan Wrote: It was a joke

Much like this coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:59 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: It's worse than painful.

dont let it get ya down, it's just sports
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:59 PM)Goalpost Wrote: While the defense was still it's horrible self, is it also fair to question why they sat Mixon when he was so dominant

The game was lost. Giovani Bernard needed some live game snaps. I’m not saying I agree with this. It’s just the reason why. We’ll need Mixon and Bernard against the Ratbirds next week.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:59 PM)Goalpost Wrote: While the defense was still it's horrible self, is it also fair to question why they sat Mixon when he was so dominant

Whatever happened to the concept of 'riding the hot hand'?
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 07:03 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Whatever happened to the concept of 'riding the hot hand'?

That was one of the best drives we had all year
Reply/Quote
I’d love to see Marvin and Austin fired in the next 24hrs.

I said before this game that even if we drop this and the ravens game we can still make the playoffs but right now I don’t really care.

It’s not that I don’t think things can’t get worse it’s that I can’t see them getting better by leaving things as they are. Get a new head coach and DC and see what they can do.
Reply/Quote
Anybody saying this guy or that guy getting healthy will help, or this player or that player isn’t playing well is just plain wrong! This defense is historically bad. We just witnessed, for the first time in the super bowl era, a defense give up 500+ total yards in three straight games. Changes must be made, this team still has a very real chance to make the playoffs, but the defense must improve and the best way to do that midseason is to hire a new coordinator...
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:27 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The FO is to blame for the players they gave Austin. Is he responsible when the D-line can't put any pressure at all on the opposing QB. Atkins and Dunlap got paid and don't care if the get any sacks at all. The back seven have no chance if the QB has all day. In Mike Browns defense he spent the money but is getting nothing in return.

The truth is this team is beyond the help of any group of players.  Dunlap, Atkins, and Burfict were my favorite players on the team.  They were stars and now they all look like crap.  It is safe to say that if Whitworth stayed he probably would have turned to crap to.  

Any window of opportunity at all for the Marvin Lewis led Bengals slammed shut and slammed shut hard on that 2015 playoff loss.  This team is like the Cowboys in that it is just plain stale.  Nothing short of a complete rebuild will change either organization and both owners, although wildly different in some ways, are similar in that their egos will not let them turn over operations to a general manager.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It's a combination of things for sure, but you can't change the roster mid-season, so the only hope is to change the position coach - who's own scheme has been problematic as well - in hopes that a different style / approach will make some sort of difference. You either try that or watch this defense set NFL records for ineptitude.

It's funny when you mention how bad the defense is to casual fans or fans of other teams 

They don't realize you're being serious about it and not over exaggerating the statement!

Yes they're historically really that terrible!!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 07:01 PM)UDBengalsFan Wrote: It was a joke

I was begin sarcastic but yes a joke just like the Bengals defense lol.
Reply/Quote
There is absolutely no reason and I mean no logical reason Lewis and Austin have jobs come Monday. Which means they will under Brown’s ownership. Worst owner in professional sports.
Reply/Quote
Austin is Bresnehan 2.0 in a league even more punishing to defense.
Reply/Quote