Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do The Bengals Finally Do The Right Thing?
Marv, Austin, and Lazor all need to go for this team to do anything in the next few years. Even that will be a stretch with some of the players they have at key positions.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:55 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Every team has a game like this where they lose unexpectedly.  Bill Belichick has less of these games than anyone maybe ever.

Marvin Lewis, conversely, loses games like this several times a year.

lets give Titans some credit....their D looks impressive last few times I have watched them . ML and Teryl Austin should take notes
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 07:00 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I mean there’s only one way up from rock bottom I think. But this defense was bad even when Vigil and Dennard were playing. People keep saying we’ll be better when Burfict comes back but his problem is he can’t get on the field and his play has dropped the last few years.

It really wasn't though we had a bad passing Defense one game and a bad rushing game. For the most part we were good.
4 out of the 5 games we held opposing QBs under 7ypa,  we had multiple sacks in 4 games(3 with 3 or more), we had 4 games with more than 5 qb hits, 3 out of 5 games we held opposing RBs under 4ypa, and 2 games held a QB under 60% completion.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I thought i would like the hire,but sinbad look alike has to go asap
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 07:39 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: It really wasn't though we had a bad passing Defense one game and a bad rushing game. For the most part we were good.
4 out of the 5 games we held opposing QBs under 7ypa,  we had multiple sacks in 4 games(3 with 3 or more), we had 4 games with more than 5 qb hits, 3 out of 5 games we held opposing RBs under 4ypa, and 2 games held a QB under 60% completion.

They probably weren’t as horrific as they are now which is almost impossible to do but they were still bad. Carolina didn’t to need to throw the ball vs us because they were raming it down our throats running the ball. Couldn’t stop Atlanta once from what I recall. Even vs. a bad Colts team we struggled from what I recall. I don’t see it changing that much to be honest.
Reply/Quote
I wanted Austin fired after week 1 and compared him to Chuck Bresnahan. His D performed just as poorly in the preseason, and people said I was jumping the gun.
Reply/Quote
So this is how this ship sinks this year? Start 4-1 ,but end up being the worst defense of all time. Nice
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 08:18 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I wanted Austin fired after week 1 and compared him to Chuck Bresnahan.  His D performed just as poorly in the preseason, and people said I was jumping the gun.

They were right, you were. 

WTS, I cannot see any reason to retain his services after the last 3 games
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I stopped reading when Bill Belichick losing a game was used as an affirmative defense for Marvy and Terrybul. PM me when stupid stops and we can realistically talk football.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:52 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Serious question though in the coming weeks we will get back Vontaz, Vigil, and Dennard. Those three guys should give the Defense a major boost and there really is only two dangerous offensive teams left on the schedule with the Chargers and Steelers.  The Defense could theoretically turn it around.

Just in time for the playoffs too.  /ending sarcasm    

Initiate Jim Mora's playoff meme:

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 08:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They were right, you were. 

WTS, I cannot see any reason to retain his services after the last 3 games

I may have been. But still, I wasn't wrong. I saw it early on
Reply/Quote
Is there talk of firing Marvin ? Did I miss something ?
Reply/Quote
Even if they fire Austin (which they should), the talent simply isn't there on defense. Linebacker corps is a joke and it's killing us.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:00 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Is there talk of firing Marvin ? Did I miss something ?

I remember people questioning their desire to win. Wondering how can you possibly think we don’t want to win a SB? Well, MB & ML, you can add this game to one of the many, many reasons of why we think that. There’s talking and there’s doing. I’m not even acknowledging which is being done.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:00 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Is there talk of firing Marvin ? Did I miss something ?

There is always talk of shitcanning Marvin. Unfortunately it never takes place in the Front Office.
Reply/Quote
The worst was the 4th quarter where you knew they were running and got like 10 ypc.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 08:18 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I wanted Austin fired after week 1 and compared him to Chuck Bresnahan. His D performed just as poorly in the preseason, and people said I was jumping the gun.

I called for Austin to go in like week 3 or 4 & what has happened since?

This defense is still on pace to set a NFL record in yards allowed.

This defense has allowed 500+ yards in the last 3 games & over 2K in the last 4.

Poor tackling LBs, Secondary being out of position constantly, & zero pressure from the dline. Austin needs fired tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:18 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I remember people questioning their desire to win. Wondering how can you possibly think we don’t want to win a SB? Well, MB & ML, you can add this game to one of the many, many reasons of why we think that. There’s talking and there’s doing. I’m not even acknowledging which is being done.

We just need to play better, giggle, clap  Clapping
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I certainly hope so brother, because this is getting painful to watch.  Mellow

No....because they were playing like shit WITH those guys. I can't believe we're still blaming the offense for putting up 28 on Baltimore in THE FIRST HALF, only to eek out a W because the defense played like shit the 2nd half. Same with most of our games. They haven't stopped ANYONE. 

Burfict looked like hot shit steaming on a cool winter morning when he did play.

Either these guys have forgotten how to play over the off-season, or this bum can't coach two dogs *****. Y'all be the judge.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:59 PM)Goalpost Wrote: While the defense was still it's horrible self, is it also fair to question why they sat Mixon when he was so dominant

Merv teams doing Merv things. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote