Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do we need a new Punter?
(09-30-2023, 02:43 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Huber and Robbins are two different players. The argument: "I guess people didn't look at the previous guys career" is lazy.

Being aware of a players stats and then making a comparison is lazy?

That’s silly. I would say the select outrage over Robbins is lazy

How about you explain why there’s a double standard in this case?
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 01:20 AM)basballguy Wrote: Being aware of a players stats and then making a comparison is lazy?  

That’s silly. I would say the select outrage over Robbins is lazy

How about you explain why there’s a double standard in this case?

It's okay to be in the moment and say Robbins is struggling based on his stats. Arguing that posters have "select outrage" is not warranted because the previous punter started off with bad numbers before improving assumes a correlation without causality. There is no cause-and-effect connection between the two different punters. Huber getting better does not mean Robbins will get better. 

40 yards a punt is what we are getting out of the punter with the second to last AVG punt in the NFL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Robbins had a better day against the Titans. I suppose the game's lone bright spot for Bengals fans.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:16 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Robbins had a better day against the Titans. I suppose the game's lone bright spot for Bengals fans.

His net was not great but he had 63 52 and 52 so his leg was strong
Reply/Quote
He was certainly far better today. Showed that he does have some boot in him.

The 62 yarder flipped the field (at a time when that was certainly needed... was the only way we were moving down the field!). The 53 yarder flipped the field as well. It's not all about huge hangtime with no returns if you cant flip the field, but he proved he is capable of that today.
Reply/Quote
At this point,after watching this game today,I think the least of our worries should be looking for a new Punter.
Reply/Quote
brad robbins is reading our posts, maybe all of them are!! JOE BURROW SIT STOP PLAYING WE DON'T CARE HOW MUCH YOU WERE PAID THAT IS YOUR MENTAL PROBLEM TO DEAL WITH!!!! WE WILL SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 06:06 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: brad robbins is reading our posts, maybe all of them are!! JOE BURROW SIT STOP PLAYING WE DON'T CARE HOW MUCH YOU WERE PAID THAT IS YOUR MENTAL PROBLEM TO DEAL WITH!!!! WE WILL SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!

To be fair, if any professional sports team looks like it runs itself based on what it's fanbase posts on internet forums, it sure is the Cincinnati Bengals. 
Reply/Quote
Much better day today. Was it because it was hot out? Not sure why we didn't see more of that in the first three weeks.

Hope it continues.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Robbins had an OK game today but it was far from great. He had a punt of 49 yards but it was returned for 21 yards which is a net of only 28 yards. He had another punt from midfield which is supposed to be his bread and butter but he kicked it in the endzone for a net of 33. He had a punt of 40 yards with no return. His other punts were good, a 62 yard punt with a 12 yard return for 50 net yards and a 53 yard punt with a 4 yard return for 49 net yards. That is 28, 33, 40, 49 and 50 net yards for an average of 40 net yard per punt.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 06:43 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Robbins had an OK game today but it was far from great.  He had a punt of 49 yards but it was returned for 21 yards which is a net of only 28 yards.  He had another punt from midfield which is supposed to be his bread and butter but he kicked it in the endzone for a net of 33.  He had a punt of 40 yards with no return. His other punts were good, a 62 yard punt with a 12 yard return for 50 net yards and a 53 yard punt with a 4 yard return for 49 net yards.  That is 28, 33, 40, 49 and 50 net yards for an average of 40 net yard per punt.

Yeah that punt into he endzone was sad, I'm like this is what we got Robbins for and it bounces at the 1-2. Maybe he expects our players to get down there and catch it?
Reply/Quote