Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Do we need a new song for the Bengals?
The Trooper Iron Maiden ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wait…”Welcome to the Jungle” is an actual song? That people outside of Cincinnati know?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Welcome to the Jungle is great by G N' R but also would like to add Eye of the Tiger by Survivor to the list.

Year of the Cat is cool too. I know I am a bit young for this song but I know music 20 years before i was born better
than my Rock and Roll hippy parents before they became Reaganites when I was born in '82.

Give me more, but not Roar by Katy, I love to look at her but that is about it. She is a good singer but I just hate it.

Pop music sucks man. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 04:53 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Beastie Boys be good...

Man, I love a 70's band called Jethro Tull too but that song just don't fit unless you live in Pitt.

Bungle in the Jungle. You are an Asshole Ian Anderson for this song. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 03:21 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: GnR was much better than other bands of that era, and a helluva lot edgier. 

I was 12 when it came out. The first time I heard it was in the movie "The Dead Pool", the 2nd time was at Riverfront....which they had just started calling The Jungle I think. It was my first NFL game too. Perfect fit for this team. 

Exactly. I think the song (and most of GnR's stuff) has aged incredibly well. They weren't a hair group. Their music was much edgier than that, and it still slaps. I don't listen to Guns or that song very often, but when I do it still gives me chills. That's when you know it's a banger.

(03-22-2022, 03:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Is it time to replace "The Star Spangled Banner" as our national anthem?

It sounds kind of dated.

Right on. Since when do we have to replace songs? Great songs are timeless.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 08:18 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Wait…”Welcome to the Jungle” is an actual song? That people outside of Cincinnati know?

Nope, it's just something Mike Brown's cousin wrote in the 80s for use in Riverfront Stadium.

Where's the ninja at, man? I know you're not serious.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 12:32 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Nope, it's just something Mike Brown's cousin wrote in the 80s for use in Riverfront Stadium.

Where's the ninja at, man? I know you're not serious.

All I know was G N' R was probably the biggest band in my area growing up. Them and Van Halen.

Both great bands. I went harder as I just do. I went some Alt Metal. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 12:36 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All I know was G N' R was probably the biggest band in my area growing up. Them and Van Halen.

I've listed to a bit of literally everything in my life. Did have a metal phase, but old me just hears loud noise now. I much prefer stuff that's a little softer on the ears and less negative these days.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 12:47 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've listed to a bit of literally everything in my life. Did have a metal phase, but old me just hears loud noise now. I much prefer stuff that's a little softer on the ears and less negative these days.

Same. You learn a bit as you grow older lol

There are still some good positive alt metal bands and songs but it is mainly a different genre regardless.

You lose your station if you are not affiliated with record companies and such that try to own you.

Kid Rock was on when we were in High School Shake but I didn't care as much for him then as I do now honestly.

And he is still loud ha ha  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I don't know about a new song but with our new offensive line of GLASS-EATERS, I wouldn't mind if they invited this group in to do a concert after the Bengals crush the Steelers.  Any other GLASS TIGER fans out there? Btw, this dude is still singing these songs in the same key he sang in nearly forty years ago. Unbelievably, his voice still sounds exactly the same.  Take a listen and see if you remember this classic.

[video=youtube]http://[/video]
Reply/Quote
Here's some GLASS TIGER more recently, rocking the perfect backdrop for a show at the Jungle:

[video=youtube]http://[/video]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 04:49 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: That's the funny thing about music - prevailing opinions change with time. My dad is 70 and swears the best music that was ever written was written in the 70's. I try to listen to it and it is all absolute ass cheeks. Young people now will say "Man, the best music was in the 2010's" and our kids will say "Mom, Dad, this shit SUCKS!" 

Late 60's and 70's. I totally agree with your Dad, and I'm 62. You had MOTOWN, all the British bands, Southern Rock, Credence, Looking Glass, The Face's (before Rod Stewart went glam) Clapton, Zeppelin, and the rest of them. Basically any genre you liked was kicking in the 70's
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 04:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Right.

Our theme song should be about venereal disease.

"Cat Scratch Fever" is not about VD, it's about lust. Go back to sleep. And btw Cat Scratch Fever is a real disease cause by cat scratches.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 12:29 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Exactly. I think the song (and most of GnR's stuff) has aged incredibly well. They weren't a hair group. Their music was much edgier than that, and it still slaps. I don't listen to Guns or that song very often, but when I do it still gives me chills. That's when you know it's a banger.

Right on. Since when do we have to replace songs? Great songs are timeless.

Yeah man, Mr Brownstone, My Michelle, Paradise City, Sweet Child O Mine, You're Crazy, I mean...their albums have explicit lyrics warnings, lol. Civil War, Yesterdays, You Could Be Mine, etc off the Use Your Illusion albums were great songs, Lies might be my favorite acoustic album ever. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 10:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Late 60's and 70's. I totally agree with your Dad, and I'm 62. You had MOTOWN, all the British bands, Southern Rock, Credence, Looking Glass, The Face's (before Rod Stewart went glam) Clapton, Zeppelin, and the rest of them. Basically any genre you liked was kicking in the 70's

Hell, even country music was much better in the 70s....and I'm 46.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 03:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Cracks me up to hear all the talk about 80' music. There was no good music in the 80's, the 70's and 60's is when the good music was.

I'd never change Welcome to the Jungle, but if I did it would be to something along the lines of Kashmir by Led Zep, Ironman by Black Sabbath or AC/DC's Highway to Hell. But probably the best fit would be Cat Scratch Fever.

Can hear the lyrics blasting over PA no singing " I made the p***y purr with a stroke of my hand" . 

Not to mention Liberals would lose their mind having a Ted Nugent song representing a NFL team. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 12:36 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All I know was G N' R was probably the biggest band in my area growing up. Them and Van Halen.

Saw Van Halen warm up for Black Sabbath on Ozzy Osbourne's farewell tour at Riverfront Coliseum. Van Halen had just come out and only had one album, which as incredible. Just saw Eddie's son Wolfgang a few months ago and he is not bad, especially for the price. 

Was also at the infamous Who concert at Riverfront Coliseum. Caught G N' R multiple times in the 80's as well but would not go now that they're old. 

it's surprising how Axl got so fat later though. The stage was huge with ramps all around and must have run at least 20 miles during shows while singing. Must have been fueled up on Mr Brownstone I reckon.  

If you want a new band that is incredible check out Rival Sons or Marcus King. Rival Sons are unbelievable live and still cheap. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 12:19 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Can hear the lyrics blasting over PA no singing " I made the p***y purr with a stroke of my hand" . 

Not to mention Liberals would lose their mind having a Ted Nugent song representing a NFL team. 

Nobody seemed to have a problem with it when they played it after the Nugent fieldgoals.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 12:19 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Can hear the lyrics blasting over PA no singing " I made the p***y purr with a stroke of my hand" . 

Hilarious I love Uncle Ted.

(03-23-2022, 12:31 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Saw Van Halen warm up for Black Sabbath on Ozzy Osbourne's farewell tour at Riverfront Coliseum. Van Halen had just come out and only had one album, which as incredible. Just saw Eddie's son Wolfgang a few months ago and he is not bad, especially for the price. 

Was also at the infamous Who concert at Riverfront Coliseum. Caught G N' R multiple times in the 80's as well but would not go now that they're old. 

it's surprising how Axl got so fat later though. The stage was huge with ramps all around and must have run at least 20 miles during shows while singing. Must have been fueled up on Mr Brownstone I reckon.  

If you want a new band that is incredible check out Rival Sons or Marcus King. Rival Sons are unbelievable live and still cheap. 

You got good taste Go Cards. Will check out Rival Sons and Marcus King.

A band I really like that is new is Black Top Mojo. Got good vids too on youtube.

(03-23-2022, 01:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Nobody seemed to have a problem with it when they played it after the Nugent fieldgoals.

No doubt. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 01:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Nobody seemed to have a problem with it when they played it after the Nugent fieldgoals.

Well I never would have a problem and seen Terrible Ted 4 or 5 times live in the 70's and was a season ticket holder as well when this was played for made FG's. 

But they only just played a quick snippet of chorus after the made FG's and plus Nugent left in 2016, but play Welcome to the Jungle much longer.

Most of the left could care less about Ted Nugent at that time until he became Donald Trumps #1 vocal supporter the year Nugent left. Probably still just laughed until the DT won and the hatred began.  

Anyway, I don't sweat music and think it transcends politics anyway.. They can play whatever they want, do not really listen to Ted much anymore but could still sing every word of it if played. doubt many others could though and many probably have never even heard.   Yet in no way should this song even be mentioned in the same breath as Welcome to the Jungle even though the former is from the 70's and the latter the 80's. 

Always thought Dog Eat Dog was Ted's best song, maybe the Browns could incorporate that one and us Cat Scratch and it can be an Ohio thing. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote