Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Do we need a new song for the Bengals?
(03-22-2022, 03:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Cracks me up to hear all the talk about 80' music. There was no good music in the 80's, the 70's and 60's is when the good music was.

I'd never change Welcome to the Jungle, but if I did it would be to something along the lines of Kashmir by Led Zep, Ironman by Black Sabbath or AC/DC's Highway to Hell. But probably the best fit would be Cat Scratch Fever.

Kashmir is one of my all-time favorite songs. 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 04:22 AM)EasyPeasy Wrote: You want a new song and you choose Poison? I think it's more important to get a new TD song. 

Pretty much everyone at games belts out Bengal Growl with glee. Is it old and corny? Yup! Do most people have a fun time drunkenly screaming the lyrics out? Yup!
Reply/Quote
Don’t touch Welcome to the Jungle. But the Bengals do need to adjust their who in-game music play list. College games do t let a dead second go by without rocking some music. Bengals need to up their game there
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 01:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hilarious I love Uncle Ted.

You got good taste Go Cards. Will check out Rival Sons and Marcus King.

A band I really like that is new is Black Top Mojo. Got good vids too on youtube.

No doubt. Smirk

Hey thanks a lot for turning me on to Blacktop Mojo really like their sound and hope to catch them live. 

Think you would like Marcus King and would start out with "Virginia" and "The Well" which has now become the NASCAR theme song with lyrics changed. Really don't watch much racing but was notified quickly by friends that do because I post him so much on FB. 

He is starting to play more love songs since he got with this hot chick but make no mistake about it he is one of the best guitar players on the planet. 

Also think you would like Cristone kingfish Ingram too and would start with "662". Both these youngsters can slay the guitar 

Rival Sons check out "Do Your Worst" "Too Bad" "Open My Eyes" and "Electric Man" 

Once again thanks so much for telling me about BTM, "It Won't Last" is fire and hope they do many more originals with this sound. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 10:09 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Hey thanks a lot for turning me on to Blacktop Mojo really like their sound and hope to catch them live. 

Think you would like Marcus King and would start out with "Virginia" and "The Well" which has now become the NASCAR theme song with lyrics changed. Really don't watch much racing but was notified quickly by friends that do because I post him so much on FB. 

He is starting to play more love songs since he got with this hot chick but make no mistake about it he is one of the best guitar players on the planet. 

Also think you would like Cristone kingfish Ingram too and would start with "662". Both these youngsters can slay the guitar 

Rival Sons check out "Do Your Worst" "Too Bad" "Open My Eyes" and "Electric Man" 

Once again thanks so much for telling me about BTM, "It Won't Last" is fire and hope they do many more originals with this sound. 

Yes sir. We need to start a thread in the Entertainment forum or just PM each other on our music Go Cards.

Haven't been able to check out your guys in Marcus King, Rival Sons yet and will check out Cristone Kingfish Ingram.

Glad you liked Blacktop Mojo, really like these guys and think they might be former military, very talented.

Another Band that is older I always liked that reminds me of BTM is Blackstone Cherry, but they have been around. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Tiptoe Through The Tulips
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
While "Welcome to the Jungle" has absolutely nothing to do with an actual jungle, tigers, or football... it does have quite the perfect build-up type intro that is very fitting for kicking off a football game. I like it and would miss it if changed.
Reply/Quote
No.  The song is cool for the Bengals.  Also for those talking about music to appeal to the younger crowd, going to a Bengals game isn't a music concert. Who goes to a Bengals game for the music?   Plus those younger fans could use some rock music culture.   Now get the hell off my lawn.   Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Dad rock is terrible, so by all means.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 07:16 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Katy Perry - ROAR. Ninja

I hate you
Reply/Quote
If they are going to get rid of anything, get rid of "Bang the Drum All Day" and "Bengals Growl'". Both of those songs sound so hokey.
Reply/Quote
NO!
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 02:02 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Here's some GLASS TIGER more recently, rocking the perfect backdrop for a show at the Jungle:

[video=youtube]http://[/video]
I can't help but picture Beavis and Butthead ripping them to pieces when I watch them lol. 

But yes, dude still has some pipes. 
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 02:06 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: I can't help but picture Beavis and Butthead ripping them to pieces when I watch them lol. 

But yes, dude still has some pipes. 

Huh huh huh huh

FIRE! FIRE!!! lol
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 07:38 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Always thought Dog Eat Dog was Ted's best song, 

For some reason the obscure "Terminus ElDorado" was my favorite Nugent tune back when I was a fan.  

My music tastes have changed (not necessarily "improved") over time and I had stopped listening to much Nugent long before his politics became an issue.
Reply/Quote
You guys are soo selfish!!!

What we need is a song that FANS AND PLAYERS will excite. You guys are only thinking about yourselves.

[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 01:30 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Dad rock is terrible, so by all means.

There's a reason "Dad Rock" is still big on the radio. Nobody's going to be listening to the crap they put out nowadays in 60 years. Classic rock is huge because modern rock sucks.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 08:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: There's a reason "Dad Rock" is still big on the radio. Nobody's going to be listening to the crap they put out nowadays in 60 years. Classic rock is huge because modern rock sucks.

Classic rock is only big on the radio to people who are old enough to have heard it when it was new rock.

Yes, modern music (including modern rock) will endure just the way music from every era endures.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 09:37 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Classic rock is only big on the radio to people who are old enough to have heard it when it was new rock.

Yes, modern music (including modern rock) will endure just the way music from every era endures.

BS. Classic rock was before I was born and is still my favorite. Born in '82 but the best music was in the 70's.

LZ, Pink Floyd, CCR, Seger, Billy Joel, ELO, Beatles, Kinks, BTO, Grand Funk Railroad, Crosby Still and Nash, Eagles etc.

Could go on and on probably left out about 50 more great bands.

There might be 10 great bands in the last 20 years and most of them are not popular...

IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 01:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: BS. Classic rock was before I was born and is still my favorite. Born in '82 but the best music was in the 70's.

LZ, Pink Floyd, CCR, Seger, Billy Joel, ELO, Beatles, Kinks, BTO, Grand Funk Railroad, Crosby Still and Nash, Eagles etc.

Could go on and on probably left out about 50 more great bands.

There might be 10 great bands in the last 20 years and most of them are not popular...

IMO.

I hate to break this to you, but being born in 1982 makes you the target audience for dad rock. That's exactly the age range of the typical Guns N' Roses listener. Reach back one more decade as you have done and you're nearing Grandad Rock.

If you like those things, that's fine. But when people say anything in the vicinity of "old music good, new music bad", they might as well be dragging themselves to the graveyard. My first favorite bands were Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd when I was a teenager (born 1987) and had no consistent exposure to the breadth of the music world beyond what, you guessed it, my dad played in the car. While I still respect the influence bands like those had, I would be more than happy to live my entire life from this point forward without ever hearing the same tired classic rock radio shit that has been played on loops for 30-50 years. "Bohemian Rhapsody" and "Hotel California" make me want to break the nearest speaker.

I think The National, a very popular modern rock band, blows either LZ or PF out of the water. Not everyone will agree with that specific assertion, and that's okay. But good god people, the world still turns post-grunge.
Reply/Quote