Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Do we need a new song for the Bengals?
lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nah, Welcome to the Jungle fits perfectly and if you're going to change it, it doesn't make sense to change it to another old song like Poison or Van Halen. If you want to update it to appeal to the younger crowd find something that they don't consider their grandpa's music (speaking as a 47 year old). Changing it from an 80's band to another 80's band doesn't accomplish anything.

My vote is for WTTJ to always be "our" song. And I'm not a huge GnR fan, but that song plays well loud in a football stadium.
Reply/Quote
Who says a new song has to be modern in the first place? Is that carved in stone somewhere the rest of us have never seen nor heard about? The Eagles for a long time have used Benny Goodman's Sing Sing Sing which I love..  Actually for all I care it could be the Happy Birthday song to celebrate whoever's birthday it happens to be that day.. LOL

In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 12:17 PM)grampahol Wrote: Who says a new song has to be modern in the first place? Is that carved in stone somewhere the rest of us have never seen nor heard about? The Eagles for a long time have used Benny Goodman's Sing Sing Sing which I love..  Actually for all I care it could be the Happy Birthday song to celebrate whoever's birthday it happens to be that day.. LOL

Sing, sing, sing is my favorite instrumental song ever but think they should stick with Welcome to the Jungle per fitting theme. Would not hate them playing
Sing, Sing, Sing though.

But if you want to add more pump me up songs along with Welcome to the Jungle, would add 

Joker and the Thief ......Wolfmother
7 Nation Army ..............Jack White
We Will Rock You...........Queen

and should definitely bring back 

Hang on Sloopy .......The McCoys

dont know why they quit playing that song, it had the whole stadium dancing and doing the O-H-I-O
but they switched to Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond which is a great song but does not really fit imo. Perfect for the Carolina Panthers though

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
For all I care they can use some old McDonalds commercial song.. LOL  I've never been a stadium dweller in either case so I don't really have a dog in this debate, but I'll toss out my useless opinion anyway just because I can..  Smirk
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 03:40 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns 'n Roses has been the Bengals theme song for quite some time. I like the song, but is it time to get a new one? I was thinking something from Poison like "Look What The Cat Dragged In". lol

Is it possible to have more than one song and if so why don't you come up with a list
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
There is literally not a better fitted song. The day that will no longer be the song is the day the team is relocated.
Reply/Quote
Don't you blaspheme in here, don't you blaspheme!!!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 09:24 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Haha, I thought Welcome to the Jungle played at games was outdated at the turn of the millennium. But most 80s songs were outdated and cringey by then, so yeaaah.

Anyways probably not easy to find one that is modern and fits either.

GnR was much better than other bands of that era, and a helluva lot edgier. 

I was 12 when it came out. The first time I heard it was in the movie "The Dead Pool", the 2nd time was at Riverfront....which they had just started calling The Jungle I think. It was my first NFL game too. Perfect fit for this team. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Katy Perry - Roar

Just kidding. That song is ass cheeks.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Is it time to replace "The Star Spangled Banner" as our national anthem?

It sounds kind of dated.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 03:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Is it time to replace "The Star Spangled Banner" as our national anthem?

It sounds kind of dated.

They've tried to do that: 

Fergie sings the national anthem at the NBA All-Star Game | ESPN - YouTube

As you can see, it did not end well. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I am older so I say leave Welcome to the Jungle

However, "Jungle" by X Ambassadors if pretty bad ass with intimidating music and lyrics.

"Won't you follow me into the Jungle"
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
Cracks me up to hear all the talk about 80' music. There was no good music in the 80's, the 70's and 60's is when the good music was.

I'd never change Welcome to the Jungle, but if I did it would be to something along the lines of Kashmir by Led Zep, Ironman by Black Sabbath or AC/DC's Highway to Hell. But probably the best fit would be Cat Scratch Fever.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 03:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote:  But probably the best fit would be Cat Scratch Fever.

Right.

Our theme song should be about venereal disease.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 03:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Cracks me up to hear all the talk about 80' music. There was no good music in the 80's, the 70's and 60's is when the good music was.

Cracks me up to hear people talking about good shades of the color green. There are no good shades of green.  My favorite shades of red and yellow are the only good colors.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 03:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Cracks me up to hear all the talk about 80' music. There was no good music in the 80's, the 70's and 60's is when the good music was.

I'd never change Welcome to the Jungle, but if I did it would be to something along the lines of Kashmir by Led Zep, Ironman by Black Sabbath or AC/DC's Highway to Hell. But probably the best fit would be Cat Scratch Fever.

That's the funny thing about music - prevailing opinions change with time. My dad is 70 and swears the best music that was ever written was written in the 70's. I try to listen to it and it is all absolute ass cheeks. Young people now will say "Man, the best music was in the 2010's" and our kids will say "Mom, Dad, this shit SUCKS!" 
Reply/Quote

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Be careful what you wish for.. "Katy Perry song - (ROAR) eye of the tiger" was our song for 1 game before the backlash
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Speaking as someone in their 30's, I think Eye of the Tiger is timeless. I think the lyrics are fitting for this team also.
Reply/Quote