Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Do we need a new song for the Bengals?
"Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns 'n Roses has been the Bengals theme song for quite some time. I like the song, but is it time to get a new one? I was thinking something from Poison like "Look What The Cat Dragged In". lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 03:40 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns 'n Roses has been the Bengals theme song for quite some time. I like the song, but is it time to get a new one? I was thinking something from Poison like "Look What The Cat Dragged In". lol

You want a new song and you choose Poison? I think it's more important to get a new TD song. 
Nobody wants to read your stupid blogs or click on your referral links.
Reply/Quote
No. To both
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 03:40 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns 'n Roses has been the Bengals theme song for quite some time. I like the song, but is it time to get a new one? I was thinking something from Poison like "Look What The Cat Dragged In". lol

I hate that song. I hate most hair band songs that have been wildly overplayed in movies, tv, and commercials for most of my lift. They're boring and old, not fun and exciting. To me anyways.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My first choice BTW was Van Halen. But, I couldn't find a song that fits.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/ULL7apmAJTE

I like the Chickster's intro on his sports talk. Go all the way by The Raspberries.
Reply/Quote
Katy Perry - ROAR. Ninja

Reply/Quote
Just pick anything from the Rocky III soundtrack.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
No to both. What part of "Welcome to the Jungle" do you not get?
Reply/Quote

If we're going with a new song should we stick to '80s rock bands or perhaps branch out?  Wink

Edit: Nah, Welcome tot the Jungle is great.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 08:55 AM)Sled21 Wrote: No to both. What part of "Welcome to the Jungle" do you not get?

That song get's my blood pumping on game days. Always has and always will. I have noticed however that although it's not an introduction song to other teams like it is ours, several stadiums have it on their play list during games. I can't tell you which teams, but have noticed in the past watching other games.

Reply/Quote
Haha, I thought Welcome to the Jungle played at games was outdated at the turn of the millennium. But most 80s songs were outdated and cringey by then, so yeaaah.

Anyways probably not easy to find one that is modern and fits either.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
My local bar plays "Welcome to the Jungle" right before kickoff of every game. Very loudly. Talk about getting the bar ready.

No, you don't change what isn't broke!

And the best part is to look around the bar at patrons from other teams (especially Piitt, Cleveland and Baltimore) while it's playing. If they hate it it must be RIGHT! And they do (hate it).
Reply/Quote
No.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 09:24 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Haha, I thought Welcome to the Jungle played at games was outdated at the turn of the millennium. But most 80s songs were outdated and cringey by then, so yeaaah.

Anyways probably not easy to find one that is modern and fits either.

Cry
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 09:38 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Cry

I knew that would get the older fans riled up  LOL 

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 09:36 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: My local bar plays "Welcome to the Jungle" right before kickoff of every game.  Very loudly.  Talk about getting the bar ready.

No, you don't change what isn't broke!

And the best part is to look around the bar at patrons from other teams (especially Piitt, Cleveland and Baltimore) while it's playing.  If they  hate it it must be RIGHT!  And they do (hate it).

Rock On
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 09:42 AM)Millhouse Wrote: I knew that would get the older fans riled up  LOL 

Well, quite the opposite of riled up. More like trending toward old guy depression.  Hilarious

I will note, I was only a grade schooler listening to '80s rock brands in the late '80s so I'm not that old.

To the OP's point, I think it's a great song to start the game with. If anything, the organization should keep embracing the jungle theme throughout the stadium and fan in-game experience.
Reply/Quote
Eye of the Tiger - Survivor.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 09:45 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Well, quite the opposite of riled up. More like trending toward old guy depression.  Hilarious

I will note, I was only a grade schooler listening to '80s rock brands in the late '80s so I'm not that old.

To the OP's point, I think it's a great song to start the game with. If anything, the organization should keep embracing the jungle theme throughout the stadium and fan in-game experience.

Its all good, just havin bit of fun. Now I do like the suggestion just above 'Eye of the Tiger' from Rocky 3. Now that is one exception from back then I can get behind. 

Reply/Quote