Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do we pass up drafting a QB in this years draft?
(12-30-2017, 08:05 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Not at all. I'm saying getting an elite quarterback is VERY hard to do. It's not always "Let's draft a 1st round QB" and all your problems are solved.

1st round easily.

How not?
And not at all. They all ran different offenses and all way different prospects.

Actually, even Baker Mayfield plays one of those gimmicky college offenses. The scheme they run allows more open receiver throws. It's actually a very similar offense to that of Johnny Manziel's in college.

But Mayfield is a different prospect than Manziel. Just like Jackson is different from Tebow and Geno.

Jackson has flaws. Not going to deny that.

Who doesn't?
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 09:54 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: He'll be worse than Teddy and Terrell. He's all hype and I just don't see what makes people so excited about him at the next level... Of course, I thought Teddy Bridgewater would be decent so wtf do I know?  Smirk

Do you ever watch him play? His ability to escape what appear to be sacs is better than anyone I've ever seen play. He can run and pass. Now, whether he holds up in the NFL has yet to be seen, he could turn into another RGIII, but the kid is a top tier talent. And Teddy WAS decent before his knee gave out....
Reply/Quote
Lamar Jackson had a bad game no doubt. But this kid is a player. Pretty much carried that team for 2 years. He's better n faster than RG3 n has a better arm. I'd take the chance on him.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 12:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Do you ever watch him play? His ability to escape what appear to be sacs is better than anyone I've ever seen play. He can run and pass. Now, whether he holds up in the NFL has yet to be seen, he could turn into another RGIII, but the kid is a top tier talent. And Teddy WAS decent before his knee gave out....

Yes, I've seen him play. A lot. And I wouldn't touch him with a 20 foot pole. We've seen guys with his size and skillset thrive countless times in college, and they fail in the NFL 90% of the time. His bowl game struggles are a preview of how he'll look at the NFL level. 

Just my opinion, but I want no part of him 
Reply/Quote
Lamar Jackson's biggest issue this year is that his poorer performances came against the better teams. I've seen him ranked as low as 7th among this year's qbs. Something tells me, after the combine, this will change though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Lamar Jackson.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 01:44 AM)Synric Wrote: Possible but I don't think cousins is gonna be the highest paid QB in football either. 

I just think it's funny when people say Andy isn't good wont win championships etc. Then turn around and say he's worth a top 5 pick and more...I'm supposed to be a Homer or Dalton defender or whatever and I still don't think he's worth that much.

It's relative. The Browns have been how bad at QB? For how long? Dalton would be easily the best QB they've had since...Otto Graham?

They have a pair of 1st rounders. I'm not saying they'd do it, but I could see where it'd be tempting to stabilize that position with a proven winner who played at an MVP level for their current coach. Or they could just add another bust to that QB jersey.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Offensive Line has to be priority one. Until it is fixed drafting skill positions is pointless.
Reply/Quote
Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield..we need to use a pick on one in the 1st or 2nd
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 08:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As to the Lamar Jackson talk:

Remember when Teddy Bridgewater was going to be the first pick in the NFL and it wasn't even going to be close?

Dude just faced middle of the road SEC talent and threw 4 INTs and completed 13 of 31 passes

He's small

I don't think he'll go as high as folks think. He's Terrell Pryor without the size.

No, he's not lol.
What does Pryor do that Jackson does? Besides having the ability to run. What else?

And Josh Allen faced lower competition and has been very underwhelming all year.
Sam Darnold is a turnover machine and proves it in the national lights.

Also, Jackson had 3 touchdowns in that game as well. He had 158 rushing yards.

And Jackson did VERY well against Clemson earlier in the year. 

But yes. He did have a bad game against Miss. State. Where 14.8% of his collegiate career interceptions happened.

2 interceptions he had were his fault. One he floated over a receiver, and another he threw behind the receiver.

On his 3rd interception came off of a receiver's hands. 4th interception, his receiver ran a slant route and then stopped running the route and the cornerback was there. If the receiver keeps running, his body boxes out the defender. And a receiver also dropped a TD pass. Louisville receivers have done that a tremendous amount throughout his career.

You can't just go by stats when it comes to scouting players. There's a lot more to the story of "he threw 4 interceptions".

But f you wanna go by stats: He's only ever had 6 games with multiple interceptions out of the 38 he has played.
Sam Darnold has 5 games with multiple interceptions. Only 27 games played, though.
Josh Allen has 6 games with multiple interceptions. Only 25 games (not including the 2 games he played freshman year where he threw 6 passes).

Lamar Jackson has all the potential to be an amazing quarterback in the NFL.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Can probably go ahead and close this thread. Dalton isn't going anywhere if Marvin's back.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I think a lot of people are missing what really went on during the season. The worst thing you can do for a rookie QB is to throw them to the dogs with no offensive line. Heck, even when there is a decent offensive line, you still could get guys like Deshone Kizer. The only QB who seemed to be able to handle not having an oline pretty well is Russel Wilson.

I am not saying Andy is the answer and it is tough to pass on guys like an Allen or Jackson who look to have all the tools in franchise QBs. But you're going to struggle to get anything going with any of the playmaker positions when you have no blocking.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 11:00 AM)CincyWestside Wrote: I think a lot of people are missing what really went on during the season. The worst thing you can do for a rookie QB is to throw them to the dogs with no offensive line. Heck, even when there is a decent offensive line, you still could get guys like Deshone Kizer. The only QB who seemed to be able to handle not having an oline pretty well is Russel Wilson.

I am not saying Andy is the answer and it is tough to pass on guys like an Allen or Jackson who look to have all the tools in franchise QBs. But you're going to struggle to get anything going with any of the playmaker positions when you have no blocking.

The line was much better the last couple games. There is hope going forward. Start Boling at LT, play Redmond & Westerman, and draft a C.

Reply/Quote