Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Do we play the starters next week?
I rest starters , this team has avoided the injury bug better than any Bengals team I can remember thru 16 games. Let 17 be back ups, Spain was hurt badly today, Joe easily could have been.
Reply/Quote
There is merit to both trains of thought. Im leaning towards resting them as they need some help to get to 1st in the AFC
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’ve never been a fan of resting starters in the final game unless you have the #1 seed wrapped up. It never worked out under Marvin
Reply/Quote
Do you think Burrow wants to sit on the bench?
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Do you think Burrow wants to sit on the bench?

I doubt it 

My first reaction to this question is always play. I think sitting hurts the timing, chemistry so on. However if we'd get the bye we'd be sitting out a week ?

I dunno ?
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 06:42 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Chiefs play Bronco's and we play Cleveland. We can beat Cleveland. Bronco's have a great defense. What do we do? I think we go for it for the #1 seed.

What if titans win too.  Do we even gave the tie breaker over them.  Just hoping the Broncos beat the chiefs is enough to make me say hell no.

Let a frustrated myles Garrett kill Brandon Allen.  Burrow aint coming off the bench.  I'm good.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
I really see no reason to risk them, and it's the ultimate "you don't matter" to the Stains if we rest the starters.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 06:59 PM)treee Wrote: There is merit to both trains of thought. Im leaning towards resting them as they need some help to get to 1st in the AFC

Even if we went for it and got it is it worth if burrow gets dinged?

Imo you don't give a game wrecker like miles Garrett a shot at Joe vs. Our mediocre o line when you've clinched AND need help to up your seeding anyway.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
I don't want Burrow, Mixon, Wilson or Henderson anywhere near this game, we can't risk them getting hurt.
I would also leave Chase, Higgins and any 1st choice O-Line guy out
Reply/Quote
It really is a double edged sword. I don't want them to play because I don't want them to get hurt in a meaningless game. On the other side, we have the hottest QB and WR's in the league right now, and if they sit will they cool off?
Reply/Quote
And as someone mention: COVID !

Keep these guys out of the protocol at all costs. If Joe gets pizza delivered, I want the delivery boy in a hazmat suit. You don’t talk to our players, you don’t touch our players.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Marvin would rest the starters. Is this a new dey or not?
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:19 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: What if titans win too.  Do we even gave the tie breaker over them.  Just hoping the Broncos beat the chiefs is enough to make me say hell no.

Let a frustrated myles Garrett kill Brandon Allen.  Burrow aint coming off the bench.  I'm good.

A Titans win means they would have 12 wins and we cannot tie them.  3 things must happen for the Bengals to get the 1 seed, Bengals win, Titans lose, Chiefs lose.  This means none of the three teams can rest starters unless they just don't care about getting a bye week and home field advantage throughout the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
Hell yes ...we have chance at 2nd round mates 3rd round home game
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 06:50 PM)Interceptor Wrote: I guess it depends if the Browns are mathematically eliminated.

I thought their only chance was the division.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I hear if Chargers win Browns are eliminated
Reply/Quote
Nah.

Don't count on Denver and Houston pulling it out. Just rest up and play Indy or NE (Probably?) in two weeks. Neither of those are gimmies.
Reply/Quote
Simple math. 1 is better than 2. 2 is better than 3. 3 is better than 4. 

This team has rested it's starters in the last game, got blown out and went one and done. 

Play to win for the best possible seed and stay on that hot buttered roll.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
If Browns lose to the piggies Monday it won't matter what we do as far as the division goes. I'm not sure I'd let Allen play for JoeyB ..Let Browning start so we're assured of having our two best QBs just in case something happens to Joey. They obviously can't rest every starter, but they can come close. Cleveland is the kind of team willing to injure our guys out of spite just like a few other sore loser teams.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 06:57 PM)Joelist Wrote: Play the starters enough to keep them warmed up then rotate players out.

This.

Pull Burrow at the half. Pull him before if he’s getting killed.
Reply/Quote