Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Do we play the starters next week?
Listen, I have one thing to say about this thread and it’s extremely important and everybody should understand how important this is and carry it with them for the rest of time.

Are you listening?

Here I go.

**** the Browns.
Reply/Quote
It's a little more complicated for getting the #1 seed than keeps getting said here:

Quote:There are two ways the Bengals can climb to the No. 1 seed and earn home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. Both scenarios require a Bengals win (at Cleveland), a Titans loss (at Houston) and a Chiefs loss (at Denver). On top of that, the Bengals would need either a Bills win (vs New York Jets) or a Patriots loss (at Miami).

So, to get the #1 seed, we need four things to happen.  The #2 seed is a little more realistic, but also complicated:

Quote:A Bengals win, a Titans loss, a Chiefs loss, a Bills loss and a Patriots win would put Cincinnati at No. 2...

...or...

Quote:They (Bengals) would also land the No. 2 seed if they win, the Bills win or Patriots lose and one of the Chiefs or Titans lose while the other wins.

ESPN gives us only a 4% chance to get the #1 seed.  That's too many moving parts and pieces for this to occur balanced against the injury risk, IMHO.  

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/lists/bengals-afc-playoffs-clinching-seeds-scenarios-week-18/
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
The chances of the 1 seed don't outweigh the risk.

It's just so unlikely that both those squads lose since they have something to play for. Let them get their guys hurt. The Bengals have been healthy for the most part, why take a chance that Burrow gets hurt.

Id hate for them to lose the momentum they currently have but Joes too important. Put in Allen.
Reply/Quote
4%? Imagine the stars and planets aligned for that...
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 02:35 PM)Interceptor Wrote: 4%? Imagine the stars and planets aligned for that...

So you're saying there's a chance? Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 02:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So you're saying there's a chance? Hilarious

YES!!!!
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
You guys are overlooking the chances of getting a home game in the 2nd round.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 02:35 PM)Interceptor Wrote: 4%? Imagine the stars and planets aligned for that...

I mean, I don't think anyone gave us that high a chance to beat the Chiefs.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 02:45 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I mean, I don't think anyone gave us that high a chance to beat the Chiefs.

Well then, hey!!!  Wink
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
For what it's worth; Matt LeFleur is playing his starters against the Lions this week. Says he's not comfortable with them having 3 weeks off. We good with ours havin' 2 weeks off?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 02:31 PM)motoarch Wrote: The chances of the 1 seed don't outweigh the risk.

It's just so unlikely that both those squads lose since they have something to play for.  Let them get their guys hurt.  The Bengals have been healthy for the most part, why take a chance that Burrow gets hurt.

Id hate for them to lose the momentum they currently have but Joes too important.  Put in Allen.

Likely that the Chiefs win Saturday and put all this #1 seed bs to rest.

Then the #2 seed bs can begin in earnest  ThumbsUp
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 02:45 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: You guys are overlooking the chances of getting a home game in the 2nd round.

Yep. the #1 seed isn't the only important one. 1 and 2 both host playoffs in weeks 1 and 2 of the post season, regardless of the outcome of other games.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 02:47 PM)jason Wrote: For what it's worth; Matt LeFleur is playing his starters against the Lions this week. Says he's not comfortable with them having 3 weeks off. We good with ours havin' 2 weeks off?

They beat the Raiders pretty handedly after the BYE week.  Though Burrow's personal stats were mild to say the least.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
This is a great question. I don't know how I feel about it. I think I would rest our starters as the likelyhood of getting
the #1 seed is unlikely and Garrett and Clowney and the Stains DL is good and there is a possibility of Burrow getting
hurt. But on the other hand I don't think Burrow and our starters want to sit, I think they want revenge regardless.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be surprised to see Burrow go out there and target Boyd to get him over 1000 yds. He needs about 170 to hit it.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 03:21 PM)Big Boss Wrote: They beat the Raiders pretty handedly after the BYE week.  Though Burrow's personal stats were mild to say the least.

That was a three point game until five minutes in the 4th quarter. The Raiders just completely fell apart at that point. The whole offense struggled for the majority of that game. I feel better about Burrow and the offense right now, though. 
Reply/Quote
I guess I'm on the start Burrow train now, and pull him if the line is not holding up.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 01:57 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's a no win decision for the coaches.

It's a no-brainer.  Rest critical guys.  

Let Chase get his 11 to break Chad's record.  If there are some healthy guys who are on the edge of performance incentives, play them. 

A half for Burrow, at most. I'd sit him altogether.  We are 31st in pass block win rate (ESPN). Burrow is the most sacked QB in the league and has taken the 3rd most hits.  And that is with Reiff & Spain in there almost the whole time.  Both are out this week.  Against Garrett & Clowney? No thanks. 

Mayfield is officially out.  Smart move by the Browns.  We should do the same thing. We have not won a PO game in 30 years.  Boomer was the QB, FFS. That should be priority #1, #2, and #3.  
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 04:42 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: It's a no-brainer.  Rest critical guys.  

Let Chase get his 11 to break Chad's record.  If there are some healthy guys who are on the edge of performance incentives, play them. 

A half for Burrow, at most. I'd sit him altogether.  We are 31st in pass block win rate (ESPN). Burrow is the most sacked QB in the league and has taken the 3rd most hits.  And that is with Reiff & Spain in there almost the whole time.  Both are out this week.  Against Garrett & Clowney? No thanks. 

Mayfield is officially out.  Smart move by the Browns.  We should do the same thing. We have not won a PO game in 30 years.  Boomer was the QB, FFS. That should be priority #1, #2, and #3.  

And if he rests them, and they come out flat in the playoff game, he will be crucified for taking a hot hand and letting it cool off. Like I said, no win decision. 
Reply/Quote
With Hayseed being out, this may be another reason to sit guys, but I'm till all on the start 'em side of things.

I don't want to play Buffalo or NE in the first round; I'm gunning for the 2 seed or to stay at 3.

If it's a Stooler sitch where we score 31 points in the first half, it's backups the rest of the way, regardless of scoreboard watching.

Don't think Zac will bench anyone and will still gun for the win.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote