Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we still HATE pittsburgh with the passion we use to?
Stoolers? **** them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I have never hated the Pittsburgh Steelers but I am jealous of them.

Compared to the Cincinnati Bengals, there is no comparison. The Pittsburgh Steelers have won 6 Super Bowls, been to the Super Bowl I don't know how many times, won many ACF Championships, won the AFC North/Central countless times, they constantly challenge for that ultimate achievement. The Pittsburgh Steelers are what we fans wish the Cincinnati Bengals were.

What I don't understand is how we fans of the Bengals don't hate the Browns or Ravens now. But I guess if the Browns were better, there would be that hatred.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2015, 10:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If SSF and Woodley are the class of all Steelers fans, well...

Is Woodley even here?

SSF is alright in my book. Not gonna start defending him or others that I respect but they improve the experience here. Those that post in JN exclusively may disagree and I can appreciate that, but I'd argue that's a limited view and experience because this board has so much more to offer and without them it just wouldn't be the same. That's all I'm gonna say on the matter.   
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2015, 10:52 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Is Woodley even here?

SSF is alright in my book. Not gonna start defending him or others that I respect but they improve the experience here. Those that post in JN exclusively may disagree and I can appreciate that, but I'd argue that's a limited view and experience because this board has so much more to offer and without them it just wouldn't be the same. That's all I'm gonna say on the matter.   

Word.  These boards are a better place with the few Steelers fans that we have.

I'm glad we don't have Woodley though.....
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Fwiw, I've always hated the fanbase more than the team. Now that said, I think of it all together, the team and the fanbase, the media coverage, the history, etc.

So to answer your question, yeah I definitely do. The primary reason being I hate their entire culture.

I think their fanbase features more total bandwagoners than anyone.

I think they're one of the more obnoxious fans (not just because of winning).

I think the city and fanbase features a much higher than average amount of hillbillies. Dead serious. Lot of Cletuses in that group.

I hate their colors.

And I think their throwback uniforms are the ugliest uniform I've ever seen ever.

I hated Cowher. I hated that fut **** Jerome Bettis. I hated James Harrison. I hate rape. Santonio Holmes, Mike Wallace, Plaxico Burress. Douche, douche, douche. I think Terry Bradhsaw is legally ********. I also think he and Lynn Swann of two of the most overrated players of all time.

I could go and on. But yeah, that city and their team is one giant turd factory.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2015, 10:35 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I have never hated the Pittsburgh Steelers but I am jealous of them.

Compared to the Cincinnati Bengals, there is no comparison. The Pittsburgh Steelers have won 6 Super Bowls, been to the Super Bowl I don't know how many times, won many ACF Championships, won the AFC North/Central countless times, they constantly challenge for that ultimate achievement. The Pittsburgh Steelers are what we fans wish the Cincinnati Bengals were.

What I don't understand is how we fans of the Bengals don't hate the Browns or Ravens now. But I guess if the Browns were better, there would be that hatred.

I'm not jealous of them, I hate them with a passion.

The fact that they've won Super Bowls doesn't even factor into my mind at all for some reason.

We don't hate the Ravens or Browns because they're not so arrogant that they think that their team can never do any wrong and that, by being a fan of theirs, it somehow makes them better than every other football fan.  It's more than just being a fan because, to them, it somehow elevates their position in life to a spot higher than fans of any other team in any sport.

Yes, I still hate them, which is going to make it even sweeter when we dominate them this year now that we have Hill as our bell cow and all of our injured players back to 100%, including Geno, along with added pieces (MJ, Kroft, Hardison, Uzomah, Alford, Shaw, etc.).

[Image: 60459281.jpg]
Reply/Quote
no, I hate them more than ever. Want to feel the anger build inside you?

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2015, 11:14 PM)GodFather Wrote: no, I hate them more than ever. Want to feel the anger build inside you?

I literally wish I had a dog to kick right now.

I want to hurt someone.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2015, 07:13 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: What do you guys and gals think is it fading some?

Not here.  I want that team to lose every game for 10 years and I want to see all the 150lb weaklings (and 300 lb women) shave off the window decals and find a new team to somehow try to be associated with since they have never done anything themselves.

I want Big Jen's wife to go Lorena Bobbitt on him while he is passed out drunk after assaulting more chicks.

I want Omar Epps, I mean, Mike Tomlin to get crippled by a player while trying to distract that player by stepping on the field.

I want them to apologize to Centerville High School for ruining the colors black and gold and change their uniforms to pink and silver.

Lastly, I want the NFL to strip every NFL title they ever supposedly earned after an investigation revealed steroid abuse across all years of their existence.

Clear enough?
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2015, 11:14 PM)GodFather Wrote: no, I hate them more than ever. Want to feel the anger build inside you?

I would like to break his fat f(&*$& jaw and say "We Dey that!!"
Reply/Quote
I hate that franchise more and more with each passing year.

My hate for the Brown and Ravens has been replaced with pity for their fans.
Not Shittsburg tho, F*CK their fans!

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2015, 10:52 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Is Woodley even here?

I was half joking. I know you prefer "smack" and p&r and you've ripped JN in the past, so I'm not surprised by your response.

I've ventured into smack, p&r and klotsch enough to know what they offer. It's not my thing, but I understand and respect that others like those sections.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2015, 07:13 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: What do you guys and gals think is it fading some?

I ***** hate the Steelers.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2015, 11:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was half joking. I know you prefer "smack" and p&r and you've ripped JN in the past, so I'm not surprised by your response.

I've ventured into smack, p&r and klotsch enough to know what they offer. It's not my thing, but I understand and respect that others like those sections.

I'm pickin up what you're puttin down. 

I don't post a whole lot in JN, but I read it daily. I don't wanna come across as 'ripping' it. There's several members that post in here exclusively that I respect a great deal, including you. 

I am a Bengals fan through and through. Because of the members in JN, this board is the best place to be if you bleed orange and black. The other forums and those that post there are just an added pleasure. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
I hate the Steelers because they can kick punters in the face or cheapshot them and break their jaws etc. and people laugh it off and blather on about what a classy organization they are. Hell, Tomlin tried to trip someone during a game. Feh, I hate them. Hate 'em!
Reply/Quote
Maybe it's just because it's felt like a long offseason, but I do not feel any real hatred for the Steelers at the moment.

If they pull a dirty hit on somebody this year, I'm sure that will instantly change. But right now? They're just one of three other teams we need to play our best against to ensure a playoff trip (and hopefully much more).
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2015, 12:11 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I'm pickin up what you're puttin down. 

I don't post a whole lot in JN, but I read it daily. I don't wanna come across as 'ripping' it. There's several members that post in here exclusively that I respect a great deal, including you. 

I am a Bengals fan through and through. Because of the members in JN, this board is the best place to be if you bleed orange and black. The other forums and those that post there are just an added pleasure. 

Gotcha. I thought you'd been critical of JN in the past. Maybe I'm mistaken. If so, I apologize.

Fwiw, I don't hate the Steelers fans on this site. Do I like them? Probably a little more than I like a typical Steelers fan.  Mellow

What I said was kinda tongue in cheek though. I didn't expect anyone to take it seriously or get offended.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2015, 08:59 PM)J24 Wrote: F Pittsburgh!

That x 1,000,000
Reply/Quote
Try living in Pittsburgh, then come talk to me about how much you hate the fans.
Reply/Quote
Yes always have and always will, its part of your DNA if your a Bengals fan!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote