Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you live in a bubble?
(03-03-2017, 06:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think Jimmie Johnson is the racing guy, but the quiz probably doesn't take into account if you find that out via knowing NASCAR OR watching that episode of South Park that makes fun of people who know NASCAR.

Other Jimmy Johnsons that come to mind include:

1.  football coach/analyst/Head 'n' Shoulders enthusiast
2.  Muscle Shoals group guitarist
3.  another guitarist
4.  a bass player
5.  I think maybe the guy who would write and play a lot of the WWF themes was named Jimmy Johnson, but I'm not confident about that one

The former coach of the Cowboys is the one I thought of first. But given the NASCAR choice I thought maybe it was spelled wrong.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-03-2017, 06:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: The former coach of the Cowboys is the one I thought of first. But given the NASCAR choice I thought maybe it was spelled wrong.

It's ok man, I don't think that I could list any NBA team starting lineup, either.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
I think the quiz results show what we all already knew. I am the most "in touch with reality" person on the boards. Coming from humble roots and rising to great success. While travelling the globe and being immersed in various cultures. As Billy Joel once said: I can laugh with the sinners and cry with the saints.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-03-2017, 04:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: They aren't saying you fall in that group, they are giving the typical ranges for a couple of broad categories. When you look at those, you can see how you fair compared to those groups.

I know, it was just the description that fit me. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(03-03-2017, 09:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think the quiz results show what we all already knew. I am the most "in touch with reality" person on the boards. Coming from humble roots and rising to great success. While travelling the globe and being immersed in various cultures. As Billy Joel once said: I can laugh with the sinners and cry with the saints.

77, here.
Wink
I think the more important thing with the idea of bubbles is that we need to acknowledge them, and then work to step beyond them. I know that my life in a college town causes a certain bubble, but making an effort to adjust for that is important when looking at issues.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(03-03-2017, 07:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's ok man, I don't think that I could list any NBA team starting lineup, either.

Not since Bird and Magic retired....
Quote:you got 45 points.

The higher your score, the thinner your bubble. The lower, the more insulated you might be from mainstream American culture.

42–100: A first-generation middle-class person with working-class parents and average television and movie going habits. Typical: 66.

11–80: A first-generation upper-middle-class person with middle-class parents. Typical: 33.

I consider being insulated from American culture to be a good thing......Most of the stuff he listed was trash. trash food, trash TV, trash movies.....
(03-04-2017, 12:55 AM)Stewy Wrote: I consider being insulated from American culture to be a good thing......Most of the stuff he listed was trash. trash food, trash TV, trash movies.....

This. Just because that shit is there doesn't mean you should consume it. ***** terrible. Especially that 'food'. I'm not some uppity vegan type that eats all that well. I eat pretty damn fatty foods, but I cook that stuff for myself without all the terrible preservatives and for cheaper.
"Have you ever lived in a neighborhood where the majority of your neighbors did not have college degrees?"

Duh! Did that for 4 years in college!
--------------------------------------------------------

What does it do to my bubble if I have no idea how in the blue hell the scoring works and what those numbers mean?
(03-04-2017, 11:25 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: What does it do to my bubble if I have no idea how in the blue hell the scoring works and what those numbers mean?

[Image: bubble-boy-4.jpg]
(03-04-2017, 12:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: bubble-boy-4.jpg]
That's an awesome movie !

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(03-03-2017, 06:20 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: 72

Ever had a job which made you ache?

LMAO

73... I suspect it is an "Army thing".
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(03-04-2017, 02:02 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: 73... I suspect it is an "Army thing".

Plus construction and farming. 
Quote:Your present life may be completely encased in the bubble, but

the quiz entitled, "Do you live in a bubble?" can't tell if you live in a bubble.

[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
73. Having grown up in rural Ohio, served in the Navy, lived in 10 different towns in 7 states, currently working on an assembly line and going to the movie theater practically every weekend, probably got my score up there. The have you ever worn a uniform question I could have answered twice, as military and a zoo keeper.
(03-04-2017, 08:14 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Plus construction and farming. 

Yup, done both.
I done bridge construction/resurfacing, for a while.
As far as farming, I'm going to count bailing hay.
We had no block & tackle, we had to hand toss it into the second story.
OMG.... my shoulders.
Say What

I probably scored well, as I've partied with about every "grouping" of humans that's out there.
I've rolled dice in alley ways, slam-danced with lesbians, drank with Navajos, drank with 1%er biker gangs, partied with strippers, drank and danced in a club where I was one of three white people, drank with pro wrestlers after an event, and always had a knack for sticking around after concerts to party with the band.
There's tons more, but I too tired to think and list.
I've just enjoyed learning about other lifestyles and can adapt well to any situation.
I'd probably make a good spy..... a fat spy, but a slick fat spy, nonetheless.
Cool
(03-04-2017, 11:38 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Yup, done both.
I done bridge construction/resurfacing, for a while.
As far as farming, I'm going to count bailing hay.
We had no block & tackle, we had to hand toss it into the second story.
OMG.... my shoulders.
Say What

I probably scored well, as I've partied with about every "grouping" of humans that's out there.
I've rolled dice in alley ways, slam-danced with lesbians, drank with Navajos, drank with 1%er biker gangs, partied with strippers, drank and danced in a club where I was one of three white people, drank with pro wrestlers after an event, and always had a knack for sticking around after concerts to party with the band.
There's tons more, but I too tired to think and list.
I've just enjoyed learning about other lifestyles and can adapt well to any situation.
I'd probably make a good spy..... a fat spy, but a slick fat spy, nonetheless.
Cool

didn't even think about bailing hay. Did that several summers, along with harvesting /shucking corn for sale when i was younger.