Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Do you think Ross gets a 2nd life?
(01-31-2018, 11:47 AM)Synric Wrote: I think people are putting to much of the Ross situation on Marvin and not enough of Urban. Marvin is likely repeating what Urban was saying that Ross was not ready.

Do people really think Marvin held Ross out due to getting voted over in the draft room? That's insane...

To quote Bill Lazor: "I don't have any answer. Playing time typically goes to Marvin.."

And that was talking about the lack of snaps Joe Mixon was getting.

So, a coordinator just admitted that he doesn't decide who goes in, but Marvin does.

http://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/25/bill-lazor-says-decisions-playing-time-joe-mixon-marvin-lewis/

Oh, and Marvin's reasoning? So Mixon can sit, watch, and learn.

Yeah. That's a thing. So yes. I fully believe this is on Marvin.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 10:38 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: To quote Bill Lazor: "I don't have any answer. Playing time typically goes to Marvin.."

So, a coordinator just admitted that he doesn't decide who goes in, but Marvin does.

http://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/25/bill-lazor-says-decisions-playing-time-joe-mixon-marvin-lewis/

Yes, i remember this as well and it was quite eye opening. Makes me wonder if it was also on Marv on why it took
till like the last game of the year to start Westerman and Redmond. I sure hope he gives both Pollack and the new
WR coach more of a say. Forget who the new WR coach is?
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 07:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, i remember this as well and it was quite eye opening. Makes me wonder if it was also on Marv on why it took
till like the last game of the year to start Westerman and Redmond. I sure hope he gives both Pollack and the new
WR coach more of a say. Forget who the new WR coach is?

Bob Bicknell.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 10:38 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: To quote Bill Lazor: "I don't have any answer. Playing time typically goes to Marvin.."

Maybe Merv should just do more clapping and less interfering.....
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2018, 12:42 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Maybe Merv should just do more clapping and less interfering.....

If only...
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2018, 10:56 AM)McC Wrote: Bob Bicknell.

Thanks man. :andy:

(02-02-2018, 12:42 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Maybe Merv should just do more clapping and less interfering.....

(02-02-2018, 01:03 PM)McC Wrote: If only...

Fo sho
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 07:01 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Well I was 2 feet away saying john ,John. Before they start really pushing in the crowd like wild animals and they called him to leave. But I guess we both have different perceptions of him. I still think 5'9 at best. I think that's why he's had so many injuries and that's why they say he can't block. He's little for a receiver. That's why I don't have alot of faith he can just take the outside #2. He might end up just being a slot and gadget guy like Hawkins .

Edit , I think they lie about height all the time they say Mayfield is 6ft ,and that's just hard to believe. I like Mayfield but he looks short.actually him and Ross might be the same size about except Ross is skinny.

So, professional, Billionaire owners rely on the folks at the combine for accuracy, but you still think he is 5'9"?  Whatever.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 03:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Once again a poster claiming something that is the exact opposite of John Ross's strengths.

To say Ross is stupid is stupid man.

On John Ross:
“The experiences he had here he has to own them. That’s what he is,” Lazor said via Bengals.com. “He gets to decide what he’s going to be … He probably brings more proven measuarbles to the table, but it will be up to what he does.”

What is Lazor saying here? 

I think Marvin has a problem with rookies who don't know what the hell they're doing.  That's why Ross didn't play, in my opinion.  Why would Lazor say that?  Why would he blatantly lie just to keep Ross down and prop up Marvin?  Why say anything at all?  It doesn't make any sense. 

I'm not saying he's a stupid person, I'm saying it sounds like he's stupid with knowing his responsibilities whether it be the playbook, work ethic, etc.  I'm not a Marvin Lewis fan by any stretch, but why did Marvin let AJ Green play and have 116 targets his rookie season if he had such a problem with rookies?  AJ was drafted 4th compared to Ross's 10th,  but there's hardly a difference there.   Blaming Marvin Lewis for the rookies' lack of success is silly.

Ross has a lot of work to do if he's ever going to be somebody on the Bengals I think.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 10:04 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Because it's been reported numerous times that John Ross has been a "healthy scratch". And yes, I know Ross was put on IR because of an injury, but Ross was put as a healthy scratch for numerous weeks BEFORE Ross even brought up the injury. He tried to play through it. It took until December for him to be put on IR.

So what if he was healthy.  Aren't you one of the people who also criticize Marvin for not "holding players accountable"?  If Ross was not putting in the effort in practice or learning the playbook it does not matter if he was healthy, Marvin should not have just given him playing time he did not deserve.

Also many of the games where he was listed as "healthy" it was because he was HIDING his shoulder problem.

(01-31-2018, 10:04 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: He continuously threw John Ross under the bus immediately after games

No he did not.  What exactly is your definition of "continuously"?

(01-31-2018, 10:04 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote:  Never heard him say it about Hill, Pacman, or Burfict let the team down.

That is just because you were not listening.  Marvin was all over Hill for having season ending surgery when the doctors said he could have kept playing.

I have never known a single coach who would intentionally make his team worse in order to get back at a player becasue the coach is judged by his record.  What would Marvin gain by making himself look worse?  That makes no sense to me.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2018, 10:15 AM)McC Wrote: I guess since Fatass is gone, Marvin is the guy you're foolishly pimping now. 

I'm not "pimping" anyone.  I am just stating facts.  You can hate Marvin all you want, but it is a fact that he has played lots of rookies from opening day.  He plays rookies and other young players just as much as the average NFL coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 02:34 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Only problem is, our coaching staff hasn't passed "Football For Dummies", the cliffnotes version, multiple choice exam as the prerequisite to Football 101.  In other words, the coaching staff on the Bengals is so stupid that everyone in the world can see it, but they not only fail to see it but get angry and defensive because "we don't know what we are talking about".  Watching the playoffs, you see such creativity, aggressiveness, and perfect execution.  We are lucky to see that in one drive, let alone an entire game.  

I have actually started to become empathetic toward our players stuck with these dumbasses.  

First of all the Bengals coaches are working with the handicap of owner Mike Brown who refuses to address major problems in free agency.  Yet despite this only FIVE teams have won more games than the Bengals over the last 8 years.

The Bengals coaches are far from perfect, but despite having to work with a major handicap they have outperformed an overwhelming majority of the other teams in the league.
Reply/Quote
lol@ second life..he never had a first one..could not run route s correctly in practice..wasted 1st round dp...should have taken an offensive lineman
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2018, 08:09 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: On John Ross:
“The experiences he had here he has to own them. That’s what he is,” Lazor said via Bengals.com. “He gets to decide what he’s going to be … He probably brings more proven measuarbles to the table, but it will be up to what he does.”

What is Lazor saying here? 

I think Marvin has a problem with rookies who don't know what the hell they're doing.  That's why Ross didn't play, in my opinion.  Why would Lazor say that?  Why would he blatantly lie just to keep Ross down and prop up Marvin?  Why say anything at all?  It doesn't make any sense. 

I'm not saying he's a stupid person, I'm saying it sounds like he's stupid with knowing his responsibilities whether it be the playbook, work ethic, etc.  I'm not a Marvin Lewis fan by any stretch, but why did Marvin let AJ Green play and have 116 targets his rookie season if he had such a problem with rookies?  AJ was drafted 4th compared to Ross's 10th,  but there's hardly a difference there.   Blaming Marvin Lewis for the rookies' lack of success is silly.

Ross has a lot of work to do if he's ever going to be somebody on the Bengals I think.

Yeah, this is all perplexing to me as well. Hearing Ross speak and studying up on him before the draft i got no inkling
of any of this. He seemed like a very smart, classy young Receiver with amazing intangibles. Hopefully he studies up
big time this Offseason and becomes the player i thought he would be.

I do find it kind of silly comparing AJ's rookie season to Ross's though as AJ was here along with Lafell and Boyd.

When AJ got here we had nobody, hence why he had so many opportunities. He was the man from the get go.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 06:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: First of all the Bengals coaches are working with the handicap of owner Mike Brown who refuses to address major problems in free agency.  Yet despite this only FIVE teams have won more games than the Bengals over the last 8 years.

The Bengals coaches are far from perfect, but despite having to work with a major handicap they have outperformed an overwhelming majority of the other teams in the league.

Completely disagree.  The owner "handicapped" this coaching staff by putting together one of the best rosters in the NFL for some time.  I believe it was the coaching staff that horribly underachieved, especially after the likes of Zimmer, Hue, and Gruden moved on.  Those coaches parlayed the talent here in to head coaching gigs in the NFL.  Say what you will about Mike Brown and Free Agency, but the talent he helped to assemble (I keep telling you guys it is more Katie, Troy, and Marvin, but I digress) was good enough to help fill three head coaching positions (Denver, Minnesota, and Washington DC) outside of Cincinnati.  

It would seem the talent that most of those guys inherited was inferior to the talent here, but Zimmer has helped to forge a really good defense in Minnesota and they did win a playoff game this year.  

I think the team was that good, and the most recent coaches (Zampese, Guenther, and of course, Marv) were horribly deficient.  Marv was exposed when he lost the likes of Gruden, Hue, and Zimmer.  He has been a head coach over 15 years, and he STILL can't run a two minute offense.  I have very little to no hope of the near future because I can't see him EVER keeping the foot on the gas if they got up by 21 points against a team like pitt (a la Jacksonville) who ended up needed 42 points to win the game.  I just can't stand his conservative nature and style of play that allows for nickel-and-dime conversions with almost no contested catches while he seems to hang his hat on not giving up any big plays.  

Then there is the way he handles the roster.  Ugh.  Just done with Marv.  He should have been gone a long time ago and we could have had Zimmer, Gruden, or Hue.  
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 08:24 PM)cooper Wrote: lol@ second life..he never had a first one..could not run route s correctly in practice..wasted 1st round dp...should have taken an offensive lineman

There wasn't one worthy of the pick.  

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 10:48 AM)McC Wrote: There wasn't one worthy of the pick.  

There was a LB though.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 06:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: First of all the Bengals coaches are working with the handicap of owner Mike Brown who refuses to address major problems in free agency.  Yet despite this only FIVE teams have won more games than the Bengals over the last 8 years.

Except in playoffs and only in last several years. 

Which many coaches moved on from the earlier years that are carrying these 8 years of stats. Please note that Marvin has been here longer than 8 years and Zimmer may have been the x-factor in those years. 

If there is a reason Marvin held Ross out he should explain that he was not ready, or whatever. 

Remember last season, think it was PG that said he was going to sit players and play younger ones per lack of production by vets. 

Marvin came out next day and said he had misspoken and the vets would remain in. 

He needs to learn that today's NFL is won by mixing vets with solid young players still on rookie pay scale to make best team possible.

Especially when playing millions under the cap.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 10:09 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Completely disagree.  The owner "handicapped" this coaching staff by putting together one of the best rosters in the NFL for some time.  I believe it was the coaching staff that horribly underachieved, especially after the likes of Zimmer, Hue, and Gruden moved on.

You can't be serious. 

Mike Brown with Marvin Lewis as head coach...  .527 win%..... 5 losing seasons in 15 years
Mike Brown with all other head coaches...........  .303 win%..... 11 losing seasons in 12 years

The Bengals never had the best roster in the NFL.  When they had a good roster they played well and made the playoffs.  It is amazing that you noticed all the coaches leaving but were unaware that a lot of talented players left also.  Gee I wonder why that is? Rolleyes

Mike Zimmer was a Defensive coordinator for 8 years and never made the playoffs once until he coached under Marvin Lewis.

Hue Jackson has been either a head coach or an offensive coordinator for three teams other than the Bengals and has never had a single winning season in six years.

Jay Gruden took over a team that was only one year removed from making the playoffs and had 2 losing seasons in his first four.  Marvin Lewis took over a team that had not had a single winning season in a dozen years and did not have a single losing season in his first four.

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 11:19 AM)Go Cards Wrote: He needs to learn that today's NFL is won by mixing vets with solid young players still on rookie pay scale to make best team possible.

Marvin plays rookies and young players as much as the average NFL head coach. 
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 10:54 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: There was a LB though.....

A good DE, too. Who made a huge play in the Super Bowl.

Reply/Quote