Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Do you think Ross gets a 2nd life?
(01-30-2018, 01:13 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Well, if it comes down to credibility, I would say the guy who has not shown complete incompetence over the last two years wins.... which would be ross.

I'll agree that Marvin is a bum, but you'll have to educate me on what exactly Ross did in 2017 that qualified as "competent." 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think the whole situation is two sided. Marvin didn’t like him nor trust him and overly punished him and Ross did not put in the work to earn more time. I also believe Ross overplayed his injury. Maybe he was slightly intimidated by the talent at the NFL level, who knows? Either way, here’s to hoping the two sit down and get on the same page before next year.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2018, 01:13 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Well, if it comes down to credibility, I would say the guy who has not shown complete incompetence over the last two years wins.... which would be ross.

What's our average points scored in the second half this year?? Marvin sure does know his offense.. good thing he put together the greatest oline with the greatest oline coach ever. It's been so awesome watching them this past couple of years!

(01-30-2018, 01:22 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: So 15 years without a playoff win is not slow enough for you?

And by your logic shouldn't Marvin be held accountable too?

I am sorry, but how does any of this prove that Ross was putting in the work and deserved to play as a rookie.

I've seen Marvin start tons of rookies from opening day. 

what inside source do you have that says Ross was ready but Marvin wa sjust being petty?  Because to me it siounds like another BS message board myth made up by people who like making stuff up out of thin air to bash Marvin.

Bases on your logic, i.e. "Marvin is so stupid every decision he makes is wrong", Marvin was stupid to play A J Green as a rookie.  So your logic fails.
Reply/Quote
Maybe I jujst missed a big news story at some point.

What is everyone's source for the claim that Ross was ready to play but Marvin just doid not play himfor some personal reason?

And, please, don't make the claim that marvin doesn't play rookies. He has started lots of rookies.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2018, 10:03 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am sorry, but how does any of this prove that Ross was putting in the work and deserved to play as a rookie.

what inside source do you have that says Ross was ready but Marvin wa sjust being petty?  Because to me it siounds like another BS message board myth made up by people who like making stuff up out of thin air to bash Marvin.

Bases on your logic, i.e. "Marvin is so stupid every decision he makes is wrong", Marvin was stupid to play A J Green as a rookie.  So your logic fails.

Maybe not every decision.  Just most of them.

I guess since Fatass is gone, Marvin is the guy you're foolishly pimping now. 

Marvin fails all the tests, the eye test and the stats test.   The only myth about Marvin is that he deserves two more years of holding the franchise back.

His greatest accomplishment ended two years ago and was followed by two disastrous seasons in a row.  But go on with the blind allegiance to failure.   Keep being led around by the nose by the Ringmaster, the guy who wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

The M&M Show--Dumb and Dummerd, Sequel #16.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2018, 10:15 AM)McC Wrote:  But go on with the blind allegiance to failure.   Keep being led around by the nose by the Ringmaster, the guy who wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

What does this mean and what does it have to do with anything I just said?
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2018, 10:28 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What does this mean and what does it have to do with anything I just said?

You've lost your grasp of the obvious?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2018, 10:35 AM)McC Wrote: You've lost your grasp of the obvious?

No.

Just want a link to something proving my "blind allegiance to failure".

Sorry, but when people make stuff up out of thin air in order to insult me I will call them out on it.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 11:03 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Same here. 

Ross is an elite talent.  He was not just drafted because of his forty time.

And Malone was a steal.  He played for a college team with a very limited passing game.  He would have put up much bigger numbers with a better passing team.

Remember when so many people were calling Jackson a bust because he didn't do anything as a rookie?  It is way too early to write off Ross.

Didn't Jackson miss his whole rookie season because of injury? IE on the IR. I think a better example would be dennard, who took awhile to get on the field, even once healthy.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2018, 12:50 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: Didn't Jackson miss his whole rookie season because of injury? IE on the IR. I think a better example would be dennard, who took awhile to get on the field, even once healthy.

Dennard was playing behind some pretty good CBs at the time though. I also think, and I have no proof, they took Dennard to kept him away from Pittsburgh. Dennard is becoming one of my favorites and I hope he continues to get more playing time. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2018, 10:03 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am sorry, but how does any of this prove that Ross was putting in the work and deserved to play as a rookie.

He started aj green so my logic fails?? And what logic would that be? The Strawman you just made up out of thin air? Lol k

It comes down to marvins credibility. As in, he has none anymore.

Yes I believe there is more to the story than meets the eye here and I don't by a single thing Marvin says anymore. 

It's an addition by subtraction really.

And don't put words in my mouth either by making up quotes.
Reply/Quote
I think people are putting to much of the Ross situation on Marvin and not enough of Urban. Marvin is likely repeating what Urban was saying that Ross was not ready.

Do people really think Marvin held Ross out due to getting voted over in the draft room? That's insane...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 11:47 AM)Synric Wrote: I think people are putting to much of the Ross situation on Marvin and not enough of Urban. Marvin is likely repeating what Urban was saying that Ross was not ready.

Do people really think Marvin held Ross out due to getting voted over in the draft room? That's insane...

Wait, are you suggesting that sanity should somehow take precedence over insanity among Bengals fans?
Well this is a novel concept and one that could very well lead to nothing short of improvements.
You'll get voted off the island with these strange notions young man .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 02:34 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Only problem is, our coaching staff hasn't passed "Football For Dummies", the cliffnotes version, multiple choice exam as the prerequisite to Football 101.  In other words, the coaching staff on the Bengals is so stupid that everyone in the world can see it, but they not only fail to see it but get angry and defensive because "we don't know what we are talking about".  Watching the playoffs, you see such creativity, aggressiveness, and perfect execution.  We are lucky to see that in one drive, let alone an entire game.  

I have actually started to become empathetic toward our players stuck with these dumbasses.  

Hard to disagree with any of this.

(01-29-2018, 02:00 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Totally agree.  To me it sounds like Ross didn't put in the work and Marvin made him pay for it.  That's the way it works for most of us in the real world.  I'll take slow and smart over fast and stupid any day.

Once again a poster claiming something that is the exact opposite of John Ross's strengths.

To say Ross is stupid is stupid man.

What's our average points scored in the second half this year?? Marvin sure does know his offense.. good thing he put together the greatest oline with the greatest oline coach ever. It's been so awesome watching them this past couple of years!

(01-30-2018, 01:22 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: So 15 years without a playoff win is not slow enough for you?

And by your logic shouldn't Marvin be held accountable too?

Completely agree. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 11:47 AM)Synric Wrote: I think people are putting to much of the Ross situation on Marvin and not enough of Urban. Marvin is likely repeating what Urban was saying that Ross was not ready.

I guess you have a good point. None of this made any sense to me.

Happy we moved on from Urban if this is the case.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 10:58 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I'm sure he'll get another shot and I'm sure he'll get hurt again and he and Eifert can rehab together again next season.

This
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2018, 01:08 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Dennard was playing behind some pretty good CBs at the time though. I also think, and I have no proof, they took Dennard to kept him away from Pittsburgh. Dennard is becoming one of my favorites and I hope he continues to get more playing time. 

Dennard will be playing elsewhere unless the Bengals get rid of Pacman n drop some more salary.  And how much do you pay him, because WJ3 is an absolute stud n better start next year.   
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 04:52 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Dennard will be playing elsewhere unless the Bengals get rid of Pacman n drop some more salary.  And how much do you pay him, because WJ3 is an absolute stud n better start next year.   

Agree here.  The younger guys should be the focus.  

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 04:52 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Dennard will be playing elsewhere unless the Bengals get rid of Pacman n drop some more salary.  And how much do you pay him, because WJ3 is an absolute stud n better start next year.   

I agree with that. Jackson is a stud but still on his rookie deal. So drop Jones, give Dennard money and hopefully when Jackson is due a new deal we can drop Kirk.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2018, 10:06 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Maybe I jujst missed a big news story at some point.

What is everyone's source for the claim that Ross was ready to play but Marvin just doid not play himfor some personal reason?

And, please, don't make the claim that marvin doesn't play rookies.  He has started lots of rookies.

Because it's been reported numerous times that John Ross has been a "healthy scratch". And yes, I know Ross was put on IR because of an injury, but Ross was put as a healthy scratch for numerous weeks BEFORE Ross even brought up the injury. He tried to play through it. It took until December for him to be put on IR.

He continuously threw John Ross under the bus immediately after games

When Marvin Lewis sat Ross for the rest of the Texans game after a perfect hit on the football.

Or when he chewed him out about a route against Titans where Ross quit running because he didn't think the ball was coming to him, saying he let the team down.
But didn't seem to say anything about the defense letting them down in the final minutes of the game.

Have you EVER heard Marvin say that about any other player? Never heard him say it about a player during a critical play. Never heard him say it about Hill, Pacman, or Burfict let the team down.

Oh, and there's been multiple sources saying that Tobin and Mike Brown wanted Ross, and Marvin Lewis wanted Reuben Foster.

And yes, Foster is a very good talent. And we have a need at LB. But we also obviously had a need at WR.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote