Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Anyone Know The Story Between #55 and the Camera??
(11-06-2015, 11:49 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: He used the camera to stop his momentum. Then it started tipping over and he didn't bother to stop it.

As most players are pretty impartial to the surroundings of the game.

People are just trying to cause a fuss.

This....

(11-06-2015, 11:49 AM)jj22 Wrote: Burfict is def back with the constant "controversy's" after every game. I didn't think it was intentional when it happened live. Moment took both him and Reggie there. Maybe if Reggie wasn't next to him he would have had room to move out of the camera's way.

.....and this.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Looks like his momentum ran him in to the camera and he deflected it from hitting him in the chest. Only thing he didn't do was try to save it from falling. He plays linebacker in the NFL and thats what matters to him. Search and destroy. He probable didn't think twice about running into the camera because that isn't his job to worry about it.

My comment on the camera man is he shouldn't be making an issue about it. It is unprofessional to do so. He had his camera sitting on a house of cards that tells me something. I mean my kids used to do that sort of thing with blocks and empty boxes and knock them down.

VB is a great player with an edge and plays that way. He is going to help the Bengals win alot of games and people are going to knit pick him to death for it. Is he going to rub some people the wrong way sometimes probably but his wrecklessness is part of what makes a great player. Great NFL linebackers aren't always choir boys and if they were they would probably suck. And the fans and players from the other teams that will continually complain about him would love to have him on their team.

Your mission: Search and Destroy

Now everybody get outta the way before you get hurt.

Who Dey!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Pretty obvious what happened here....

Camera was in the way as momentum carried them off the field causing Nelson to have to avoid it and almost fall and Burfict basically ran into it and would have fallen if he hadn't of grabbed it. Burfict got pissed (which i understand to a degree) and shoved the thing over basically saying "Get this crap out of the way.". In no way, shape, or form did he intentionally hurt the guy behind the camera when he pushed it. People make it sound like Burfict did a Rodman (when Rodman kicked a sideline cameraman in the balls for no reason) on the camera guy out of nowhere.

Note: Totally feel bad for the camera guy in this, too. He got scratched up pretty good. Guy was just doing his job as he was told. They should not have big cameras like that in areas so close to where players could run into them.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 11:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It is all about Burficts reputation.

If this was any other player it would be a non-issue

I agree. And, how unprofessional of the cameraman to post that on reddit?? I left him a shitty response...Doubt he'll see it as I'm sure it'll be down voted.

This is bullshit and I PRAY Burfict makes a statement...They're def putting a HUGE target on a talented player any damn way they can.  :angry:
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 11:04 AM)BengalB Wrote: I was just over on reddit and there's a post from one of the camera guys about Burfict being a jerk, that he actually hurt the camera guy (by making his nose bloody and bc he hit his leg on a cart) when 55 tackled the camera.

If I can figure out how to post the link, I will. I do love #55 and I'm praying this is unintentional. I know last week the Bell injury was an accident and if anyone was at fault, it was Bell for planting his feet/hips like he did.

Kudos to the camera man though. He kept on filming and the camera sustained no damage!!

Hope this is just an accident. If not...Somebody (Whit?? Andy?? Geno??) needs to straighten his ass out...

reddit link

well the camera lost... ill take a broken camera and camera man over a hurt burfict anyday Its part of the camera mans job to be in harms way.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 12:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well the camera lost...  ill take a broken camera and camera man over a hurt burfict anyday    Its part of the camera mans job to be in harms way.

The Lens alone on that thing is worth $230,000  Yes, Just the lens
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 11:59 AM)BengalB Wrote: I agree. And, how unprofessional of the cameraman to post that on reddit?? I left him a shitty response...Doubt he'll see it as I'm sure it'll be down voted.

This is bullshit and I PRAY Burfict makes a statement...They're def putting a HUGE target on a talented player any damn way they can.  :angry:

From the reddit link you posted, the injured cameraman isn't the one who posted the info.  Why do you believe the other cameraman is unprofessional?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 12:08 PM)bengals73 Wrote: The Lens alone on that thing is worth $230,000  Yes, Just the lens

if they want to put that crap on the field its a hazard for the players.... Burfict is worth much more than that lens...

I feel nothing for the camera men or their equipment trying toget money shots for magazines.

They know the risk when they go out on the field.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 11:51 AM)Wyche Wrote: I get that, but if you look closely, he had his right hand on the other side of the camera, and it looks as though he's trying to keep it off his chest.  If he just aimed to push it over from the get go, I would think he would have had both hands on the left side of the camera and slammed it down.  As I said, Reggie almost ran into it too.....

Yeah, it looks like he grabbed it and then decided the heck with it and pushed it.

I understand running into the camera is going to happen, but he did not need to push it over.  It's not like he needed to push it over to keep from running into it.  He may not have intended to push it over, but it sure looks like he intentionally pushed it, which was unnecessary.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
Looked to me he didnt see it till his helmet hit, it started to fall and hes just like "whatever". Ppl wanna see him catch it but vontaze isnt that guy...
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 12:08 PM)bengals73 Wrote: The Lens alone on that thing is worth $230,000  Yes, Just the lens

They're insured. Plus, I bet the NFL owns the equipment. Lord knows they can afford to replace it. If they even pay for them.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
PLayers probably don't like having big dangerous obstacles in their way.

If cameramen want to be in these positions they have to be prepared to get hit by players.

It is MUCH worse in thr NBA where there are camera men just a couple of feet from the baseline. those guys he ran over all the time. But they understand it is part of the job. Professional athletes should not have to be concerned about trying to protect cameramen who are invading their playing fields.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 12:16 PM)PApinhead Wrote: Yeah, it looks like he grabbed it and then decided the heck with it and pushed it.

I understand running into the camera is going to happen, but he did not need to push it over.  It's not like he needed to push it over to keep from running into it.  He may not have intended to push it over, but it sure looks like he intentionally pushed it, which was unnecessary.

physics
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 12:09 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: From the reddit link you posted, the injured cameraman isn't the one who posted the info.  Why do you believe the other cameraman is unprofessional?

Ummm, I never said the injured camera man made the post...Not the point, anyway. 

And it IS TOTALLY unprofessional to start a thread on reddit called "V. Burfict is a jerk" and also post a deceiving gif. It puts a target on Burfict and it's just biased/negative BS. 

Once that thread was posted and gained steam, the "story" made its way to the media. 

I'd be fired, and I'm sure others here would be as well, if I posted something like this about an incident that happened on my job. He should know better and not bite the hand that feeds him. 
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 11:49 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: He used the camera to stop his momentum. Then it started tipping over and he didn't bother to stop it.

As most players are pretty impartial to the surroundings of the game.

People are just trying to cause a fuss.

^^^ Spot on.

He didnt intentionally RUN AT THE CAMERA, it was the end of a play that took him there.  

That camera guy can go get a new job if he wants to cry about it.
Reply/Quote
I think it was a crappy move on Burficts part. Yes he ran into the camera and tried to avoid it but it was a jerk move to push the camera over. I love his fire on the field be the boy needs to rein it in on the shady crap.
Reply/Quote
Why are we believing something posted on reddit? For all we know, this could be Vince Williams posing as a camera man making up crap to make Tez look bad?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 12:30 PM)BengirlVal Wrote: I think it was a crappy move on Burficts part. Yes he ran into the camera and tried to avoid it but it was a jerk move to push the camera over. I love his fire on the field be the boy needs to rein it in on the shady crap.

He was mad that the camera was there to potentially cause him an injury.  He has not duty to be nice to people that are in his way.

If Burfict had been tripped up by the camera man or somehow injured by running into the camera than everyone would be crucifying the cameraman right now.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 11:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It is all about Burficts reputation.

If this was any other player it would be a non-issue

Actually, it looked pretty bush league what Burfict did. He intentionally threw the camera out of the way for no reason at all. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 12:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: PLayers probably don't like having big dangerous obstacles in their way.

If cameramen want to be in these positions they have to be prepared to get hit by players.

It is MUCH worse in thr NBA where there are camera men just a couple of feet from the baseline.  those guys he ran over all the time.  But they understand it is part of the job.  Professional athletes should not have to be concerned about trying to protect cameramen who are invading their playing fields.

There is a difference between something happening accidental, and something happening malicious. Vontez basically took that camera and threw it. It was a weak move. 

Watch the replay. Its pretty obvious he just kind of pushes it over.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/11/5/9679236/vontaze-burfict-knocks-over-a-camera-because-cameras-are-stupid
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote