Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Anyone Know The Story Between #55 and the Camera??
(11-06-2015, 03:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: marvin or burfict?

Burfict obviously didnt mean to hurt the dude or he would not be back for MNF vs the texans

Burfict's getting relentlessly slammed...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Burfict is a problem. You guys expect non-problem behavior out of him? It was known in college, and before the draft, and even after the Bengals picked him up as a FA. With the amazing play, you also get an amazing amount of baggage.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 11:49 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: He used the camera to stop his momentum. Then it started tipping over and he didn't bother to stop it.

As most players are pretty impartial to the surroundings of the game.

People are just trying to cause a fuss.

These ****ers can't stand the fact that now WE have an enforcer on the field like their darling Stoolers have had for years, and WE are becoming the bullies of the AFCN....**** 'em.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 03:31 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Burfict is a problem.  You guys expect non-problem behavior out of him?  It was known in college, and before the draft, and even after the Bengals picked him up as a FA.  With the amazing play, you also get an amazing amount of baggage.

He got a lot of personal foul penalties, and showed up to the combine out of shape.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's never had an issue off of the field.  He's a Dick Butkus or Jack Lambert type, and he's EXACTLY what this defense has needed since David Fulcher.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 03:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: Burfict's getting relentlessly slammed...

its stupid... those camera are in the way... when your 250 lbs (i used to be) and running it is hard as hell to stop when you want to.
Reply/Quote
Actually, reading Cincinnati.com, it sounds like Burfict wants to call the camera operator, not that he's being forced.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 03:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: He got a lot of personal foul penalties, and showed up to the combine out of shape.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's never had an issue off of the field.  He's a Dick Butkus or Jack Lambert type, and he's EXACTLY what this defense has needed since David Fulcher.

As long as he's been here, I believe you're correct...no off time field issues.  And I agree that he brings a certain thing to the team that is irreplaceable. He's just a pain in the ass, and if he played for the Steelers, we'd all be calling him a pos every time we brought him up. I just don't want him to end up costing the team.  As long as he's helping them, I'm ok with the fiery personality....as long as he doesn't go too far.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 04:17 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: As long as he's been here, I believe you're correct...no off time field issues.  And I agree that he brings a certain thing to the team that is irreplaceable. He's just a pain in the ass, and if he played for the Steelers, we'd all be calling him a pos every time we brought him up. I just don't want him to end up costing the team.  As long as he's helping them, I'm ok with the fiery personality....as long as he doesn't go too far.

Hell yeah he'd be a POS if he played for them!!!  He's THAT type of guy....love him if he's on your squad, hate him on another.  

BTW, he never had any off field issues in college either.  The only thing I'm aware of was testing positive for reefer before the combine, sketchy grades, and a lackluster work ethic his junior year and going into the combine.  His reputation comes exclusively from what he's done between the sidelines.  I can totally live with that.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 03:59 PM)nevergonnachange Wrote: Actually, reading Cincinnati.com, it sounds like Burfict wants to call the camera operator, not that he's being forced.

Can you post that link?  I need it for the Smack Forum Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 01:40 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: It doesn't matter if he wasn't running full speed. He was running too quickly to bring his 250 lb body and bad knee to a complete stop in a few yards. I'd rather see him run into the camera than run into another teamate trying to juke a giant camera anyways.

If you don't believe me you can test and it yourself. Get up and walk into the nearest wall. I guarantee your palms will hit that wall before you let your face hit it.

If I have 5 yards and three strides like Burfict did, I'm not hitting the wall.  As I wrote earlier, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt about running into the camera.  But, his momentum had nothing to due with pushing the camera.  That part was 100% completely intentional. 

What I have learned from this thread is eye witness testimony is way over rated.
Reply/Quote
According to Marvin's press conference

Comments on the Vontaze situation with the collision with the Bengals’ camera operator?

“Vontaze was asked to reach out to Jim (Strickler, the camera operator). Jim has been spoken to this morning (by Bengals front office), and he was saying: ‘Oh, he (Burfict) doesn’t have to do that, I understand those things happen.’ But Vontaze is waiting for him to be finished with his shift. I guess he’s a hard working person and did an early shift today at his other job (at Channel 5) as well. Vontaze was asked to reach out and say he’s glad Jim wasn’t injured any more severely.”

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I'm amazed at some of the comments here against Burfict...

Seriously, I doubt he intentionally hit the camera man and he certainly didn't mean to bust the guys face up.

The media is spinning this to put a target on him and to find something shitty to report about this team. The camera guys know this is a hazardous job...Had it been anyone else it'd be a non issue.

So annoying!! And now they're back complaining about the Bell hit, etc. over on the stealers boards.

What a bunch of cry bags. Goodness, grow a pair...
Reply/Quote
It really looks like he helps the thing along at the end there, but meh, big deal. I find it pretty amusing that people are either trying to claim he either didn't do anything OR that he is a rotten human being and did something awful.
Reply/Quote
Probably intentional, definitely don't care.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 06:06 PM)BengalB Wrote: I'm amazed at some of the comments here against Burfict...

Seriously, I doubt he intentionally hit the camera man and he certainly didn't mean to bust the guys face up.

The media is spinning this to put a target on him and to find something shitty to report about this team. The camera guys know this is a hazardous job...Had it been anyone else it'd be a non issue.

So annoying!! And now they're back complaining about the Bell hit, etc. over on the stealers boards.

What a bunch of cry bags. Goodness, grow a pair...

The media?  So far you have mentioned reddit and the steelers board. 
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 05:41 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If I have 5 yards and three strides like Burfict did, I'm not hitting the wall.  As I wrote earlier, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt about running into the camera.  But, his momentum had nothing to due with pushing the camera.  That part was 100% completely intentional. 

What I have learned from this thread is eye witness testimony is way over rated.

Well Reggie Nelson bumped into the camera too. Unless you're quicker than our starting safety, you probably wouldn't have avoided the camera either. 

There are too many variables to say that he absolutely threw the camera down on purpose. Maybe it was a reflex or he was losing his balance. The cameran should have gotten Burfict's side of story before he called him out on reddit and used his 15 minutes of fame for a sympathy tour with the media.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 07:23 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The media?  So far you have mentioned reddit and the steelers board. 

[Image: Screenshot_2015_11_06_17_38_24.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 03:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they gotta find something negative... or else they dont understand how to write about the bengals.
The media didn't shove the camera down, injure a cameraman, and leave his teammate there to be crushed by the thing. 
Tez has an issue. When his adrenaline gets pumping, the part of his brain used for rational thinking and empathy shuts down. I don't see that ever changing either. It will wind up shortening what could be a prolific career. 
Reply/Quote

He brings on himself. Where there's smoke, there's fire. He routinely does stupid things, and this is just another example of that. I can't believe there's people on here that can say with a straight face that Tez is the victim here. Just absurd.
Reply/Quote

Sour grapes.  i love it.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote