Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Anyone Know The Story Between #55 and the Camera??
(11-06-2015, 10:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is getting crazy.  I see players run into cameramen all the time.  Nelson was right beside Burfict and he could not stop either.  It was obviously an accident.
He may have intentionally pushed down the camera after he ran into it, but that was meaningless and did not hurt anyone.

well said Fred
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 02:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So let me get this straight.  The guy that actually got hit had no problem with what happened, but if any of us say the same thing then we are "damn homers who will make excuses for anything"?

Looks like the old hater crowd is just desperate for something to ***** and cry about.  I do feel kind of sorry for them. though.  It is really hard on them for us to be 8-0.

Yep.....first time in over 5 years I've been lumped in the homers crowd.  I feel dirty Ninja

This ain't ****ing chess people......jeez.....our own fans crying worse than those Stooler asshats. LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 12:25 AM)Utts Wrote: That sums it up pretty damn well. 

Oh, please.  Spare us your lame ass righteous indignation.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 02:21 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: OMG!  The media is trying to crucify Burfict by reporting his own team told him to apologize. 

Can you believe the Bengals want Burfict to apologize for physics? 

Can you read? Most of  those articles were about Burfict "abusing" the cameraman for no reason. 

Quote:Maybe the Bengals should have gotten Burfict's side of the story before they told Burfict to apologize for something which was completely unavoidable. Oh, wait . . . they're not that gullible. 

Maybe they asked Burfict to apologize before he larned about this cameraman's career threatening paper cuts. Telling the cameraman to man up and just do his job wouldn't have been politically correct.
Reply/Quote
Surprised no one has posted a video link for all of us to review Wink
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 07:44 AM)Whacked Wrote: Surprised no one has posted a video link for all of us to review Wink

????
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 11:09 PM)Derrick Wrote: Easy Boy. It appeared that there were two Bengals heading full speed towards the camera. Burfict puts his hands out to mitigate the impact he senses is unavoidable. The cameraman tried to steady the camera but being top-heavy it tipped off its riser and toward the other camera. I was concerned there may have been someone UNDER the camera - apparently not.

I owe PAPinhead an apology. According to the Enquirer, Burfict did intentionally knock over the camera. I was wrong when I thought he couldn't avoid the collision.
Reply/Quote
What really happened between Vontaze and the cameraman:

Quote:The incident occurred when Burfict was covering on a play. Running alongside Burfict was teammate Reggie Nelson. After the play was over, both were trying to slow down to avoid injury. The camera that injured Jim Strickler was in the way. Nelson could have been subjected to serious harm, as he was forced to jump over the platform and use the padded wall to stop his forward progress. Burfict slowed himself and seemed to push the camera over. Footage of the action has been slowed down to make the effect more dramatic than it was.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2549188/bengals-vontaze-burfict-apologizes-for-incident-with-cameraman/
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 10:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is getting crazy.  I see players run into cameramen all the time.  Nelson was right beside Burfict and he could not stop either.  It was obviously an accident.
He may have intentionally pushed down the camera after he ran into it, but that was meaningless and did not hurt anyone.

Besides.. uh.. The Camera man? https://twitter.com/hjchami/status/662603601655767040/photo/1

Come on now.
Reply/Quote
I wish he would've kicked it after he pushed it down. ****that camera, and it's man.
Reply/Quote
Seems ridiculous to even have a camera located where that camera was. Move the damned things out of harms way and don't expect players to be responsible for them. I know it would be just horrible if the camera were off the field of play moved a few feet back sacrificing a few valuable seats, so blame whoever thought it was a good idea to put it there in the first place. Put them BEHIND the padded wall. The reason for the padded wall to begin with is to protect players from hitting a hard wall so if the camera and the camera man is the main concern let's just skip football all together and let's have Thursday Night Cameras on Football Fields.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
There was talk this week about personnel, camera crews, team members etc being too close to the sidelines in the wake of Reggie Bush getting hurt on a concrete track around the field in i believe St.Louis. Maybe Burfict just got pissed that he almost got injured running into the camera. Who knows with him, he is kinda a dick, I watched him spear Manziel in his side after he was down, with the crown of his helmet of course, thought we would get flagged for that.
Reply/Quote
Burfict is one of my favorite players because I love how hard he plays the game and the intensity that he plays with. However when this happened I thought to myself that he could have held up and he did not need to knock over the camera and he could have avoided the camera guy completely. I watched him when he had the camera in his hands then instead of trying to hold it to avoid dropping it he just let it go and for that I definitely think he is in the wrong. I was shocked though to see the facial injuries that the cameraman sustained because watching it live it did not even look like he was hit that hard. I honestly think the best thing for Vontaze to do would be to make an apology to the cameraman and I think the issue would go away. The team definitely does not need a distraction in their bid to finally get their first playoff win under Marvin Lewis. Also with all of that being said I hope he did not reinjure his knee in any way because I did notice that he was limping after a couple of plays during the game. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 09:14 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I wish he would've kicked it after he pushed it down. ****that camera, and it's man.

The 8-0 record is really brining out the sociopath Bengals fans.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 09:02 PM)Element Wrote: Besides.. uh.. The Camera man? https://twitter.com/hjchami/status/662603601655767040/photo/1

Come on now.

You missed my point.  Any injury was due to him running into the cameraman which was unavoidable.

If Burfict did anything wrong it was pushing down the camera afterwards, and that did not hurt anyone.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 09:18 PM)grampahol Wrote: Seems ridiculous to even have a camera located where that camera was. Move the damned things out of harms way  and don't expect players to be responsible for them.  I know it would be just horrible if the camera were off the field of play moved a few feet back sacrificing a few valuable seats, so blame whoever thought it was a good idea to put it there in the first place.  Put them BEHIND the padded wall. The reason for the padded wall to begin with is to protect players from hitting a hard wall so if the camera and the camera man is the main concern let's just skip football all together and let's have Thursday Night Cameras on Football Fields.

They are right on the baseline in the NBA, and that is just crazy.  Some players is going to get seriously injured tripping over one of those guys.
Reply/Quote
:sparta:

[Image: Sparta-kick.gif]

He's our Dennis Rodman. {shrug} "Oh That Tez!" will be a banner before the season ends.
Reply/Quote
I watched it several times, and it appears to me he runs into it inadvertently then knocks it over on purpose. I think he was just mad it was there to start with.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 08:56 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: What really happened between Vontaze and the cameraman:

http://www.inquisitr.com/2549188/bengals-vontaze-burfict-apologizes-for-incident-with-cameraman/

Do you think a reporter who wasn't at the game knows what really happened compared to the organization which told Burfict to apologize?  Do you think the organization would ask him to apologize if it was an unavoidable accident?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 12:48 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Do you think a reporter who wasn't at the game knows what really happened compared to the organization which told Burfict to apologize?  Do you think the organization would ask him to apologize if it was an unavoidable accident?

How about the cameraman who was actually hit by Burfict?

What do you think of his opinion of what happened?

He said there was no problem because he knows stuff like that happens all the time.
Reply/Quote