Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does The Media Falsely Portray Trump?
Is the media claiming that most Americans hate Trump for his comments like the ones about the NFL players taking knees just complete propaganda that's just click-bate and the opposite of being true?

You hear boos during the anthem when players kneel and NFL ratings are down because of it, but then Trump comes out and bashes it and now all of the sudden his ratings are in the shitter?

Seems too fishy to me.

And I know people will say "you mean the media is trying to stir the pot and and get clicks?! WOW," but this is ridiculous and I feel like they just do anything to paint him in a negative light in a way that you didn't see with Obama.

Don't get me wrong because I know he does some of it himself, but things like the anthem protests seem like everyone is being hypocrites and criticizing him for having the balls to say what everyone wants to say.
Most Americans disagree with Trump calling for them to be fired, according to CATO.

http://www.newsweek.com/poll-whos-backing-nfl-protesters-answer-may-surprise-you-671279
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Most Americans probably get annoyed at trump and his antics but it's clear most are also fed up with the SJW nonsense and put up with Trump in protest
For 8 years the media refused to show anyone disagreeing with Obama. Now the media is trying to convince you that every one doesn't agree with Trump.
Im not fooled.

Funny how no one had a bad thing to say about trump until he started calling the media out on its bs.  The guy start a draining the swamp and telling it like it is and suddenly he's a dishonest jerk.  Yeah right. 
Poor guy. He is out here being POTUS calling people SOBs and calling for their firing while trying to start ww3 with twitter.

So unfair people are saying they dont like that. What about Obama and stuff..?.

Valid ass defense of a mound of rotten shit. Good talk
(09-27-2017, 08:51 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Most Americans disagree with Trump calling for them to be fired, according to CATO.

http://www.newsweek.com/poll-whos-backing-nfl-protesters-answer-may-surprise-you-671279
And yet people were booing them kneeling and cheering when he said it?

There's been such an uproar about it, but they disagree with him speaking about it?

Like I said, the media chooses which side they want you hear and develop the narrative that best gets them ratings.
(09-27-2017, 09:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: For 8 years the media refused to show anyone disagreeing with Obama. Now the media is trying to convince you that every one doesn't agree with Trump.
Im not fooled.

Funny how no one had a bad thing to say about trump until he started calling the media out on its bs.  The guy start a draining the swamp and telling it like it is and suddenly he's a dishonest jerk.  Yeah right. 
Exactly what I'm saying.
(09-27-2017, 11:32 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Poor guy. He is out here being POTUS calling people SOBs and calling for their firing while trying to start ww3 with twitter.

So unfair people are saying they dont like that. What about Obama and stuff..?.

Valid ass defense of a mound of rotten shit. Good talk

He's calling people SOBs for trashing the country he swore to defend.

And he's not trying to start WWWIII but rather just giving America a backbone and not letting a maniac act a fool and push us around. Would you rather he "be diplomatic" and wait for North Korea to start nuking us and other countries?
Most people I know don't give a rip about any major league players owners or commentators. All the players are overpaid and couldn't do a typical 9 - 5 job making a typical average or below average salary.
(09-27-2017, 11:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He's calling people SOBs for trashing the country he swore to defend.

No. He's calling people SOBs for using their protected first amendment rights in an attempt to bring light to social injustice.

This whole "trashing the country" thing is a sensitive conservative false narrative.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(09-27-2017, 11:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: And yet people were booing them kneeling and cheering when he said it?

There's been such anI uproar about it, but they disagree with him speaking about it?

Like I said, the media chooses which side they want you hear and develop the narrative that best gets them ratings.
Exactly what I'm saying.

And he's not trying to start WWWIII but rather just giving America a backbone and not letting a maniac act a fool and push us around. Would you rather he "be diplomatic" and wait for North Korea to start nuking us and other countries?

If 36% of the country supports Trump and 56% think he is unfit to be president, then it's no surprise some people boo at a football game while the majority of the country understand the inappropriateness of Trump's behavior.  The media who report that are not "choosing sides" to get ratings.  And if ratings is what their after, why would they bother to choose sides?  They would pander to the majority.

Trump is calling people SOBs for exercising the free speech guaranteed in the Constitution he swore to defend. And he wants them fired.

I would rather be "diplomatic" than provoke a nuclear war.  Is the maniac fool pushing us around the one whose country is strangling in US-led sanctions?
(09-27-2017, 09:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: For 8 years the media refused to show anyone disagreeing with Obama. Now the media is trying to convince you that every one doesn't agree with Trump.
Im not fooled.

I remember people constantly complaining about Obama vacations, and apology tours, and mishandling Libya.  Then there was the IRS scandal and Benghazi and fast and furious.  How did the media report all that without showing anyone disagreeing with Obama?

When the media reports what Trump actually says and does, they don't have to "try" to convince me that people don't agree with Trump. The mystery is why anyone except Putin would.

Some people have had bad things to say about Trump for decades, beginning with the discriminations suits back in the 1970s.

People had some bad things to say about Trump when he revived birtherism, didn't they?  And then there was the Trump University scam and all the contractors suing him for non payment. The "bs" he calls out on the media is just the media reporting what he actually says.

He speaks to a "base" easily confused,and manipulated so long as he can keep them doubting the MSM. The Russians know this too, and that is why their fake news campaigns help him. Trump weakens and divides America.

Listen up Russia! You can't fool ALL of us!
(09-27-2017, 11:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: And yet people were booing them kneeling and cheering when he said it? 

There's been such an uproar about it, but they disagree with him speaking about it?

Exactly what I'm saying. 

Makes sense to me.  A crowd in Alabama wildly cheered Trump, so it's not hard to see the rest of the country feeling exactly the same way.  I fully support Patriots booing during the National Anthem as long as the players are kneeling.  I'll admit that booing and screaming during the Anthem rather than respectfully observing the flag/song and holding your hand over your heart isn't exactly the "right" thing to do, but I just happen to think that sometimes you have to be a little disrespectful to the flag in order to bring social injustices to light.

The "rules" say you shouldn't boo during the Anthem but I know veterans fought and died for our right to disrespect the flag in defense of the flag when people (you know, THUGS) disrespect the flag. This makes sense, but the media has already convinced you that I'm being a giant d-bag hypocrite. Typical, isn't it?

Basically, we are disrespecting the flag in order to make a point about respecting the flag while they are disrespecting the flag because they'll all sick of being arrested, or something stupid.  Who cares about their cause, it's dumb and doesn't matter to me.

(09-27-2017, 11:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: And he's not trying to start WWWIII but rather just giving America a backbone and not letting a maniac act a fool and push us around. Would you rather he "be diplomatic" and wait for North Korea to start nuking us and other countries?

I have to disagree with you (finally! lolz) here.  If Trump had a spine North Korea would already be glowing from nuclear fallout right now.  We didn't elect him to tolerate the existence of countries that would dare use nuclear weapons on civilians.  He needs to get on it or we will elect someone who has the balls to get r done.

(09-27-2017, 11:59 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: Most people I know don't give a rip about any major league players owners or commentators. All the players are overpaid and couldn't do a typical 9 - 5 job making a typical average or below average salary.

I couldn't agree more.  I know damn well I could catch a TD in the NFL faster than some idiot like Larry Fitzgerald could ever do my job.
Media? Fox news thinks he is the greatest president since Abe Lincoln. Just ask Steve Doucebag.
(09-28-2017, 03:23 AM)Dill Wrote: I remember people constantly complaining about Obama vacations, and apology tours, and mishandling Libya.  Then there was the IRS scandal and Benghazi and fast and furious.  How did the media report all that without showing anyone disagreeing with Obama?

When the media reports what Trump actually says and does, they don't have to "try" to convince me that people don't agree with Trump. The mystery is why anyone except Putin would.

Some people have had bad things to say about Trump for decades, beginning with the discriminations suits back in the 1970s.

People had some bad things to say about Trump when he revived birtherism, didn't they?  And then there was the Trump University scam and all the contractors suing him for non payment. The "bs" he calls out on the media is just the media reporting what he actually says.

He speaks to a "base" easily confused,and manipulated so long as he can keep them doubting the MSM. The Russians know this too, and that is why their fake news campaigns help him. Trump weakens and divides America.

Listen up Russia! You can't fool ALL of us!

Like I said, Trump was a beloved media icon before he started to threaten the corrupt powers that be.  Show me one bad thing the media or anyone said about Trump before he became president.  And before you bring it up, no, the fact that he's been sued for fraud and accused of sexual assault for decades doesn't count.  

Also, when the media says something bad about Obama they did it because it was true.  Also, Fox News did it.  The other news outlets would just replay clips of his acceptance speech endlessly.
(09-28-2017, 03:11 AM)Dill Wrote: Trump is calling people SOBs for exercising the free speech guaranteed in the Constitution he swore to defend. And he wants them fired.

Is that what we're calling alternative facts? Regardless, its bullshit.

Trump called them SOB's and for their "firing" because they in his mind disrespected the flag. Period.

Btw...Trump has free speech rights too does he not?

Attendees of an NFL game or a Trump rally in Alabama are not representative of the entire nation. 

You also have to understand that the issue presented in the question was "should they be fired", which is what Trump was saying should happen. Even some people who disagree with the protest completely disagree with them being fired. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(09-28-2017, 06:57 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Like I said, Trump was a beloved media icon before he started to threaten the corrupt powers that be.  Show me one bad thing the media or anyone said about Trump before he became president.  And before you bring it up, no, the fact that he's been sued for fraud and accused of sexual assault for decades doesn't count.  

Also, when the media says something bad about Obama they did it because it was true.  Also, Fox News did it.  The other news outlets would just replay clips of his acceptance speech endlessly.

Jim Morrison said that whoever controls the media controls the mind.
The democrat run mainsteam media made Obama out to be a diety, and circled the wagons against those critical of him.  If any critisisms were to have been addressed they were dealt with mildly with the "giving Obama the benefit of the doubt" approach.

He was the first black president after all.

[Image: media.jpg]

[Image: malcolm-x-quote.png]
(09-28-2017, 08:11 AM)Vlad Wrote: Jim Morrison said that whoever controls the media controls the mind.
The democrat run mainsteam media made Obama out to be a diety, and circled the wagons against those critical of him.  If any critisisms were to have been addressed they were dealt with mildly with the "giving Obama the benefit of the doubt" approach.

He was the first black president after all.

Agreed.  And any time a real watchdog outlet would be able to sneak the truth about Obama into the mainstream both Obama and his lackeys would rush to point out how clearly false that information was.  According to them the only news that was real was that which painted their great leader in a laughably positive light.  "Misinformative Disclosure!" they would cry. Yeah, how convenient.

He'd do rallies in liberal strongholds with clearly biased crowds which would cheer like the trained seals they were and people would say "Wow, look at all the support he's getting!"  I could go on, but the Clinton's would probably have me detained.
(09-28-2017, 08:05 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Attendees of an NFL game or a Trump rally in Alabama are not representative of the entire nation. 

You also have to understand that the issue presented in the question was "should they be fired", which is what Trump was saying should happen. Even some people who disagree with the protest completely disagree with them being fired. 

Being as bombastic as Trump is, its hard to gauge him on this one.

Had he said to fire them on Twitter, then yes, I believe that's exactly what he meant.

But saying "fire those SOB's" in front of a crowd of supporters in an attempt to rile and draw cheers over an issue he and they together are compassionate about? Perhaps, but not sure.

Either way, its not something he should have said.

He shoulda said that players kneeling should be "cut" not fired. LOL
(09-28-2017, 07:15 AM)Vlad Wrote: Is that what we're calling alternative facts? Regardless, its bullshit.

Trump called them SOB's and for their "firing" because they in his mind disrespected the flag. Period.

Btw...Trump has free speech rights too does he not?

If that is true then he understand the Constitution less than I feared.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Nately's bored.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall