Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does The Media Falsely Portray Trump?
(09-28-2017, 03:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol.   You pulled out a post from 2015.    You seriously need a life man, why am I in your head this much?  

And all I am saying is that trump sounds like a New Yorker and New Yorkers do not sound like anyone else in the country.

It's just awful when someone has to try to spin their own words when they show how hypocritical someone can be just to defend their politics.

Trump gets a pass because...Trump.

Sad.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-28-2017, 03:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol. You pulled out a post from 2015. You seriously need a life man, why am I in your head this much?

And all I am saying is that trump sounds like a New Yorker and New Yorkers do not sound like anyone else in the country.

So according to you everyone from New York sounds like a low class, uneducated moron with a limited vocabulary and no manners.

I went to college in New York so I am familiar with how New Yorkers sound. I never once heard one of my friends call someone a monkey let all of them calling everyone a monkey. Your statement has as much truth as all your other unsubstantiated claims.
(09-28-2017, 03:52 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So according to you everyone from New York sounds like a low class, uneducated moron with a limited vocabulary and no manners.

I went to college in New York so I am familiar with how New Yorkers sound. I never once heard one of my friends call someone a monkey let all of them calling everyone a monkey. Your statement has as much truth as all your other unsubstantiated claims.

Just because the people you associate with do not call people "monkey", doesn't mean that the people that Lucy associates with don't call people "monkey".  

This is just a bit of confirmation of something that I already felt that I knew about him.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-28-2017, 03:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I am not waiving it off. I don't think he should be calling anyone an sob. I just do not feel the need to virtue signal here on the board. It's not interesting enough to discuss in my opinion.

Virtue signaling is exactly what you were doing when you posted the dishonest Daily Wire article about Iceland and falsely claimed women had prenatal screening tests forced upon them as part of a government sponsored eugenics program.
The media does not portray Trump falsely. An argument can be made if they treat him fairly, which I'm of the opinion that they do not. Of course he brings much of this on himself for lashing out at the media.

He should ignore the media; they pettiness that he and they often engage in is beneath the office.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-28-2017, 05:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The media does not portray Trump falsely. An argument can be made if they treat him fairly, which I'm of the opinion that they do not. Of course he brings much of this on himself for lashing out at the media.

He should ignore the media; they pettiness that he and they often engage in is beneath the office.

Oh they most certainly do portray him falsely...hes a misogynist, a muslim hater, a mexican hater, a nazi, a nationalist...
(09-28-2017, 05:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The media does not portray Trump falsely. An argument can be made if they treat him fairly, which I'm of the opinion that they do not.
But, if they aren't treating him fairly, wouldn't that mean that they are indeed portraying him falsely?
[Image: giphy.gif]
(09-28-2017, 03:57 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Virtue signaling is exactly what you were doing when you posted the dishonest Daily Wire article about Iceland and falsely claimed women had prenatal screening tests forced upon them as part of a government sponsored eugenics program.

No it isn't.

the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.

Which is what you did here...

(09-28-2017, 12:46 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I usually avoid the threads about shootings because it's a sad situation for all the families and these topics usually turn into a pissing contest over something stupid. I feel sorry for all the loved ones hurt by the senseless killing. I wish I could somehow provide comfort to their pain, but I'm at a loss as to how. I would regret adding to their grief by writing something here they might read and take offense, however unlikely. So I usually keep my mouth shut.
(09-28-2017, 06:36 PM)PhilHos Wrote: But, if they aren't treating him fairly, wouldn't that mean that they are indeed portraying him falsely?

I was going to say that portraying him falsely is the means by which he treated unfairly.
But after further review they can be mutually exclusive.

The pass Hillary gets for all her corruption, while the fake charges of Trump colluding with the Russians still presses on.
Trump says he grabbed pussycats and the media loses their mind, Clinton accused of sexual harassment by 12 or so women, Hillary says they were all bimbos and no media member bats an eye.

Just a couple of many examples.
(09-28-2017, 06:38 PM)Vlad Wrote: No it isn't.

the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.

Which is what you did here...

No?

Explain.
(09-28-2017, 06:36 PM)PhilHos Wrote: But, if they aren't treating him fairly, wouldn't that mean that they are indeed portraying him falsely?

I suppose what you consider falsely. I don't feel they make things up. They do draw biased conclusions and folks pile on. 

The most recent example I can think of is the recent VA rally. Trump simply said "There was hate on both sides". He did say those words, so the reporting was wasn't false. But the notion that those words made him a White Supremacist was unfair.

He should let his staff fight these fights and he should just say it is beneath him to engage in such rhetoric. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Trump wasn't saying that players should have their rights stripped away, he was basically saying that the NFL has the right to discipline those that disrespect the flag and they choose not to...which is frustrating to many. It's a little odd that the NFL lets it go on when a big chunk of their customer base clearly isn't happy about it. At least the NBA has it right. For now.

To sum this up:

- Players (workers) have the right to free speech and peaceful protest
- The NFL (employers) have the right to discipline their employees, "fire" them or allow the protests
- Fans have the right to complain or stop watching if the NFL chooses to look the other way
- Trump has the right to say what he said

Isn't America grand? We have all these amazing rights thanks to the constitution, which is one of many amazing things the US Flag represents.

Btw, I like how so many players were upset about Trump's "fire that SOB" comment, but they won't take a stand (or kneel?) to protest Kaepernick actually being fired (blackballed).

As for the OP: I agree with bfine somewhat. I do think some of the criticism is fair (as with any Prez) and the way he engages the media makes him even more of a target (even though they hated him from jump). The media for the most part definitely leans left and their slants are biased. I do think some stuff is made up. All that impeachment stuff and the "Trump is BFF's with Putin" was bunk. I'm sure I could think of plenty more if I really wanted to think about it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.