Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does the psyche of a team live or die with the QB?
this is not thread about Andy Daltons talents.
its not about if hes good or a bad qb.
but what Iam asking is does a QB directly
affect the mindset and emotional state of a team?
today for example Baker Mayfield came out in total of the offense.
his enthusiasm seemed to affect Chubb and Njoku. especially on that crazy 6 yd TD catch.
even when Driskel came in...the offense looked quicker
uptempo (I know the score was 28 7 at that point)
I think at times Dalton is too even keeled
I see Mahomes in KC. his approach to the game
is contagious. his whole offense feeds off him.
maybe Im rambling.Im tired and watching the Browns come to PBS and essentially backing up Eandalls quote is depressing.
Reply/Quote
The psyche of a team lives and dies with the head coach.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 10:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The payche of a team lives and dies with the head coach.

So, we're ******  Sad
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
It really is the HC who sets the whole mental attitude of a team.
Reply/Quote
Would you be pumped up by this?

https://youtu.be/_358Pi3xWsQ

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 10:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Would you be pumped up by this?

I’ve been more excited under the influence of general anesthesia.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 10:52 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: So, we're ******  Sad

Yes; violently and without lube.
Reply/Quote
What do klingler, kitna, palmer and dalton all have in common?

They are all church choir boys.  Not a whole lot of fire or adult language coming out of them.  Watch tom Brady on the sidelines.  That guy is always fired up, whether hes pissed off at someone or just cheering his teammates on.

That's the kind of leadership this team needs.  We're so far away from that it's not even funny at every level.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 10:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The psyche of a team lives and dies with the head coach.

And the culture of a team resides with the owner/management.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 10:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The psyche of a team lives and dies with the head coach.

This. Just look at the Saints and the Rams as prime example.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 11:02 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: What do klingler, kitna, palmer and dalton all have in common?

They are all church choir boys.  Not a whole lot of fire or adult language coming out of them.

That’s a good point but I offer up the case of Tim Tebow. He’s the ultimate “church choirboy quarterback” but he sure motivated the Broncos toward better play in 2011, winning several games on guts and willpower alone. I think he’s the exception.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 10:53 PM)Joelist Wrote: It really is the HC who sets the whole mental attitude of a team.

so what is different about the Chiefs this year than last?
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 11:07 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s a good point but I offer up the case of Tim Tebow. He’s the ultimate “church choirboy quarterback” but he sure motivated the Broncos toward better play in 2011, winning several games on guts and willpower alone. I think he’s the exception.

One things for sure, you need people holding players accountable in practice so they practice hard and get better. If it's not the coaches, it could be a player like Brady.

I read about how Hernandez showed up at practice goofing around and Brady called him out and told him to leave.

We don't have people who would do that.
Reply/Quote
Boomer was the last QB we had who was a leader
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 11:08 PM)impactplaya Wrote: so what is different about the Chiefs this year than last?

[Image: Ooh-Thats-A-Bingo-Happy-Inglorious-Baste...tz-Gif.gif]

Reply/Quote
Kitna was a natural leader. Just didn't have the arm.
I'm going to say it could be either a great coach or a great QB that can put their stamp on a team. Not that I'm in a mood to say much positive about Marv, but his teams generally don't quit. Undisciplined, illprepared, yes, or sny number of other bad traits. Quitters? No.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
No, the whole Driskel red herring needs to go away. The up tempo offense is what changed things, you had a defense nursing a 4 TD lead and they were just playing base defense and milking the clock. During that Driskell threw what should have bee two pick 6's and another couple balls the WR's made some acrobatic catches to save. If anything what it showed is what KC has used often this year and that is tempo to keep defenses basic over a drive.

As I said in another drive, I am okay moving on but this mirage that Driskell is better or there was some magic because he was in isn't reality if you actually go play by play.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 10:01 AM)Au165 Wrote: No, the whole Driskel red herring needs to go away. The up tempo offense is what changed things, you had a defense nursing a 4 TD lead and they were just playing base defense and milking the clock. During that Driskell threw what should have bee two pick 6's and another couple balls the WR's made some acrobatic catches to save. If anything what it showed is what KC has used often this year and that is tempo to keep defenses basic over a drive.

As I said in another drive, I am okay moving on but this mirage that Driskell is better or there was some magic because he was in isn't reality if you actually go play by play.

Driskel didn't do a terrible job, but all that he really accomplished was making the statistics look better than what really happened in the game. 

I mean, if you told me the Bengals would outgain the Browns 372-342 I would have thought they won. Clearly they didn't. 

(Heck, if you told me the Bengals held a team to under 400 yards, I would have been excited)
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 10:01 AM)Au165 Wrote: No, the whole Driskel red herring needs to go away. The up tempo offense is what changed things, you had a defense nursing a 4 TD lead and they were just playing base defense and milking the clock. During that Driskell threw what should have bee two pick 6's and another couple balls the WR's made some acrobatic catches to save. If anything what it showed is what KC has used often this year and that is tempo to keep defenses basic over a drive.

Driskel being the answer for this team is a total pipe dream.
Reply/Quote

Agreed. They played a rather lackadaisical defense against him the majority of his time. They did start blitzing heavily again towards the end and he didn’t score. He threw multiple inaccurate passes and had to be bailed out. The answer to this teams QB situation is still in HS/college.
Reply/Quote