Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this even feel like a win?
We did what we had to get get it done on primetime, sure.

But we're seeing the same damn problems.

Somtetimes these mini byes does wonders for football teams (texans last year).

Let's hope the Bengals get ready for another grind in Dallas.

Who Dey.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 12:48 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: We did what we had to get get it done on primetime, sure.

But we're seeing the same damn problems.

Somtetimes these mini byes does wonders for football teams (texans last year).

Let's hope the Bengals get ready for another grind in Dallas.

Who Dey.

I thought we dominated the game. We just need another red zone target. Zampese is horrible in the redzone. Seems like all he does is run run pass unless he's on the 1 then it's pass pass pass. We really need Eifert back. Once he's back I think that our offense will be a lot better. I'm hoping that Zampese does better in the redzone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The same problems are there, and yes those problems will get exposed against better teams.

But yes this still feels like a win. Most of the team showed up in a prime time game, so that's always encouraging.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Yes. A win is a win.

Especially in Primetime.

Reply/Quote
I'm happy they won but I just got done telling my wife that I've never felt more disappointed after a win. One thing I know for sure though, the defense plays with much more of an edge with vontazeout there. For the most part, aside from basically one play, they were downright nasty tonight.

Reply/Quote
Yes it feels like a win. Doesn't feel like the problems are solved.
Reply/Quote
Feels like a win to me.

Defense was dominant, other than the ONE play at the beginning haha.

Offense kept sputtering :/, it seems like AJ has to do pretty much all of the work. Lafell plays a good number 2 though, and Uzomah is serviceable, but has drops here and there. The O-line definitely needs help, and Boling getting hurt hopefully isn't something long term. As you said though, with a nice 10 days off before the Cowboys, these things might be solved by then.
Reply/Quote
Looked like a win, felt like a win, and most importantly the standings shows a win. The Bengals have problems but IMO played their best game all year. A good step in the right direction..
Reply/Quote
We dominated won by 15 in the NFL against any team is a good win...
Reply/Quote
You people are hilarious.

Complete domination on D, moving the ball on offense consistently, this was a lovely victory.

But we need Eifert. Badly.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Zampese is horrible.

The few times we gave Hill the ball deep going straight ahead he'd either run for a few yards straight ahead or even make one cut without losing much speed and pick up 10 yards.

I'm still pissed that we pitched it to him on 2nd and 1.
Reply/Quote
If feels more like a win than the Jets game did.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 01:00 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Zampese is horrible.

The few times we gave Hill the ball deep going straight ahead he'd either run for a few yards straight ahead or even make one cut without losing much speed and pick up 10 yards.

I'm still pissed that we pitched it to him on 2nd and 1.

so you feel we should always run the ball straight ahead every time, I have no problem putting some outside run in there.. to be it is like a pitcher with a great fastball once in a while you throw offspeed pitch, so we run 8 times straight and 1 time on a pitch.. have no problem with it.. Coaches are not negative thinkers like fans also.. they don;t say oh  2nd and 1 lets run outside and lose yards. 
Reply/Quote
Never apologize for winning a game in the NFL
Reply/Quote
Well we ran poorly against one of the worst run D's, Play calling is a joke in the redzone. Im glad we won, we needed this bad but, im worried about the Dallas game. They have a better Oline thats going to put pressure on our DB's without getting pressure. Also its a rookie QB, we all know how that goes. Our WR's other than Green need to get open, the Oline has got to get better. If we fix the Oline I think everything else will fall in place. I hope Boling is ok, wish they would try the rookie at guard or Center, maybe move Whitt to guard, I dunno just spit balling here but something has to be done. As for now im going to try to enjoy this win and hope Pitt and Balt lose. Who-Dey
Reply/Quote
Wasn't happy that the offensive line struggled in run blocking.

Never got much of a push.

The Dolphins do have a tough defensive front, but we're going to face tough fronts.
Reply/Quote
We are still out of sync in many phases of the game. Special teams is looking better and it's good to have Taze back. He brings lots of leadership. We need Eifert back badly. He can help in the Red Zone. Uzomah is a third string TE, nothing more. Boyd will be learning all year and I'd be pleased if he got 600 yds. this season. I don't hate on LaFell as much as I did but he in no way is a solid #2. He will be our third or fourth option and might get 500-600 yards this season. He is no where close to Jones. We knew our receivers were a thin group. Puzzled as to why the o.ine is playing so badly. Dline showed up tonight but they should with the Dolphins mix and match oline. I truly believe that our five new coaches are not up to speed yet. Actually with having five new coaches and new players in key roles, you might say this is a mini- rebuild. I think we will get much better but it wii take time.
Reply/Quote
I hear you, but it will get there.

Before j get started, only one blown play away from a shutout.

The bengals returned 1 pass catcher from the last 3 years.... AJ green other than that he is playing with Lafell (who missed most of the preseason, Boyd - a rookie, and two backup tight ends .... Who one of missed the entire pre season) once eifert is back and has a couple games under his belt that will help tremendously. Tonight I do think the bengals squandered a huge opportunity. I love the win! But man I man this could have been a confidence booster for a young Tyler boyd. Instead of doing some stupid 1st and 2nd down runs from the ten you could have at least tried to get Boyd his first touchdown. I really think between the fumble and the ball hitting him in the numbers tonight he is lacking confidence a bit. Bengals are going to need to fix that and fast.

As far as the running game goes, ced is getting better. Again he missed almost all of preseason. As he gets better zeitgeist will be able to focus more on helping bodine vs having to help bodine and ced.

Lastly, Shawn Williams will come around I hope, he can't continuously give up a big td play every game can he?

In conclusion: the bengals won it feels like a win but not what it could have been. Turn a field goal or two into a touchdown, get Boyd his first Td then it's a complete win. And fellas this team is going to end up hitting on all cylinders it's just a matter of when not if. This is a young inexperienced team but uber talented. Dalton doesn't really make mistakes and once Boyd gets confidence and eifert gets back, watch out.

I'm happy the bengals are 2-2 so they don't feel like they need to press but they need to really try and get eifert ready to go. I'm happy with the run defense and going into Dallas without Dez, it's really not as intimidating.

Great team win, better and more to come. Who dey, great day to be a bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 01:12 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: so you feel we should always run the ball straight ahead every time, I have no problem putting some outside run in there.. to be it is like a pitcher with a great fastball once in a while you throw offspeed pitch, so we run 8 times straight and 1 time on a pitch.. have no problem with it.. Coaches are not negative thinkers like fans also.. they don;t say oh  2nd and 1 lets run outside and lose yards. 

Not straight ahead, but going forward more.  Starting Hill off running wide at an angle that's more going wide than forward just dooms Hill.

If you run at an angle, make Hill side step before he goes forward or is just at more of a forward angle.

It's not Hill's strength to go east and west and our line doesn't block well enough to give him time to turn it upfield.  
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 01:13 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Well we ran poorly against one of the worst run D's, Play calling is a joke in the redzone. Im glad we won, we needed this bad but, im worried about the Dallas game. They have a better Oline thats going to put pressure on our DB's without getting pressure. Also its a rookie QB, we all know how that goes. Our WR's other than Green need to get open, the Oline has got to get better. If we fix the Oline I think everything else will fall in place. I hope Boling is ok, wish they would try the rookie at guard or Center, maybe move Whitt to guard, I dunno just spit balling here but something has to be done. As for now im going to try to enjoy this win and hope Pitt and Balt lose. Who-Dey

3 games is not enough to measure really a team offense or defense.. with that logic than Steelers pass offense will finished 13th in the league this year since that is were they are now or we were going to be the worst run defense in the league after 2 games.. but the last 2 games we have given up just 120 yards or so total.

What I like about our offense is we had zero turnovers, few sacks,  few penalities, few negative plays.. controlled the clock.. you do that even with not running the ball great.. you are going to win many games
Reply/Quote