Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doing his homework
Joe is a 2nd year QB who doesn't wear the wristband to give him plays because....

Joe knows his playbook

Joe knows the tendency of the coaches on the opposing team

Joe audibles and throws for the 1st down that put the team into a game winning field goal position

and credit to Zac who gives Joe the freedom to audible...a lot of young QBs don't have that luxury

great soundbite

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
For some reason Joe was wearing the wristband last night:

[Image: muoverz4kgvayihebt0h.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I know ZT isn't winning anyone over, but that is a good last point. Not every coach would be comfortable with a QB who hasn't played a full season changing up plays, especially when the team is down.

Joe is doing outstanding. Hope his career is a long one.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 10:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: For some reason Joe was wearing the wristband last night:

There was a point in the game where I saw him ask for it and put it on on the sideline… not sure why though.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 10:57 AM)Benton Wrote: I know ZT isn't winning anyone over, but that is a good last point. Not every coach would be comfortable with a QB who hasn't played a full season changing up plays, especially when the team is down.

If he's not, it's because people refuse to admit they may be wrong
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 10:58 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: There was a point in the game where I saw him ask for it and put it on on the sideline… not sure why though.

All I can think of is that it was a Thursday Night game and he didn't have the whole week to memorize the installs. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 10:57 AM)Benton Wrote: I know ZT isn't winning anyone over, but that is a good last point. Not every coach would be comfortable with a QB who hasn't played a full season changing up plays, especially when the team is down.

That was, what....his 14th start?  He is amazing.  Absolutely amazing.  If you need more proof of where Burrow and Herbert are relative to their young QB peers, look at how the rookies are playing this season.  And I don't want to hear how they are on bad teams.  Joe's roster last year was a turd storm.  
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 11:00 AM)bfine32 Wrote: All I can think of is that it was a Thursday Night game and he didn't have the whole week to memorize the installs. 

All I can think is that Primetime games have a much different feel with Burrow.   Ninja
Reply/Quote
I had heard somewhere that the Bengals were 0-7 in their last 7 games against rookie quarterbacks. In the first half I figured it may be 0-8. But they didn't give up like old Bengal teams would have.

Watching the game with my wife, I told her on the final drive, for the first time in forever, I expect them to get a first down on 3rd and 4, 5, or 6. That must be what it feels like to be a Packers/Aaron Rodgers fan, you expect it and you also expect Rodgers to lead a game winning drive. I knew when they got the ball back with 5:40 left, they were going to score, and it felt so unusual to feel positive about the end of the game.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 11:22 AM)FastEddie Wrote: I had heard somewhere that the Bengals were 0-7 in their last 7 games against rookie quarterbacks. In the first half I figured it may be 0-8. But they didn't give up like old Bengal teams would have.

Watching the game with my wife, I told her on the final drive, for the first time in forever, I expect them to get a first down on 3rd and 4, 5, or 6. That must be what it feels like to be a Packers/Aaron Rodgers fan, you expect it and you also expect Rodgers to lead a game winning drive. I knew when they got the ball back with 5:40 left, they were going to score, and it felt so unusual to feel positive about the end of the game.

That's a false stat:

Just going back to 2017, we're 2-3, after the Texans game:

- Beat Kizer (twice)
- Lost to Trubisky (we lost to their defense, not to the QB) in 2017
- Lost to Minshew in 2019
- Lost to Tua last year.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 10:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: For some reason Joe was wearing the wristband last night:

I think he wore it against Pittsburgh too:
[Image: 1342958760.0.jpg]

And Apparently against the Bears as well:
[Image: 1341318236.0.jpg]

Looks like the only game he hasn't worn it at least some portion of the time was against Minnesota.
Reply/Quote
FYI the wrist band isn't about "knowing the playbook" the wristband expedites the speed of the call. When Taylor radios in "36" Burrow looks down and calls the play next to 36. It doesn't tell him what to do or who to throw to, it is simply telling him the verbiage so he doesn't have to wait for the call and potentially miss a part of the call or need him to repeat the whole thing again.

The narrative that a wristband is some sort of cheat sheet is lazy.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 11:10 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: All I can think is that Primetime games have a much different feel with Burrow.   Ninja

Yes the first half felt all to familiar but that 2nd half was an absolute masterpiece. Man that was good to watch.
Reply/Quote
Tom Brady has worn a wristband every game of his HOF career
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 11:22 AM)FastEddie Wrote: I had heard somewhere that the Bengals were 0-7 in their last 7 games against rookie quarterbacks. In the first half I figured it may be 0-8. But they didn't give up like old Bengal teams would have.

Ummmm.....where were you during Dalton's tenure?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/comeback.cgi?player=DaltAn00
Reply/Quote

Hey if you don’t know how to do something, find someone who can. LOL Credit where credit is due.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 09:36 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yes the first half felt all to familiar but that 2nd half was an absolute masterpiece. Man that was good to watch.

Yeah, just a turrible 1st half. Hopefully Joe can fix this and start putting up at least 10 in the 1st half.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 09:36 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yes the first half felt all to familiar but that 2nd half was an absolute masterpiece. Man that was good to watch.

Truth!  I was at the game and was quiet with a sense of dread till we stopped them on the goal line at the end of the first half.  Gave me a cautious sense of hope looking forward to the  second  half. 

Love the way you described it.  It was truly a work of art on both sides of the ball.  My voice was gone by the end of the game.
Reply/Quote
Joey B is great, he really is... look at what he has gone through. I truly hope he can bring this fanbase a superbowl win someday!
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 05:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: FYI the wrist band isn't about "knowing the playbook" the wristband expedites the speed of the call. When Taylor radios in "36" Burrow looks down and calls the play next to 36. It doesn't tell him what to do or who to throw to, it is simply telling him the verbiage so he doesn't have to wait for the call and potentially miss a part of the call or need him to repeat the whole thing again.

The narrative that a wristband is some sort of cheat sheet is lazy.

^This.

It's a smart thing to do. The coach can just call a number and if he has anything else to chime in, do it then instead of a long winded play call then nothing. It give the QB more time to call the play, get out of the huddle and made adjustments if necessary. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote