Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dolphins, Patriots, Lions Could Help Bengals Bye-Week
(11-12-2021, 12:42 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: # 1a. Always root for the Yankees!!!  Wink

It's probably due to a bit of jealousy due to the Yankees spending so much to build their team as compared to the Reds, but I will never root for the Yankees.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 01:42 PM)Mer Wrote: It's probably due to a bit of jealousy due to the Yankees spending so much to build their team as compared to the Reds, but I will never root for the Yankees.

[Image: 0ae9739da88745d5e17809d38df0cd3c.jpg]:rant:
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 01:08 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Honestly a first round exit would be a successful season for this ZT team IMO. Fans will be mad but overall surpassing expectations. Playoff win would just be icing on the cake. Ya, I’ve got low expectations, but I feel they are realistic for a team that only won 6 games the previous 2 seasons…

To tell you the truth, I'd almost rather miss the playoffs rather than being another 1 and done year, and having to listen to that stuff all over again about can't win a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 02:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: To tell you the truth, I'd almost rather miss the playoffs rather than being another 1 and done year, and having to listen to that stuff all over again about can't win a playoff game.

True but you definately cant win if you cant make it.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 02:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: To tell you the truth, I'd almost rather miss the playoffs rather than being another 1 and done year, and having to listen to that stuff all over again about can't win a playoff game.

I hear you, but it’s been what 6 years since the last one? It’s really a non factor other than the optics for the franchise.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 09:12 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I didn't watch the game, because frankly I did not want to watch the Ravens win again. Someone in the other thread area said Miami ran pretty much the same defensive scheme Lou did. Is that correct?

Coach Taylor likes to use 5 DB's at least 80 % of the time.  The announcers mentioned Dolphins use many DB's and they were amazed Ravens had no answer for it. Announcers said The Dolphins D was FAST and flying to the football and making great open field tackles. 

There is another comparison to Bengals game when Ravens over played their run defense and were almost in a Bears 1985 Defense with everybody up on the line and coming.  This left some wide open plays to Uzomah and Chase.  Last night near end of the game, Ravens were positive Dolphins would eat clock by running. Ravens plan was to stuff the run, get ball back with enough time to win the game.  So Ravens put everybody up to stuff the run as they did against Bengals.  So Tua threw a pass to a wide open receiver who ran most of the field to the 10 yard line.  So the Ravens got burned on over playing the run just like Bengals game.  Dolphins punched it in from the 10 for a late game score that sealed the deal and handed Ravens the loss.  

So Ravens go down.  Hopefully Browns or Steelers or both lose also.  I like Patriots chances of beating Browns. 

PS : I've seen some strange reasons by some for not wanting play-offs.  Put me down for wanting Bengals in play-offs.  This rooting for losing to get draft picks has became pretty lame football.  Mark me down for wanting Play-Offs. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 11:24 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: All those Raven injuries starting to slow them down

I just think Lamar gets exposed against certain defenses. He's still lacking as a passer.

Just look at his game log this year. He has 1 truly impressive game this year throwing the football.

If you can contain the outside and keep him in the pocket throwing, he's average.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 12:29 PM)Mer Wrote: My rules for watching the NFL.

#1. Always root for the Bengals.
#2. Always root against the other AFCN teams.
#3. Always root for NFC in NFC vs AFC games (not Bengal related).
#4. When 2 non-Bengal AFCN teams play, root for the team that helps Cincy best.

What am I missing?

That is about right. Wink

(11-12-2021, 12:30 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Alright, that's our jam!

Lol, sure is.

(11-12-2021, 12:42 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: # 1a. Always root for the Yankees!!!  Wink

Uhhh, no. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 05:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: BengalYankee Wrote:[url=http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Dolphins-Patriots-Lions-Could-Help-Bengals-Bye-Week?pid=1098882#pid1098882][/url]# 1a. Always root for the Yankees!!!  [Image: c0528.gif]

Uhhh, no. Mellow

[Image: baa563d24bd438624884f047d43adc25.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 05:59 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Remember when you gave your opinion?  We also will give ours.  I hate the Yankees.

[Image: baa563d24bd438624884f047d43adc25.jpg]
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Dolphins winning was HUGE.... Baltimore will get beat up in this division. Going to be close down the stretch lets hope Burrow and company are up for the challenge
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 09:17 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Dolphins winning was HUGE.... Baltimore will get beat up in this division. Going to be close down the stretch lets hope Burrow and company are up for the challenge

There's an interesting stretch in the schedule from Nov 28-Dec 12:

The Browns play the Ravens 2 straight times, with a bye week in between. The Ravens play the Steelers between.

Steelers play Bengals, Ravens and Vikings. Bengals play Steelers, Chargers and 49ers.
Reply/Quote
The reality that the damn steelers will be in first place in the division at the end of the weekend just sank in... and is so damn sickening.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Rooting against the steelers, Browns and Ravens is par for my course.

Actually there are teams I dislike so much that I can root for the Ravens or the Browns.

Yet there is no team on the planet that I dislike enough to not root against the steelers when they match up.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 12:42 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: # 1a. Don't root for the Yankees!!! It'll give you diarrhea and one or more of your nuts will fall off not to mention hemorrhoids and even herorroids! Wink

In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 10:51 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Rooting against the steelers, Browns and Ravens is par for my course.

Actually there are teams I dislike so much that I can root for the Ravens or the Browns.

Yet there is no team on the planet that I dislike enough to not root against the steelers when they match up.

Gotta admit; I wasn't mad when Balt. beat SF in the Superbowl
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Favorite team - Bengals
2nd favorite team - whoever plays the Steelers
3rd favorite team - any team not Steelers playing the Ravens
4th favorite team - any team not Steelers or Ravens playing the Browns
5th favorite team - any team playing the 49ers
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 10:15 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The reality that the damn steelers will be in first place in the division at the end of the weekend just sank in... and is so damn sickening.

Same. The fact that we all relished in the notion that they weren’t even in the dang conversation for potential division leaders all this time - makes me ill.

Can’t stand them but it’s hard not to acknowledge that their franchise is inarguably well-built and no matter what - they almost always compete in the division

Great francises just find ways to win. It must be fun to be a Stoolers fan.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2021, 09:27 AM)Whacked Wrote: Same. The fact that we all relished in the notion that they weren’t even in the dang conversation for potential division leaders all this time - makes me ill.

Can’t stand them but it’s hard not to acknowledge that their franchise is inarguably well-built and no matter what - they almost always compete in the division

Great francises just find ways to win. It must be fun to be a Stoolers fan.

[Image: 20umz1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
^ can’t stand him too lol
Reply/Quote