Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dolphins, Patriots, Lions Could Help Bengals Bye-Week
(11-12-2021, 01:15 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Same...but tbh with all the recent losing seasons, I stopped paying attention to what the other AFCN teams were doing. Until now. Their games are very relevant because we're relevant.

Same here.  I really haven't cared what the Ravens, Steelers, Browns do or any other NFL team each week since the 2015 Bengals season because The Bengals have not been in the play-off hunt since the 2015 season.  

So to say I do this Every Sunday would be a lie.  When Bengals are around last place, why would I care what the other teams do ?  

You are on it.  This bye weeks games are relevant because the Bengals are relevant in 2021.   Good chance this is the first time that I cared about Bye Week games since the 2015 season.  If the Bengals are not in the play-off hunt, then the other games don't matter. 

Which brings me to Browns on TV in my Ohio area Sunday, and I will be do something I never do, I will be rooting for The Patriots.   The Ravens went down as I watched that game Thursday.  Now I want to watch the Browns get beat Sunday.  and Go Lions if they can pull that upset over Steelers. 

The Ravens moved up in their Bye Week as Bengals lost.  Only fair Bengals move up in their Bye Week as Ravens lost, and I hope The Browns LOSE, and Steelers LOSE also.  I'm not one of these root for The Browns also Ohio people.  I hope the Patriots clobber The Browns.  But as you say, these games are only relevant because in 2021 The Bengals are relevant again.  I don't do this every week, this is the first time since around 2015 that it mattered what the other teams do.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2021, 01:26 PM)kevin Wrote: Same here.  I really haven't cared what the Ravens, Steelers, Browns do or any other NFL team each week since the 2015 Bengals season because The Bengals have not been in the play-off hunt since the 2015 season.  

So to say I do this Every Sunday would be a lie.  When Bengals are around last place, why would I care what the other teams do ?  

You are on it.  This bye weeks gamers are relevant because the Bengals are relevant in 2021.   Good chance this is the first time that I cared about Bye Week games since the 2015 season.  If the Bengals are not in the play-off hunt, then the other games don't matter. 

Which brings me to Browns on TV in my Ohio area Sunday, and I will be do something I never do, I will be rooting for The Patriots.   The Ravens went down as I watched that game Thursday.  Now I want to watch the Browns get beat Sunday.  and Go Lions if they can pull that upset over Steelers. 

The Ravens moved up in their Bye Week as Bengals lost.  Only fair Bengals move up in their Bye Week as Ravens lost, and I hope The Browns LOSE, and Steelers LOSE also.  I'm not one of these root for The Browns also Ohio people.  I hope the Patriots clobber The Browns.  But as you say, these games are only relevant because in 2021 The Bengals are relevant again. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

They are in last place.  Mellow
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I only really care for a few hours on Sundays, the occasional Monday and Thursday. I can easily compartmentalize this team anymore. I don't let the lows get to me so I enjoy the high while it last because it seldom lasts very long..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That frustrating feeling of having to root for the Lions...

Reply/Quote
Big Ben is OUT now, so Lions chances just improved.

Go Patriots over Browns and Lions over Steelers. Way to go Dolphins over Ravens.

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2021, 01:31 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

They are in last place.  Mellow

Not like they are 2-3-4 games out mid season. #1 & 2 we beat plus are 2-1 in our division. Let this play out before we rule them done.

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 09:37 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: That frustrating feeling of having to root for the Lions...

It never gets easier  Sad
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
If Browns and Steelers lose, we jump to 2nd and game back of 1st.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 04:10 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: If Browns and Steelers lose, we jump to 2nd and game back of 1st.

Stop it. You just made it move a little. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Well, for anyone who thought that the clowns were just flat out better than the Bengals...cleveland is proving to be just who most of us thought they were...average and very beatable. Hope the Bengals are taking note.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 09:37 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: That frustrating feeling of having to root for the Lions...

...which is easy considering they’re playing the Steelers. I’m also having zero trouble rooting for the Patriots to wipe the Turds off the map.
Reply/Quote
TD Pats, up 31-7.

[Image: 9d3ee9a34e7ee19c7642b3c753a860cac6022f09...9109ee.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Seeing the lions & pats give our opponets a good fought game which NE pretty much as has it won. Or our inability to win the last two games.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 04:55 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: TD Pats, up 31-7.

New England looks great again. They play nearly flawless defense. The way the Patriots cover tight ends and runners catching passes out of the backfield is extremely impressive.
Reply/Quote
What the Lions, Patriots and Bills is doing to the same opponents Bengals have played tells me it has a lot to do with game planning.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 05:05 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: What the Lions, Patriots and Bills is doing to the same opponents Bengals have played tells me it has a lot to do with game planning.

When you have the talent (which we do), it's on the coaching and ability to give  you the chance to win with your talent. 
Reply/Quote
Pats did their job.
Ps. Pats look dang good.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 04:44 PM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: Well, for anyone who thought that the clowns were just flat out better than the Bengals...cleveland is proving to be just who most of us thought they were...average and very beatable. Hope the Bengals are taking note.

Watching browns and jets get absolutely handled by average teams probably tells us where we really are. 

Course pats also getting pi calls we never got.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 05:02 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: New England looks great again.  They play nearly flawless defense. The way the Patriots cover tight ends and runners catching passes out of the backfield is extremely impressive.

The game started almost exactly the same to ours with the browns rolling on the opening drive to score. Took 3 series but the Patriots took over.
Reply/Quote
Shitstains going back where they belong...

[Image: 493254132_8e882566a0.jpg]
Reply/Quote