Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dolphins trade #3 pick
(03-27-2021, 01:15 PM)Destro Wrote: If Burrow NEEDS an elite receiver, he isn't as good as some say he is. Boyd and Higgins are not bums. They will catch their fair share if the ball in placed correctly. Burrow can do that, as long as there isn't a D-lineman about to crush him. Would be nice to see what he could do with a great pocket to throw from.

You're right it would be dumb to give your QB playmakers.  Ninja
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If Mike Brown has any say in who we pick at five, and I'm sure he has the final say, I think he picks Chase. The Bengals hit gold when they picked AJ Green 4th overall in the 2011 draft. He was our franchise WR for a decade and now he's gone. I can easily see Brown picking Chase thinking he could be the franchise WR for the next decade. I would be on board with that even though my choice would be Sewell. The good news is, this draft is deep at the Oline positions, so maybe we could splurge and get Chase or Pitts at five and still find quality guards and tackles starting in the 2nd round. Should be fun to see how it all shakes out.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 09:36 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Let's hope not.  I'd rather have Pitts or Chase.

What is nice is we will now be able to have our choice of all 3 most likely.

I would be more than fine with either one but I still love Pitts even if I think we will take Chase. Either way I am happy.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 01:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So you're saying Burrow needs to be surrounded with talent like Dalton?

I thought an elite QB would elevate his teammates? Ninja

Depends what you want Burrow’s ceiling to be. I think he could give us some very Dalton like seasons (decent but not great) without elite weapons, but if we want to see 2019 LSU Burrow he’ll need some high end guys.

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 02:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good deal for the 49ers and us. We get Sewell I think now, great news. Cool

Don't know what the Dolphins were thinking, bet Phin fans are pissed!

I don't know how pissed they can be with 4 picks in the top 50. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 08:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't know how pissed they can be with 4 picks in the top 50. 

Yeah, Chris Grier has been killing it down there.

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 01:40 PM)Synric Wrote: You're right it would be dumb to give your QB playmakers.  Ninja

Does he not have any playmakers? Boyd and Higgins had over 1700 yards combined while having to complete the season Allen and Finely passing and no running game. Neither of them were 1st rounders, and have outplayed many of them. 

I know he played with an O-line that folded into his leg and cost him the rest of the season. Would it be dumb to get your undisputed franchise QB the best O-Line possible? They can them "protection" for a reason. 
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 09:09 PM)Destro Wrote: Does he not have any playmakers? Boyd and Higgins had over 1700 yards combined while having to complete the season Allen and Finely passing and no running game. Neither of them were 1st rounders, and have outplayed many of them. 

I know he played with an O-line that folded into his leg and cost him the rest of the season. Would it be dumb to get your undisputed franchise QB the best O-Line possible? They can them "protection" for a reason. 

It's not hard for 2 WRs to accumlate 1700 yds, in.this age of football. Its a passing league.even with very average QBs
Now if this was 1977 it would be quite a achievement

This offense needs playmakers in the mold of a Tyrek Hill, Travis Kelce, Stefan Diggs, Davonte Adams. 
Who on.this offense is a threat to.score anytime he touches the ball.?? Who.was the last Bengals target ro score more than 9 TDs in a single season?
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 09:33 PM)impactplaya Wrote: It's not hard for 2 WRs to accumlate 1700 yds, in.this age of football. Its a passing league.even with very average QBs
Now if this was 1977 it would be quite a achievement

This offense needs playmakers in the mold of a Tyrek Hill, Travis Kelce, Stefan Diggs, Davonte Adams. 
Who on.this offense is a threat to.score anytime he touches the ball.?? Who.was the last Bengals target ro score more than 9 TDs in a single season?

Very average QB's is not even what Bengals backups are when Burrow is out. Allen and Finely would not have had these numbers.

They can't touch the ball if the QB can't get it to them. Cart is before the horse. You mention Hill and Kelce when the last NFL game showed what happens to the home run offense with a bad O-line. We tried the fast threat. Mr. No Confidence was a 1st round bust and changed nothing for Dalton, Burrow and the subs. In this division, especially, we will be eaten alive in the trenches. Dalton and Burrow didn't even play full seasons and were sacked over 30 times.

When was the last time the Bengals had a very good O-Line?

Own 20 guns and leave them in the front yard. Your weapons with no protection means nothing. 

I am fine with more/better skill position players, but on a team that has finished bottom 5 the last two years, with the O-line being in the lower part of the league, got to take care of it. Car won't start and we are pricing out tires.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 08:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't know how pissed they can be with 4 picks in the top 50. 

Yeah, I typed that before I saw the deal and before they traded back up to #6...
Reply/Quote
Some connecting the dots state the niners moved up for Mac Jones.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 08:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Some connecting the dots state the niners moved up for Mac Jones.

Crazy if true. Would bump up the demand for the Bengals pick. 
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 09:51 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Crazy if true. Would bump up the demand for the Bengals pick. 

Apparently there's a connection with Shanahan and Sarkisian 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 01:40 PM)Synric Wrote: You're right it would be dumb to give your QB playmakers.  Ninja

yes lets give playmakers for a QB that does not have time to pass. totally makes sense Yawn
Reply/Quote