Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dolphins trade #3 pick
Man theres going to be some upset fans that are pounding the table for Sewell lol. The bengals just made their whitworth type of signing and got Reiff,he is going to play. Jonah wants to play Left tackle,he's going to play. They ARE NOT going to draft Sewell at #5 and insert him at guard when they have a major hole to fill with Green , Erickson,and Ross leaving. Boyd is only good in the slot,you have to open the defense up,someone who can go long. Even though I rather go different direction myself either trade back or Pitts. Jamar chase looks NFl ready and has chemistry with burrow its 95 % chance going to be him.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 06:10 PM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: Man theres going to be some upset fans that are pounding the table for Sewell lol. The bengals just made their whitworth type of signing and got Reiff,he is going to play. Jonah wants to play Left tackle,he's going to play. They ARE NOT going to draft Sewell at #5 and insert him at guard when they have a major hole to fill with Green , Erickson,and Ross leaving. Boyd is only good in the slot,you have to open the defense up,someone who can go long. Even though I rather go different direction myself either trade back or Pitts. Jamar chase looks NFl ready and has chemistry with burrow its 95 % chance going to be him.

This is a person who doesn’t get it.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 06:12 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: This is a person who doesn’t get it.

I expect to see you on here moaning and complaining on draft day. See you then. 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 03:50 PM)jj22 Wrote: Oh he won't. This FA period has been such a failure when it comes to protecting Burrow we need to go oline in the first 4 rounds. 

Oh now you are just getting over dramatic...

(03-26-2021, 03:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't like passing on Chase/Pitts either but this is a pivotal season for our "star" qb. The Bengals neglect already has his career in question dependent on how or if he'll fully recover, it's already caused him to lose the OROY, he's been passed up by Herbert as the top QB of the class and with what the Chargers have done, that won't change. If he's not protected he's is in jeopardy of falling behind the new QB darlings coming out this year.

The Bengals are at a crossroads and his career is at a fork in the road. The number 1 goal was to protect him, and they have no choice but to do that early and often in the draft. There's no room to pass on top Oline talent unless you are willing to gamble on Burrow's career. No one should be.

We gambled last year on passing up on Oline talent, and we saw what it got us. Not sure how folks are willing to try it again. Insanity.

The entire Free Agency and the Draft is a gamble. Reiff and Jonah are our bookend OT's, much better than last year and I 
am betting we re-up Reiff after next season if he plays well which I believe he will. XSF got injured last season and he was 
playing well when healthy. Spain was brought in on a Thursday in the mid to late part of the season and had to play THAT
Sunday and considering all this played alright. With a full Offseason both these guys should be much better.

Adeniji played well and I think is a future bright spot. We can still take Sewell at 5 and I have no problem with that. 

But we have to be open to the possibility of also getting a Receiver that gets separation at 5 and that has chemistry with 
our young QB. Chase would not be a bad pick at all followed up by O-line in the 2nd and 4th. 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 06:15 PM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: I expect to see you on here moaning and complaining on draft day. See you then. 

They prob will draft a weapon with a top 5 pick because Mike Brown is stupid
Reply/Quote
Man that’s nice work by the Dolphins.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 06:16 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: They prob will draft a weapon with a top 5 pick because Mike Brown is stupid

Assuming he still has input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 05:39 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I get that but the front office should want to draft players with a higher % of panning out into good NFL players. A first round tackle has a higher hit rate than a 2nd round tackle. I really don’t care how deep this draft class is.

They have to do their best to get it right.

And I want tackle because Jonah’s history should worry all of you

Yeah.  The longer we wait in the draft we get guys like Ced and Fisher.  Big drop off imo.  Having Mixon and Burrow, don't matter without the boys in the trenches.  I'd rather have a good line and a crappy running back rather then an elite running back with a crappy line any day.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 06:10 PM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: Man theres going to be some upset fans that are pounding the table for Sewell lol. The bengals just made their whitworth type of signing and got Reiff,he is going to play

This dude called the 30 year old on a 1 year contract our “Whitworth”

Oh boy
Reply/Quote
BTW, Bengals could just move back 1,2,3 spots and draft whatever is left over of the elite weapons as a compromise and get draft capital. It's the lazy more pleasing to all camps on this board.
Reply/Quote
Good for us.

But if we'd have lost to Houston, we'd be Miami. Which would have been much better. Still, no use crying over spilt milk.

The chances of Sewell/Chase just went way up.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 06:16 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: They prob will draft a weapon with a top 5 pick because Mike Brown is stupid

Btw, I'd have no problem going your way and putting sewell on the line and getting some other guys I like in the draft like marquez Stevenson or that Terry guy,also want that linebacker nick bolton. I'm just good at assuming what the bengals will do. And I see the writing on the wall for jamar chase. He fits a need at wide out right out the gate. 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 06:10 PM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: Man theres going to be some upset fans that are pounding the table for Sewell lol. The bengals just made their whitworth type of signing and got Reiff,he is going to play. Jonah wants to play Left tackle,he's going to play. They ARE NOT going to draft Sewell at #5 and insert him at guard when they have a major hole to fill with Green , Erickson,and Ross leaving. Boyd is only good in the slot,you have to open the defense up,someone who can go long. Even though I rather go different direction myself either trade back or Pitts. Jamar chase looks NFl ready and has chemistry with burrow its 95 % chance going to be him.

From what I saw last season that's not much of a hole. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 06:27 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  From what I saw last season that's not much of a hole. 

I mean I agree, but there are spots to fill, green took the best corner most the time and they still respected him. Boyd is only a slot. Higgins has played 1 year in a #2 type of role (not playing the best corners) then you have auden tate which is slow and gets 0 separation and Mike Thomas (average at best)  bengals also need weapons. 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 06:16 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: They prob will draft a weapon with a top 5 pick because Mike Brown is stupid

I understand the frustration of even having to talk about getting a weapon when there is a good to great prospect at OL staring 
you in the face but you also have to look at the Draft as a whole and how you can get multiple things done at the same time.

I want Sewell, Pitts or Chase in that order and all would be A+ picks in my book Frank.

Nothing wrong with being open to the possibilities, what is wrong is to close your mind and blindly think Sewell will solve all our
problems in an EXTREMELY deep OT class while ignoring the fact that our WR's need to get separation. We also will have the 
weapon that could fix this staring us right in the face which is a good thing any way we go IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 02:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know they were very conservative with Tua last year, but if he can stay healthy he is one of the most talented QBs to come out of college in the past few years.

I'd be thrilled to get that many picks for the number three pick.  They are going to have two first round picks for three straight years, and they are just dropping 9 spots in this years draft.

Miami is going to be a force to reckon with here very soon. Obviously already trending right direction but to have that many 1sts just wow.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 06:24 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: This dude called the 30 year old on a 1 year contract our “Whitworth”

Oh boy

Lol yeah,when the rams signed aged whitworth they thought he had little left. Played 3 years. And whitworth was older. 
Reply/Quote
1st round OL upgrades the run game AND the passing game.

1st round WR upgrades the passing game.

This should be an easy acceptance for the "our RBs are overpaid" crowd but this is Bengaldom/Bengaldumb we're talking about.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 06:17 PM)wanga Wrote: Man that’s nice work by the Dolphins.

Eagles also made out like bandits getting an extra first round pick plus a third just for dropping from #6 to #12.

I thought the Dolphins got a great dal to drop to 12, but I think they gave up way too much just to move back to #6.  But if QBs go 1-4 then they will get either Chase, Pitts,  or Sewell at #6.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 06:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I understand the frustration of even having to talk about getting a weapon when there is a good to great prospect at OL staring 
you in the face but you also have to look at the Draft as a whole and how you can get multiple things done at the same time.

I want Sewell, Pitts or Chase in that order and all would be A+ picks in my book Frank.

Nothing wrong with being open to the possibilities, what is wrong is to close your mind and blindly think Sewell will solve all our
problems in an EXTREMELY deep OT class while ignoring the fact that our WR's need to get separation. We also will have the 
weapon that could fix this staring us right in the face which is a good thing any way we go IMO.
It doesn’t have to be Sewell, it can be the other tackle if cincy has him rated higher. Or if we move back in the first round we can grab the other first round tackle. I do not care

Bengals don’t need a new number 1 receiver when they currently have Boyd and Higgins. All you need is a number 3 kind of talent.

Bengals should not be fine with starting hobbled Hopkins and XSF. They just shouldn’t. You also need to fill the Reiff hole in 2022. You also have to account for Jonah Williams getting hurt.

If Mohammed sanu’s doppelganger is there in round 3 or later, take him, because that’s all you need. A guy who is the 3rd option who won’t see number 1 coverage.

Bengals must prioritize offensive line early in this draft if they want to see the playoffs since the last time they had a good offensive line
Reply/Quote