Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dolphins trade #3 pick
Alright let’s just ignore OT round 1 that can play guard first year, then take over RT year 2 when Reiff leaves. Also let’s ignore Jonah Williams’ injury bug.

The clear move round 1 is OT. It helps at guard this year, it helps with depth, it helps with the future.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 05:09 PM)kevin Wrote: Bengals want 5, but not for Pac 10 Sewell.   Bengals want SEC Burrow to Chase and if Chase gone, SEC TE or SEC Heisman WR.   SEC pass catcher at 5 with Green and Roos gone.  Burrow needs pass targets to avoid coverage sacks.  Burrow to Chase, they already have their timing down.  Oh how much better Mixon, Boyd, Higgins and Burrow will look with an elite SEC pass catcher added. 

If burrow is the elite QB we think he his he doesnt need elite targets.  He does need protection though
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 05:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If burrow is the elite QB we think he his he doesnt need elite targets.  He does need protection though

People won’t understand. They’re stuck in their ways of “more weapons, XSF and torn knee Hopkins is good enough. Run game? Who cares, we have Joe Burrow”
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 05:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: People won’t understand. They’re stuck in their ways of “more weapons, XSF and torn knee Hopkins is good enough. Run game? Who cares, we have Joe Burrow”

They dont HAVE to go Offensive Line with their first pick because this is a deep offensive line class.

Most fans believe there is only 1 round of the draft and 1 prospect. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Chase will be there at #5 for the taking and the Bengals won’t so much as hesitate in snatching him up in about 1 Femtosecond.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 05:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If burrow is the elite QB we think he his he doesnt need elite targets.  He does need protection though

Bradshaw didn't need Swann and Stallworth

Montana and Young didn't need Rice

Aikman didn't need Irvin

Peyton didn't need Harrison

Brady didn't need Gronk, Welker, Moss, Evans, or Godwin 

Mahomes doesn't need Hill or Kelce

It's fine to say you think OL should be the priority, but there aren't a lot of elite QB's that don't have elite weapons.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 05:36 PM)Synric Wrote: They dont HAVE to go Offensive Line with their first pick because this is a deep offensive line class.

Most fans believe there is only 1 round of the draft and 1 prospect. 

I get that but the front office should want to draft players with a higher % of panning out into good NFL players. A first round tackle has a higher hit rate than a 2nd round tackle. I really don’t care how deep this draft class is.

They have to do their best to get it right.

And I want tackle because Jonah’s history should worry all of you
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 05:37 PM)Whatever Wrote: Bradsshaw didn't need Swann and Stallworyh

Aikman didn't need Irvin

Brady didn't need Gronk, Weller, Moss, Evans, or Godwin 

It's fine to say you think OL should be the priority, but there aren't a lot of elite QB's that don't have elite weapons.

Look at how many elite weapons Rodgers and Allen have and get back at me. Josh Allen has 1. Rodgers has 1, and a solid tight end.

Other than that, those qb’s don’t have much. Rodgers benefits from a great running game. Josh Allen has to carry the load and throw to 1 guy. Beasley is an ok slot possession player

Both those teams made the conference championships.

And let’s not act like Mahomes is surrounded with great weapons. He has 2 elite guys, and then a bunch of average replaceable players
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 02:07 PM)pally Wrote: San Francisco wants a QB.  Miami was a rumored landing spot for both Chase and Sewell.  So odds are now higher one or both make it to #5

All I think is god I wish that was us getting all that capital...
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 04:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think Dickerson and Humphrey would be the two I'd keep an eye on. Quinn Meinerz could be a guy in the 3rd potentially after his really good senior bowl. 

(03-26-2021, 04:53 PM)Synric Wrote: Landon Dickerson comes to mind.

Yes, crap, Dickerson too.
I completely missed him when I scanned through the list again.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Barring some catastrophic drafting, the Dolphins should be set for the next decade.

Holy smokes.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 05:44 PM)GodFather Wrote: All I think is god I wish that was us getting all that capital...

Reportedly the 49ers were in talks with the Bengals about trading up to 5, but they decided to trade up to 3 instead.
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/26/bengals-discussed-trade-49ers-fifth-pick-2021-nfl-draft/
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Nonsense.  Burrow needs more pass protection AND more weapons to play HIS TYPE OFFENSE. 

Now they added Raiff to Williams at Tackle.  Aj Green and Ross gone and teams can cover Mixon, Boyd, Higgins too easy. This isn't high school, this is The NFL.  You better bring more than a RB and 2 WR's because NFL Defenses will Double Team that all year long. They got Raiff, now they need a WR like Chase. 

Bengals stink at LB with only 4 and not that good.  The Draft LBs are so good this year.  If we take Chase in 1, or if Chase gone, SEC TE or SEC Heisman WR.  Then in 2 a good LB.  Then in early 3, a good Guard.  They have gave Burrow more Blocking in Raiff and an early 3 Guard, and have given Burrow more pass targets, plus added a rare talent LB, and still have early 4 and rest of draft. 

Don't tell me you are one of those that think you draft a QB, put a Superman shirt on him, and expect him to win with a lousy team.  I hope you are not one of those.  The goal is to build a good team around Burrow. If Burrow wants his pass target from LSU, bring him in, Chase is a good pick.  Burrow to Chase will let Mixon, Boyd, Higgins gain more yards in the process. Burrow functions best in a wide open LSU or Saints type offense. Isn't Raiff from Saints, and Chase from LSU. Build a LSU Saints type offense around Burrow, because Bengals system is 30 years without a play-off win anyway.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 05:37 PM)Whatever Wrote: Bradshaw didn't need Swann and Stallworth

Aikman didn't need Irvin

Brady didn't need Gronk, Welker, Moss, Evans, or Godwin 

Funny, Mahomes looked average (or less than average) in the Super Bowl when he had an O-Line like the Bengals
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 05:50 PM)kevin Wrote: Nonsense.  Burrow needs more pass protection AND more weapons to play HIS TYPE OFFENSE. 

Now they added Raiff to Williams at Tackle.  Aj Green and Ross gone and teams can cover Mixon, Boyd, Higgins too easy. This isn't high school, this is The NFL.  You better bring more than a RB and 2 WR's because NFL Defenses will Double Team that all year long. They got Raiff, now they need a WR like Chase. 

Bengals stink at LB with only 4 and not that good.  The Draft LBs are so good this year.  If we take Chase in 1, or if Chase gone, SEC TE or SEC Heisman WR.  Then in 2 a good LB.  Then in early 3, a good Guard.  They have gave Burrow more Blocking in Raiff and an early 3 Guard, and have given Burrow more pass targets, plus added a rare talent LB, and still have early 4 and rest of draft. 

Don't tell me you are one of those that think you draft a QB, put a Superman shirt on him, and expect him to win with a lousy team.  I hope you are not one of those.  The goal is to build a good team around Burrow. If Burrow wants his pass target from LSU, bring him in, Chase is a good pick. 
They can cover Boyd easily? Boyd is one of the best slot receivers in the entire league. Tee Higgins is a stud.

You’re calling them scrubs, essentially.

I don’t care about Joe Burrow breaking throwing attempt records and 5,000 + yards. I want to win games

Making sure our QB doesn’t get killed again is how you do that.

Improving the running game is how you do that

Quit thinking fantasy football is real life football.

Games are won in the trenches. Cincy’s line still stinks right now. Boyd Higgins and Mixon are fine
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 05:51 PM)Daymack Wrote: Funny, Mahomes looked average (or less than average) in the Super Bowl when he had an O-Line like the Bengals

Exactly. Mahomes had his 2 elite pass weapons healthy for the super bowl

He got destroyed because his offensive line was injured and they lost the game.

Trenches. Priority number 1
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 05:25 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Alright let’s just ignore OT round 1 that can play guard first year, then take over RT year 2 when Reiff leaves. Also let’s ignore Jonah Williams’ injury bug.

The clear move round 1 is OT. It helps at guard this year, it helps with depth, it helps with the future.

But the Fantasy Football guys and the Madden guys want shiny new toys. How are you going to shut them u . . . I mean, how are you going to keep them happy by improving the running game and passing game for the future?

It's hilarious how past 1st round failures on the o-line means getting a 2nd round OT and they MUST take a WR in round 1 . . . however past successes in 2nd round (Pickens, Scott, Johnson, Higgins) means they can't get a #2 WR in the 2nd round, even though they did last year, and MUST spend a 1st round pick on a WR or TE while hoping the 6th to 10th rated OL will fix pass blocking and run blocking issues?

This place is saddening and hilarious at the same time.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 05:56 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: But the Fantasy Football guys and the Madden guys want shiny new toys. How are you going to shut them u . . . I mean, how are you going to keep them happy by improving the running game and passing game for the future?

It's hilarious how past 1st round failures on the o-line means getting a 2nd round OT and they MUST take a WR in round 1 . . . however past successes in 2nd round (Pickens, Scott, Johnson, Higgins) means they can't get a #2 WR in the 2nd round, even though they did last year, and MUST spend a 1st round pick on a WR or TE while hoping the 6th to 10th rated OL will fix pass blocking and run blocking issues?

Good post

Trenches Priority # 1
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 05:56 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: But the Fantasy Football guys and the Madden guys want shiny new toys. How are you going to shut them u . . . I mean, how are you going to keep them happy by improving the running game and passing game for the future?

Exactly you can find a legit number 3 receiver in the 3rd round or later.

Offensive tackle is something you want to grab early. Very early
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 05:56 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: But the Fantasy Football guys and the Madden guys want shiny new toys. How are you going to shut them u . . . I mean, how are you going to keep them happy by improving the running game and passing game for the future?

Silliness. I would love to trade back pickup an extra 2nd at least and get 

1st - OT - Darrishaw/Slater (depending on how far back)
2nd - OG/C - Humphrey/T.Hill/Dickerson 
2nd - WR - T.Marshall/R.Bateman

Cool
Reply/Quote