Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dolphins trade #3 pick
I'm all in on Chase now. We will be able to address the line in the 2nd round with a day 1 starter or even move into a late first position.
Reply/Quote
Miami must feel comfortable with whoever the Bengals don't take out of Chase or Pitts, and think one of them (or both) will be there after the Bengals pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 03:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just cause we pick Sewell doesn't mean he will single handedly make our OL tops either.

Oh he won't. This FA period has been such a failure when it comes to protecting Burrow we need to go oline in the first 4 rounds. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
So it looks like Sewell or Chase. I'm good either way. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Maybe the easter bunny came early ! ?

When thats i said i hope for Penei Sewell, insted of Kyle Pitts. Pitts is a fantastic dude who will have a great career.., but whitout a god o-line nothing is going to happen.

And i lift my hat for Miami for to this deal for them. Not shaby.., not shaby at all.., they are looking att sunshine..
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 03:50 PM)jj22 Wrote: Oh he won't. This FA period has been such a failure when it comes to protecting Burrow we need to go oline in the first 4 rounds. 

Just gonna say, ZT between a rock and a hard place with free agency.

Protect Burrow, but lose this year and lose your job

Or

Address defense and try to win more games at Burrows expense — possibly keep job

ZT cares about his job, not the franchise, and I can’t really blame him.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 03:50 PM)jj22 Wrote: Oh he won't. This FA period has been such a failure when it comes to protecting Burrow we need to go oline in the first 4 rounds. 

And Bench Reiff for a rookie?

Hilarious Hilarious

You really crack me up sometimes.
Reply/Quote
I don't like passing on Chase/Pitts either but this is a pivotal season for our "star" qb. The Bengals neglect already has his career in question dependent on how or if he'll fully recover, it's already caused him to lose the OROY, he's been passed up by Herbert as the top QB of the class and with what the Chargers have done, that won't change. If he's not protected he's is in jeopardy of falling behind the new QB darlings coming out this year.

The Bengals are at a crossroads and his career is at a fork in the road. The number 1 goal was to protect him, and they have no choice but to do that early and often in the draft. There's no room to pass on top Oline talent unless you are willing to gamble on Burrow's career. No one should be.

We gambled last year on passing up on Oline talent, and we saw what it got us. Not sure how folks are willing to try it again. Insanity.

Reply/Quote
I wonder if Carolina may ask about the #5 pick, especially if one of the top four is a non QB. Could possibly fetch their second rounder for moving down 3 spots.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 03:54 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Just gonna say, ZT between a rock and a hard place with free agency.

Protect Burrow, but lose this year and lose your job

Or

Address defense and try to win more games at Burrows expense — possibly keep job

ZT cares about his job, not the franchise, and I can’t really blame him.

I predict that we will have 2 new starters on the O-line.  You can't accuse ZT of refusing to protect Burrow when he upgrades 40% of his O-line.
Reply/Quote
It's very likely that ATL trades out of 4 to a QB needy team as Ryan's restructuring makes it apparent he will be there a few more years. In that case, we will have our pick of any player in the draft we could have wanted. I'd love to still trade back to another team who wants to jump Miami for a WR (They are going WR) and still have most of our board left.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 03:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And Bench Reiff for a rookie?

Hilarious Hilarious

You really crack me up sometimes.

Ok maybe because I have the ability to forward think and know that Reiff is on a 1 year contract and our starting LT has never played a full season going into his 3rd year. 

We are going to need a Tackle, 2 guards, and a C all by the 4th round. Anything less would be neglect given the needs, and given the goal was supposedly to protect our QB.

I'm not listening to the same folks who said it will be ok last offseason just to melt down when the results took a horrific turn. You guys were fooled once, but now you are walking into being fooled again and you know what they say about whose fault that lies with.

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 03:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I predict that we will have 2 new starters on the O-line.  You can't accuse ZT of refusing to protect Burrow when he upgrades 40% of his O-line.

Oh, they can and will..... hide and watch!
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 03:46 PM)Cat-Man Wrote: Miami must feel comfortable with whoever the Bengals don't take out of Chase or Pitts, and think one of them (or both) will be there after the Bengals pick.

Couldn't agree more. If I'm the Bengals, I'm on the phone to the Panthers right now. I'm gambling all three are not taken in the next three picks, and if they are, I'm picking Slater, then a Defensive stud with pick #5 in round 2, followed by Terrace Marshall (another former Burrow teammate) in with #2 round pick from the Panthers. And yes, I think they could land Carolina's 2nd and move back three slots in the 1st. Give me three picks in the first two rounds and I can make hay.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 03:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I predict that we will have 2 new starters on the O-line.  You can't accuse ZT of refusing to protect Burrow when he upgrades 40% of his O-line.

"You can't accuse a car mechanic of doing a bad job when you have 4 flat tires and they only fix 2 of them and expect you to just drive with the other two flat."  - Fred, basically

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 03:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm not listening to the same folks who said it will be ok last offseason just to melt down when the results took a horrific turn. You guys were fooled once, but now you are walking into being fooled again and you know what they say about whose fault that lies with.

I was never satisfied with what they did for the O-line this year.

But you have no credibility because you claimed it was impossible for us to improve the O-line before we signed Reiff.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 04:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I was never satisfied with what they did for the O-line this year.

But you have no credibility because you claimed it was impossible for us to improve the O-line before we signed Reiff.

As stated before and widely agreed upon by all (but you maybe). Our biggest issues were on the interior. My credibility is just fine.

The question is can Burrow hit Chase/Pitts in less than 2 seconds. 

There's a significant chance his patented spin move is lost for at least a couple more years, and his ability to run and get out of the pocket is likely lost as well until 2022, so the question is, can he hit these weapons in less than 2 seconds?

Sorry to break it to you but the Reiff signing isn't enough to quiet my calls to protect Burrow. Maybe you are satisfied.

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 04:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: As stated before and widely agreed upon by all (but you maybe). Our biggest issues were on the interior. My credibility is just fine.

The question is can Burrow hit Chase/Pitts in less than 2 seconds. 

There's a significant chance his patented spin move is lost for at least a couple more years, and his ability to run and get out of the pocket is likely lost as well until 2022, so the question is, can he hit these weapons in less than 2 seconds?

Sorry to break it to you but the Reiff signing isn't enough to quiet my calls to protect Burrow.

Reiff helps, XSF over Jordan helps, Burrow being better at identifying pre-snap pressure helps. There will be a marginal improvement from last year to this year, I think the running scheme going wide zone and the normal bootleg that comes off that should also help with pressure. I think a potential starting guard/center still gets added on day 2 but not sure they will go OL at 5...but they could move out of 5.
Reply/Quote
People point to late last year, but Finley got destroyed by Pitt. That was one of the impressive things about his performance. Allen took a beating from Baltimore.

XSF and Spain certainly upgraded the run blocking. NOT the pass blocking if anyone remembers.

Reply/Quote
Well that's an interesting trade and certainly seems to open things up a little more for the Bengals. I also think Miami has done a hell of a job in their rebuild. They have played the draft pick game well of late.
Reply/Quote