Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dolphins trade #3 pick
Pac 10 Sewell is Over Rated and why Bengals signed Raiff to go with Williams at Tackle in 2021.

Not over rated is how dominate SEC is. SEC LSU Burrow to SEC LSU Chase is too good to pass up. They have THEIR TIMING already. If Chase off the board, the SEC TE Pitts or SEC WR Heisman Smith who dominated SEC and Destroyed Ohio State.

AJ Green and Ross were of darn little help last few years. NFL Defenses Double Team Mixon, Boyd and Higgins like playing a high school team. If Bengals add Chase or if gone, Pitts or Heisman Smith, The Bengals go from easy to Defense to hard to Defense. Mixon, Boyd and Higgins more open and Burrow doesn't get his head taken off as much due to everybody covered sacks.

Go with an elite SEC pass catcher, hopefully Burrow to Chase combo from LSU.

Do not draft over rated Pac 10 Sewell. If Bengals were so high on Sewell, then they don't bring in Raiff to bookend with Williams.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 03:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And Bench Reiff for a rookie?

Hilarious Hilarious

You really crack me up sometimes.

Yep.
People need to be very aware that probably only one rookie would start on the OL, and it'd likely be at OG.
The other OG spot is almost assuredly going to be manned by Spain or XSF.
Reiff won't get benched.
Jonah Williams won't get benched.
Hopkins likely will get his starting spot back once he's healthy enough to play.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 04:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yep.
People need to be very aware that probably only one rookie would start on the OL, and it'd likely be at OG.
The other OG spot is almost assuredly going to be manned by Spain or XSF.
Reiff won't get benched.
Jonah Williams won't get benched.
Hopkins likely will get his starting spot back once he's healthy enough to play.

This is why I'd actually like a guy with C/G flexibility on day 2 potentially. 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 02:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We get Sewell I think now, great news. Cool

Yeah... I was convinced miami was gonna take him after signing Fuller. Miami is certainly hoarding draft picks though. Worked for Cleveland I suppose.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
PAC 10 Sewell over rated and why Raiff brought in to team with Williams

SEC is way to go. Burrow to Chase if possible. If Chase gone, SEC TE Pitts or SEC Heisman WR Smith who Dominated SEC and Ohio State. Go SEC with this pick, and it's the best move. Plus, Boyd and Higgins are not enough, we need one more now with Green and Ross gone. Burrow to Chase would be Perfect.

This Draft has best LBs in years. Round 1 SEC pass catcher. Round 2 a LB from elite year of LBs. Round 3 a Guard, you can always get a good Guard in 3. Receiving, Tackling, Blocking.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 04:02 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: Couldn't agree more. If I'm the Bengals, I'm on the phone to the Panthers right now. I'm gambling all three are not taken in the next three picks, and if they are, I'm picking Slater, then a Defensive stud with pick #5 in round 2, followed by Terrace Marshall (another former Burrow teammate) in with #2 round pick from the Panthers. And yes, I think they could land Carolina's 2nd and move back three slots in the 1st. Give me three picks in the first two rounds and I can make hay.

If we do stay at 5 and Sewell is there he's got to be the pick and play him at guard, why else do you think they have not gone after Turner? Jonah, Sewell, Hopkins/Price, Spain and Rieff. Rieff on a 1 year contract and then Sewell moves to LT or RT next year. The only other option i like is the one above trading the pick and getting Slater and an extra 2nd. Slater, Bateman/Marshall and a DE.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 04:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: This is why I'd actually like a guy with C/G flexibility on day 2 potentially. 

Who really has that other than maybe Creed Humphrey?
I wouldn't want Myers.
This C class as a whole is not good IMO.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 04:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: Sorry to break it to you but the Reiff signing isn't enough to quiet my calls to protect Burrow. 

Sorry to break it to you, but you can't seem to keep your story straight.

First you said it was impossible for the Bengals to improve the O-line, but now you seem to be admitting that replacing Hart with Reiff WAS an improvement.

(03-26-2021, 04:16 PM)jj22 Wrote:  Maybe you are satisfied.

Nope.  Never said anything like that.

Pretty sad that the only way you can take a shot at me is to make up stuff like this instead of addressing what I actually say.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 04:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Who really has that other than maybe Creed Humphrey?
I wouldn't want Myers.

I think Dickerson and Humphrey would be the two I'd keep an eye on. Quinn Meinerz could be a guy in the 3rd potentially after his really good senior bowl. 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 04:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Who really has that other than maybe Creed Humphrey?
I wouldn't want Myers.

Landon Dickerson comes to mind.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 02:54 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Fwiw, Ohio State boards are convinced Fields won't drop past the 49ers.

I'm as big a Buckeye fan as anyone. Fields has talent but not top 5 or even ten talent. 
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 02:52 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Essentially we are picking number one again if four qb's go before us

That's a good way of looking at it.
Reply/Quote
Actually if you go back, look at the games and check the stats (not PFF nonsense the actual stats from Pro Football Reference) you see some interesting things.

Miami was the last game we played where we had MJ in at Guard; XSF came back starting the next game and played through seasons end.

In the Miami game we gave up 6 sacks - it was also when Jordan got hurt so the line was flip flopped again.

In the 4 games after that we gave up a TOTAL of 2 sacks 9 hits and 11 pressures. And if you remember yes Finley made a big play and we won but be stunk back there as a passer. The Rat fiasco was more nonexistent run defense and badly depleted skill positions on offense where the O had no ability to sustain drives.

So....yes once we had XSF and Spain in at G the interior line improved in both run and pass protection.
Reply/Quote
Gonna be rough going for whichever QB the 49ers take. No 1st round picks the next 2 years to help him out. (I guess the 3rd rounder they gave up was a 3rd round comp pick?)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 02:35 PM)Synric Wrote: Dolphins just traded back up to 6 with the Eagles

they could have had #5 lol
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 04:44 PM)Tomcat Wrote:  If we do stay at 5 and Sewell is there he's got to be the pick and play him at guard, why else do you think they have not gone after Turner? Jonah, Sewell, Hopkins/Price, Spain and Rieff. Rieff on a 1 year contract and then Sewell moves to LT or RT next year. The only other option i like is the one above trading the pick and getting Slater and an extra 2nd. Slater, Bateman/Marshall and a DE.

I truly think the organization believes they have what they need on the line.  I think they believe they can get an OT in the 2nd round and let him develop under Pollacks watch and play with the guys they have this year.  

I mean if you look at our recent history of drafting OL is not very pleasant.   

Personally, I don't think we take Sewell or Slater.  I think we trade back into the 2nd round and take Chase with the 5th pick.  
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 04:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sorry to break it to you, but you can't seem to keep your story straight.

First you said it was impossible for the Bengals to improve the O-line, but now you seem to be admitting that replacing Hart with Reiff WAS an improvement.

Nope.  Never said anything like that.

Pretty sad that the only way you can take a shot at me is to make up stuff like this instead of addressing what I actually say.

Ok so you weren't satisfied and you agree with me. I'm not the one who can't keep my story straight. I've always said the Interior was the issue and I was in the belief Hart had improved and the focus should be on upgrading the interior first. How many times do we have to go back and forth on this as you seem to always agree with me on this.

Well you used to agree with me when you argued the same. But......

Now since people forgot the importance of building a team from the inside out, I'll try another argument. Very rarely does a team win a Superbowl with a top wideout. 

It seems like everyone has forgot all the rules. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 05:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they could have had #5 lol

Bengals want 5, but not for Pac 10 Sewell.   Bengals want SEC Burrow to Chase and if Chase gone, SEC TE or SEC Heisman WR.   SEC pass catcher at 5 with Green and Roos gone.  Burrow needs pass targets to avoid coverage sacks.  Burrow to Chase, they already have their timing down.  Oh how much better Mixon, Boyd, Higgins and Burrow will look with an elite SEC pass catcher added. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I don't think "coverage" sacks were the issue causing Burrow to get lit up so much his rookie year. But here we are.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I'm now setting the odds of us getting our choice between Sewell and Chase at approximately 90%.
Reply/Quote