Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dolphins trade #3 pick
Essentially we are picking number one again if four qb's go before us
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 02:46 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I'm hoping its Chase Burrow already has chemistry. Ive heard Chase called a generational talent with no flaws. Like prime Julio and AJ combined into 1 player.

Thinking Chase is the pick. 

I will be happy. Chase, then Meinerz G, then Patrick Jones DE, then Spencer Brown OT, then Nixon DT would be sweet.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 02:35 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Dolphins trade up to 6 with Eagles, Giving up 12 and a 2nd rd pick LOL

Dolphins treating this like Madden
Reply/Quote
Fwiw, Ohio State boards are convinced Fields won't drop past the 49ers.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 02:50 PM)Au165 Wrote: There is a belief Shannahan loves the guy, but who knows. They are claiming Jimmy G isn't going anywhere which could mean it's Trey Lance. 

Mac Jones is light years head in the mental department but Trey Lance fits Kyle Shanahan's offensive style. It's very QB friendly offense too.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 02:51 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Some of his throws are ridiculous. Very gifted thrower. Leaving his feet across his body, rolling left down field...insane

As much as people aww at this stuff, this is the kind of stuff people are told not to do in games for a reason. For every Mahomes who has gotten away with it, there have been a lot of other gun slingers who have tried it and sank their team with turnovers. 
Reply/Quote
If fours qb's go early, I would take Sewell. And then Pitts, 2nd option.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 02:56 PM)Au165 Wrote: As much as people aww at this stuff, this is the kind of stuff people are told not to do in games for a reason. For every Mahomes who has gotten away with it, there have been a lot of other gun slingers who have tried it and sank their team with turnovers. 

Yeah that is true. I think he is showing his skillset, and what he can do. Which is obvious but the reaction of the scouts on tv awing at the throws. He had 3 Ints all last year so it didn't get him in trouble in games but it certainly could.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 03:00 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Yeah that is true. I think he is showing his skillset, and what he can do. Which is obvious but the reaction of the scouts on tv awing at the throws. He had 3 Ints all last year so it didn't get him in trouble in games but it certainly could.

He never played a power 5 defense last year, the last time he played a power 5 defense in 2019 it did not end well. The skill gap and what he can get away with in college to the NFL will be night and day. 
Reply/Quote
So they really could be sitting there at #5 with Sewell, Chase, and Pitts staring them in the face.

Talk about Sophie's Choice.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 02:32 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Man, do I love what the Dolphins have done with their rebuild.

They now have TWO 1st round picks, TWO 2nd round picks and TWO 3rd round picks all coming in 2021.  They also have TWO first round picks in 2022, and TWO first round picks in 2023.

This is how you do it.  They got a quality coach hired for their rebuild and their GM immediately started moving players for draft capital.  They've since used that draft capital and turned into even more draft capital.  All in all, their use of both trades and the cap has been masterful.

Now take all of those picks listed above, and consider that they have a head coach who went 10-6 last season, and is 15-9 since starting 0-7 with a depleted roster that featured many of the trades referenced above.  The future looks very bright in Miami.

But hey, we got Zac Taylor, right?  And we got a 6th rounder for Carlos, so we're not doing to shabby ourselves.
Wes, this is how a really football front office operates.   We wouldn't know anything about that here in Cincinnati.   

If the Bengals were in the Dolphins position at 3, they would've never made this trade.  Even if Tua doesn't work out, you have 2 #1 picks in the next 2 drafts.  They're going to load up on talent.   You can always draft a QB next season if this season is a failure. 

While we sit here with Zac and try and decide hmmm do we want a OT that could potentially be good down the road...do we want to trade Gio and save some money....I can hear the front office now, "Oh Pollacks back we have plenty of talent he can mold into a cohesive group" we'll just use the draft to fill holes.  
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 02:32 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Man, do I love what the Dolphins have done with their rebuild.

They now have TWO 1st round picks, TWO 2nd round picks and TWO 3rd round picks all coming in 2021.  They also have TWO first round picks in 2022, and TWO first round picks in 2023.

This is how you do it.  They got a quality coach hired for their rebuild and their GM immediately started moving players for draft capital.  They've since used that draft capital and turned into even more draft capital.  All in all, their use of both trades and the cap has been masterful.

Now take all of those picks listed above, and consider that they have a head coach who went 10-6 last season, and is 15-9 since starting 0-7 with a depleted roster that featured many of the trades referenced above.  The future looks very bright in Miami.

But hey, we got Zac Taylor, right?  And we got a 6th rounder for Carlos, so we're not doing to shabby ourselves.

The Huge difference is to start building their capital they traded away their great young talent Minkah Fitzpatrick and Laremy Tunsil to acquire extra first round picks.

The Bengals would have had to trade away guys like Jessie Bates and Tyler Boyd to gain capital and still wouldnt have gotten what the dolphins pulled off.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 03:18 PM)Synric Wrote: The Huge difference is to start building their capital they traded away their great young talent Minkah Fitzpatrick and Laremy Tunsil to acquire extra first round picks.

The Bengals would have had to trade away guys like Jessie Bates and Tyler Boyd to gain capital and still wouldnt have gotten what the dolphins pulled off.

And it would of been stupid to do that.

BTW, I think us trading back might be more of a possibility now.

Just saw the vid of Pollack working out Vera-Tucker, best Guard prospect in the class.
Reply/Quote
The same people defending this FA period are the same people calling for Pitts/Chase.

If this FA period was as successful as they say, then those would be options. Unfortunately, it wasn't and thus a pick other then Sewell will be panned everywhere, and the lack of protection and focus on the Oline will be the story heading into the season. We saw this when they went with Higgins over an Olineman at 33 last year. It isn't like them ignoring the line didn't just happen last offseason to horrific results. Have folks forgot?

You want the luxury pick? Do what the Charges did for their star QB. For them, the draft is open. For us, there's calls to make the same mistake we've made over the years, which is going for the shiny toy while our QB gets destroyed.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 03:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: The same people defending this FA period are the same people calling for Pitts/Chase.

If this FA period was as successful as they say, then those would be options. Unfortunately, it wasn't and thus a pick other then Sewell will be panned everywhere, and the lack of protection and focus on the Oline will be the story.

You want the luxury pick? Do what the Charges did for their star QB. For them, the draft is open. For us, there's calls to make the same mistake we've made over the years, which is going for the shiny toy while our QB gets destroyed.

Just cause we pick Sewell doesn't mean he will single handedly make our OL tops either.

You cannot just be stuck on one player as we have seen time and time again in the first round, especially with OL.

Og, Price and then Jonah got hurt his rookie year, the draft is a crap shoot man and there are good OL after the first.

We have to have a WR that can separate and we have to have a good OL to give Burrow time. We can do this with Chase or
Pitts in the first and OL afterwards. Same if we went Sewell in the first and a speedster later...

There just isn't as good of WR's as Chase later IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 03:01 PM)Au165 Wrote: He never played a power 5 defense last year, the last time he played a power 5 defense in 2019 it did not end well. The skill gap and what he can get away with in college to the NFL will be night and day. 

Again alot of the wow throws he was making in his pro day he does NOT attempt in game (at least not from the tape I've seen). It was more of a showcase for scouts teams to show his skillset, arm strength, footwork etc. etc
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 03:36 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Again alot of the wow throws he was making in his pro day he does NOT attempt in game (at least not from the tape I've seen). It was more of a showcase for scouts teams to show his skillset, arm strength, footwork etc. etc

Yea, he loves that off-platform backside throw. He got intercepted in 2019 against Washington trying that in the red zone. I have serious concerns about the guy just because his best year was the one year he never played good defenses. 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 02:46 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Holy shit.

So what we're left with is that basically the Dolphins ended up with an extra 1st round pick in 2023 and an extra 3rd round pick this year (2021) by moving down 3 spots and swapping mid round picks?

Not a bad deal if they honestly didn't care who they got out of Sewell/Chase/Pitts. 

Presumably they made sure that the 49ers were trading up for a QB and figured that meant one of those 3 were guaranteed to be there at 6.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I think Sewell was always there, trade or not. "Oh, let's get a speed guy, someone who can get open." Bump all that. Boyd looked good with Dalton, whom some hated. Higgins is pretty damn good and so are the backs. Poor O-line will hurt this team more than the skill positions we have now.

Patrick "MVP" Mahomes, Travis "TE record" Kelce, and Tyreek "I'm your speed daddy" Hill took an L in the Super Bowl, in no small part, due to the O-line looking Bengals-like. Russell Wilson, was up in arms over getting hit a bunch. DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett were money and not the cause of that.

Sewell might be a Pro Bowler, and average player or a bust. Being the Bengals, there's a good chance bad things happen, regardless. Just using the pick on something that isn't a NEED, a position that is not the worst thing on the team and hoping lower rated players are going to be better than advertised seems foolish.

Best protection available will be better for Burrow than another "weapon." Get him broken up again and these young WRs can try to catch a 2 yard out route from whatever QB we draft in the 6th round out of the University of Lower Michigan College of Fishing and Agriculture.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 03:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yea, he loves that off-platform backside throw. He got intercepted in 2019 against Washington trying that in the red zone. I have serious concerns about the guy just because his best year was the one year he never played good defenses. 

You would hope coaching would eliminate some of the "bad" tendencies which every prospect has. I've heard numerous scouts state he is the most pro ready, and the small school thing should not be a concern. We shall find out once he gets drafted and how he adapts.
Reply/Quote