Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dolphins trade #3 pick
I'm not sure this is the appropriate thread to put this but frankly I don't care.  Take a look at this throw by Wilson.

[img] <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> [/img]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 06:32 PM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: Lol yeah,when the rams signed aged whitworth they thought he had little left. Played 3 years. And whitworth was older. 

Whitworth at his old age was much better than current Reiff, and Reiff is on a 1 year deal. Rams signed Whitworth to a 3 year deal.

It’s not even the same thing

Reiff isn’t our Whitworth
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 06:38 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Whitworth at his old age was much better than current Reiff, and Reiff is on a 1 year deal. Rams signed Whitworth to a 3 year deal.

It’s not even the same thing

Reiff isn’t our Whitworth

Ok but let's not act like we will only have him 1 year,we don't know,and for this year right tackle is covered. 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 05:42 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Look at how many elite weapons Rodgers and Allen have and get back at me. Josh Allen has 1. Rodgers has 1, and a solid tight end.

Other than that, those qb’s don’t have much. Rodgers benefits from a great running game. Josh Allen has to carry the load and throw to 1 guy. Beasley is an ok slot possession player

Both those teams made the conference championships.

And let’s not act like Mahomes is surrounded with great weapons. He has 2 elite guys, and then a bunch of average replaceable players

Well, Burrow has 0 elite weapons.  Besides which, why would you want to build your team based off the philosophy of a couple of teams that were conference runner ups instead of champions?  

John Brown has 2 1000 yard seasons, which would make him a WR1 to most people on these boards if his name was Tyler Boyd.  He was the Bills' #3 WR last year after coming off a '19 season where he had more yards than Boyd's career high.  Look at Beasley's separation stats and look at Boyd's and tell me who's a better slot WR.  These "disposable guys" you're dismissing are better than the guys we're saying are WR1's.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 05:51 PM)Daymack Wrote: Funny, Mahomes looked average (or less than average) in the Super Bowl when he had an O-Line like the Bengals

He didn't look average during the regular season or in those two playoff games he won to get to the SB, did he?
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 06:43 PM)Whatever Wrote: Well, Burrow has 0 elite weapons.  Besides which, why would you want to build your team based off the philosophy of a couple of teams that were conference runner ups instead of champions?  

John Brown has 2 1000 yard seasons, which would make him a WR1 to most people on these boards if his name was Tyler Boyd.  He was the Bills' #3 WR last year after coming off a '19 season where he had more yards than Boyd's career high.  Look at Beasley's desperation stats and look at Boyd's and tell me who's a better slot WR.  These "disposable guys" you're dismissing are better than the guys we're saying are WR1's.  

If JB has zero elite weapons, then why are we paying Mixon?
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 05:39 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I get that but the front office should want to draft players with a higher % of panning out into good NFL players. A first round tackle has a higher hit rate than a 2nd round tackle. I really don’t care how deep this draft class is.

They have to do their best to get it right.

And I want tackle because Jonah’s history should worry all of you

Recent Bengals history says 2nd round prospects have a higher chance of planning out than 1st round prospects.

How about we look at the prospects instead of the percentage of chance they will succeed. Which is the worst way to Draft Players.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 06:43 PM)Whatever Wrote: Well, Burrow has 0 elite weapons.  Besides which, why would you want to build your team based off the philosophy of a couple of teams that were conference runner ups instead of champions?  

John Brown has 2 1000 yard seasons, which would make him a WR1 to most people on these boards if his name was Tyler Boyd.  He was the Bills' #3 WR last year after coming off a '19 season where he had more yards than Boyd's career high.  Look at Beasley's desperation stats and look at Boyd's and tell me who's a better slot WR.  These "disposable guys" you're dismissing are better than the guys we're saying are WR1's.  

Lmao this post. So naive

Ok look at the chiefs 2 seasons ago. 2 elite options. Everyone else is meh. Sammy Watkins is an average number 2 who can’t stay healthy.

Tyler Boyd is an ELITE slot receiver. Ask Tom Brady how important Wes Welker was. Chris Godwin is a terrific slot receiver

John Brown was horrific last season. Don’t give me John Brown lmaoo

And when John brown was healthy in 2020, HE STUNK

Beasley had his best year because Josh Allen is a monster. Simple as that, and the bills have poor weapons. Diggs is a top receiver, and that’s pretty much it. Gabriel Davis isn’t very good, and neither is Dawson Knox.

Why do we have posters in this board who are severely underrating Boyd and Higgins? This is ridiculous
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 06:36 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: It doesn’t have to be Sewell, it can be the other tackle if cincy has him rated higher. Or if we move back in the first round we can grab the other first round tackle. I do not care

Bengals don’t need a new number 1 receiver when they currently have Boyd and Higgins. All you need is a number 3 kind of talent.

Bengals should not be fine with starting hobbled Hopkins and XSF. They just shouldn’t. You also need to fill the Reiff hole in 2022. You also have to account for Jonah Williams getting hurt.

If Mohammed sanu’s doppelganger is there in round 3 or later, take him, because that’s all you need. A guy who is the 3rd option who won’t see number 1 coverage.

Bengals must prioritize offensive line early in this draft if they want to see the playoffs since the last time they had a good offensive line

All for trading back too and doing what you say here. Darrisaw/Slater/Vera-Tucker would all be great with me.

But there are also OT's like Eichenberg and Cosmi I love just as much that most likely will be around in the 2nd round.

Also very good Guards like Meinerz and Jackson Carman and a couple good Centers in Creed Humphrey and Dickerson.

Just saying there are lots of ways to go about it and getting an OL in the first round doesn't fix everything there are other 
routes we can take. I like us getting a weapon like Chase or Pitts with how deep this OL class is. If this wasn't a deep class
I would be right with you. I expect them to re-sign Reiff if he has a good season BTW. These one year deals are happening
everywhere, this is a weird year for it. Next year will be the year of long extensions.
Reply/Quote

Exactly , I don't know what he doesn't get. Tyler Boyd is not a good outside receiver,slot only. Then we got higgins and a bunch of nobodies left. What if higgins or boyd gets hurt like he's saying for o line. Then our offense will be dreadful to watch. And he's talking about sanu clone in the 3rd,another receiver who couldn't get separation.  I'll let him keep pounding the table for Sewell I just don't see it happening  I see a trade back to get vera tucker before them drafting sewell ,even if he's there. 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 06:45 PM)Whatever Wrote: He didn't look average during the regular season or in those two playoff games he won to get to the SB, did he?

THATS BECAUSE HIS OFFENSIVE LINE WAS HEALTHY

He still was only throwing to 2 guys. Everyone one else on that offense is textbook JAG (just another guy)
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 06:46 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: If JB has zero elite weapons, then why are we paying Mixon?

Good question.

Mixon isn't elite and never has been.  
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 06:45 PM)Whatever Wrote: He didn't look average during the regular season or in those two playoff games he won to get to the SB, did he?

Fisher got hurt in afc championship game. Not saying that was the only reason he struggled. TB had a great defensive game plan all the way around. They blanketed cheetah and David took kelce out one on one. 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 06:53 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Good question.

He could be if he played with a line that was average at least

Problem is he’s played behind garbage ever since his rookie year
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 06:54 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Fisher got hurt in afc championship game. Not saying that was the only reason he struggled. TB had a great defensive game plan all the way around. They blanketed cheetah and David took kelce out one on one. 

Not only Fisher, but their other pro bowl tackle on the right side was out as well.

No wonder the chiefs couldn’t move the ball
Reply/Quote
The O-line class is deep? So settle for the 10th best available for your #1OA in 2020, future of the franchise, star QB and hope for the best? Nope. Protect him and have faith he can get the ball in the hands of receivers. Considering what he is done, I'd say he is capable of that. I'm sure he could complete a few to me on a crossing route. I may need to leave the stadium in an ambulance, but Burrow could get me the ball.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 06:53 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Good question.

He had one very good year. He was elite that season. I didn't want us to draft Mixon fyi. 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 05:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If burrow is the elite QB we think he his he doesnt need elite targets.  He does need protection though

[Image: 53bkck.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 06:50 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: THATS BECAUSE HIS OFFENSIVE LINE WAS HEALTHY

He still was only throwing to 2 guys. Everyone one else on that offense is textbook JAG (just another guy)

Uh, no, his starting LG and RT went down early in the season.
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow is pounding the Table for Ja'Marr Chase. The writing is one the wall people better fire up google and look further the #1 Offensive line Prospect.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote