Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dolphins wanted Burrow really, really bad…

When this didn’t work they reportedly called and offered us 3 1st rounders. We promptly hung up.

https://www.nfl.com/news/dolphins-were-willing-to-give-up-multiple-first-round-picks-in-2020-nfl-draft-fo

And I for one - couldn’t be more happy that we did. Big Grin

[Image: 220131095749-01-joe-burrow-chain-bengals...735&ssl=11]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(02-01-2022, 07:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
When this didn’t work they reportedly called and offered us 3 1st rounders. We promptly hung up.

https://www.nfl.com/news/dolphins-were-willing-to-give-up-multiple-first-round-picks-in-2020-nfl-draft-fo

And I for one - couldn’t be more happy that we did. Big Grin

[Image: 220131095749-01-joe-burrow-chain-bengals...735&ssl=11]

I guess they been watching too much of that Draft Day movie.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

I sometimes wonder what would happen had Burrow never transferred, was taken probably in like the 6th and we selected probably Tua instead, it doesnt bear thinking about.
So tempted to retweet some Dolphins fan tweets from January-April 2020.
Everything in this post is my fault.
(02-01-2022, 07:56 PM)Big Boss Wrote: So tempted to retweet some Dolphins fan tweets from January-April 2020.

Meh. You can make anyone look dumb about the NFL by bringing up old stuff. If you go back about ~200 pages compared to now we look like idiots.
Malik Wright really hit it on the head:

https://twitter.com/Wrightreportt/status/1488644397281513472

We're fortunate to have an owner with integrity. Say what you want: Mike Brown would never pull this shit.
"Surprise meeting with 'prominent quarterback' on yacht

The suit also alleges that "Mr. Ross began to pressure Mr. Flores to recruit a prominent quarterback in violation of League tampering rules" following the 2019 season. It describes a scene in which Ross allegedly invited Flores to his yacht for a lunch meeting. When Flores arrived, he was informed that the "prominent quarterback" was also joining the meeting, per the suit, prompting Flores to refuse the meeting and leave "immediately."

The suit claims that from that point on "Mr. Flores was ostracized and ultimately he was fired." The "prominent quarterback" is not named in the suit. The suit claims that the Dolphins subsequently defamed Flores in media and league circles as difficult to work with after firing him."

I hope Joe doesnt get distracted and dragged into his bullshit

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/brian-flores-sues-nfl-giants-claiming-racial-discrimination-in-hiring-process-211356727.html
From what I've read, this stinks of a "settling out of court" suit.
NFL wont like the allegations of tanking though, if he has that in writing Ross is screwed.
Cincinnati legend Brian Flores.
(02-01-2022, 07:48 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: I sometimes wonder what would happen had Burrow never transferred

Right, because at that time in the Urban Meyer offense the QB that could run the ball best was most definitely getting the nod.  Burrow made the right decision to transfer to a team that committed to changing everything that they had ever been about, just to allow him to grow and flourish into the Field General that we see today. (this is coming from a lifelong OSU homer, btw)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(02-01-2022, 08:17 PM)GodFather Wrote: "Surprise meeting with 'prominent quarterback' on yacht

The suit also alleges that "Mr. Ross began to pressure Mr. Flores to recruit a prominent quarterback in violation of League tampering rules" following the 2019 season. It describes a scene in which Ross allegedly invited Flores to his yacht for a lunch meeting. When Flores arrived, he was informed that the "prominent quarterback" was also joining the meeting, per the suit, prompting Flores to refuse the meeting and leave "immediately."

The suit claims that from that point on "Mr. Flores was ostracized and ultimately he was fired." The "prominent quarterback" is not named in the suit. The suit claims that the Dolphins subsequently defamed Flores in media and league circles as difficult to work with after firing him."

I hope Joe doesnt get distracted and dragged into his bullshit

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/brian-flores-sues-nfl-giants-claiming-racial-discrimination-in-hiring-process-211356727.html

I doubt it. I don’t think Joe is the prominent QB because he wouldn’t fall under that category being undrafted at the time. It’s likely a QB who was under contract for another team. Guessing Deshaun Watson
Also, it sounds like Belicheck was messing with him. That kind of guy doesnt seem like the type to mix up people unless it was just multiple "Brian" contacts in his phone
(02-01-2022, 08:49 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I doubt it. I don’t think Joe is the prominent QB because he wouldn’t fall under that category being undrafted at the time. It’s likely a QB who was under contract for another team. Guessing Deshaun Watson

Apparently its not Watson. It was 2019. Watson wasn’t having any issues with the Texans then and it was until after the 2020 season that Watson demanded a trade. Burrow was a nobody. Brady?
(02-01-2022, 08:49 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I doubt it. I don’t think Joe is the prominent QB because he wouldn’t fall under that category being undrafted at the time. It’s likely a QB who was under contract for another team. Guessing Deshaun Watson

Or Brady his contract expired with the Patriots in March 2020. So there were a few months there where meeting with him would have been tampering.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
(02-01-2022, 08:51 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: Also, it sounds like Belicheck was messing with him. That kind of guy doesnt seem like the type to mix up people unless it was just multiple "Brian" contacts in his phone

And BB didn’t strike me as someone who would text in that fashion, using multiple !!! And ???. Stuff like that.
(02-01-2022, 08:52 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: Apparently its not Watson.

Hmm. I just don’t think it’s Joe because he wouldn’t fall under the tampering clause. No clue who it would be though,
(02-01-2022, 08:54 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Hmm. I just don’t think it’s Joe because he wouldn’t fall under the tampering clause. No clue who it would be though,

This is what Burrow was known as at the time. Maybe it could be Aaron Rodgers? It would be like if Nate Stanley or some other nobody B1G QB was on the yacht. It doesnt make sense.
(02-01-2022, 08:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Right, because at that time in the Urban Meyer offense the QB that could run the ball best was most definitely getting the nod.  Burrow made the right decision to transfer to a team that committed to changing everything that they had ever been about, just to allow him to grow and flourish into the Field General that we see today. (this is coming from a lifelong OSU homer, btw)

Haskins wasn’t exactly a runner. He was just better at the time and had a better season.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-01-2022, 07:48 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: I sometimes wonder what would happen had Burrow never transferred, was taken probably in like the 6th and we selected probably Tua instead, it doesnt bear thinking about.

From everything I read at the time it was Burrow or Herbert for the Bengals after the Senior Bowl.

Glad they took Burrow even though I was on team trade down at the time as I was worried they'd get him killed (which they kinda did) but he bounced back from the injury like no one expected.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20220201-183629-Opera.jpg]