Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Expect A Miracle Upset Win At Denver
(11-16-2017, 12:15 PM)corpjet Wrote: Im hoping for a loss, the higher the draft pick the better and another nail in Marvin's coffin.....

I think I may have reached that point as well. I found myself subconsciously hoping that the Titans would score on their final drive last week. And not a single loss this season has stung as much as years past. 

We all see the writing on the wall: the more losses, the more likely it is that Marvin doesn't come back. And for the sake of our future, that needs to happen ASAP. 
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 12:18 PM)BMK Wrote:  I read somewhere that Mile High gets about 2.0 when a team travels from the east, so really they have it almost even. 

I'm saying Bengals by 6. Something about a blind squirrel.....

That makes Denver's default home advantage 4.5 points. If they're only 2.5 point favorites it's a dead heat.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 10:05 AM)kevin Wrote: Denver defense against our offensive line.  OgBooHe getting blown away every play this season is in for a long day.  So are Fisher, Bodine and the rest.   ...When we run, Denver will not be blocked....When we dink pass, Denver will be all over it.....When Dalton tries to pass down field OgBooHe, Fisher, Bodine will be knocked backwards as Denver is all over Dalton worse than Steelers, worse than Colts, worse than Jaguars. ...Denver Broncos might just hand us a shutout, unless our defense scores.  

Peko and Von Miller steam rolling into our backfield and of course because our O Line has been getting steam rolled all season.  Bengals O Line vs Broncos defense in Denver with their loud 12th man fans. Dalton will be running for his life.  This may be like Jacksonville where Marvin is happy just to punt the entire 4th quarter and call it a day early.

That's all true, but the same can be said that our D line should be all over their shitty Oline and in Osweilers lap all day. So things are about even. Hopefully the thin air puts the advantage to the Broncos and Merv is one loss closer to being gone....
Reply/Quote
You guys are a better team than Denver.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 02:16 PM)packerbacker Wrote: You guys are a better team than Denver.

Man, don't be jinxing us with a win....
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 02:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Man, don't be jinxing us with a win....

You guys beat us up in Lambeau. Mistakes cost you guys. Your a better team.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 12:15 PM)corpjet Wrote: Im hoping for a loss, the higher the draft pick the better and another nail in Marvin's coffin.....

My feelings exactly
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 02:33 PM)packerbacker Wrote: You guys beat us up in Lambeau. Mistakes cost you guys. Your a better team.

Yeah, but right now we don't want any excuse for MB to bring back Lewis for another year......
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 12:29 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote:  If they're only 2.5 point favorites it's a dead heat.

That's what I'm sayin'. 
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 01:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's all true, but the same can be said that our D line should be all over their shitty Oline and in Osweilers lap all day. So things are about even. Hopefully the thin air puts the advantage to the Broncos and Merv is one loss closer to being gone....

It's not all true... Fisher's not even playing. He may have a long day, but it won't be football related.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
We could easily beat this team. Picked Denver to win but it should be close. Actually hope we don't win.

Hoping we lose out but the Broncos have looked like crap since they beat the Cowboys. Their QB play has been terrible
especially Osweiler who is not the same QB he was when he filled in for Peyton. They have a lot of great weapons in the
passing game but both Bolles their OT and CJ Anderson their RB have been banged up. Charles is not what he once was.

Sure, they have a great WR duo in Thomas and Sanders but we should slow down their Offense if we can stop the run.

Billings is starting to get his feet wet. We should see more of Lawson and Willis as the season goes on and less MJ.

We have been getting some big plays as of late on Offense too with Green, Lafell, Kroft and Mixon in the passing game.

If it were me i would line up Hewitt at H-back all game pound them and go Play Action, simple to beating this team.

But like i said picked us to lose and want us to lose so Marv and PA are gone.
Reply/Quote
My concern about Denver is Geno's status. Doesn't he have a health issue that makes it more difficult/dangerous for him to play there?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 04:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My concern about Denver is Geno's status. Doesn't he have a health issue that makes it more difficult/dangerous for him to play there?

Yeah, sickle cell trait i think.

Definately limits his snaps in these games. Probably see more of Billings and Glasgow out there, maybe even Tapou.
Reply/Quote
SunsetBengal Wrote:What's the over/under on Bodine getting steamrolled by Peko?  That will be the highlight of the game..

Peko steamrolling Bodine? Yes, please. And should that result in Dalton being sacked, I sincerely hope Peko does a big ol' belly dance. That'd make all the highlights.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 05:32 PM)snowy Wrote: Peko steamrolling Bodine? Yes, please. And should that result in Dalton being sacked, I sincerely hope Peko does a big ol' belly dance. That'd make all the highlights.

Well if he follows the history of other Bengals former linemen, he will roll Andy's knee.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

Is there room enough in that coffin for Mikey Boy?
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 05:46 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well if he follows the history of other Bengals former linemen, he will roll Andy's knee.  

Great, now you've just given the McCarron Mob something to hope for. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Our chances of winning this game are somewhere close to a snowballs chance in HE double hockey sticks. Denver's defense is better than ours and I'd even give their O a slight advantage.

It won't be a high scoring game but we'll come out on bottom on the road. And I really hope we do !
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 09:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Why would a win in Denver be a miracle, they have the same record, and the same problems, that we do.... plus they don't really have a QB. Not saying we win, but in this upcoming suckfest, one truly horrible team will win. If it's the Bengals, it won't be any miracle.

(11-16-2017, 09:59 AM)Nately120 Wrote: How miraculous can a win over a Brock Osweiller-led team that is currently on a 5-game losing streak that started by losing to the 2nd worst team in the NFL?

I'm more likely to warn people to not think a win over the Broncos means anything has changed for the better for the Bengals.

These posts are about where I'm at. Not only are the Broncos on a 5 game losing streak, they've also lost each of those games by a comfortable margin. The only reasons I think the Bengals will lose are (1) the Broncos have a respectable run game, (2) they're at home and (3) Von Miller is sure to have fun with our line. We've also developed a habit of allowing easy completions over the middle, but Osweiler might be the only QB who can't take advantage.

This game could go either way, but I'm leaning Broncos...slightly. Don't get too excited if we win though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 07:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote:  Don't get too excited if we win though.

But...but...if we win, then come home and beat Cleveland, then steal a win from the Steerlers, we're back in this thing at 6-6!

Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey

Sarcasm , unfortunately.

This team hasn't won in Denver since 1975.  I was at a Denver pre-season game this year when they hosted GB, and it felt like a playoff game.  There were only 2,000 empty seats, and those no-shows were lustily booed by those in attendance.  Crazy place, I cant imagine what it's like a for a real game.

Donkeys 27
Bengals 13
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote