Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Expect A Miracle Upset Win At Denver
(11-16-2017, 09:27 AM)jason Wrote: The Bengals will win... Can't have too decent a draft pick or a total housecleaning of the coaching staff now can we?

In other news, I just locked my keys in my truck.

$75

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
If the Broncos want to win they should start Siemian. Last year he torched us for 312 4 td's and no Int's.

I remember after the game the sports shows were doing stories on how Siemian could be the next great thing. Its never good to use our team as a measuring stick for a young or rookie QB
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 07:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: These posts are about where I'm at. Not only are the Broncos on a 5 game losing streak, they've also lost each of those games by a comfortable margin. The only reasons I think the Bengals will lose are (1) the Broncos have a respectable run game, (2) they're at home and (3) Von Miller is sure to have fun with our line. We've also developed a habit of allowing easy completions over the middle, but Osweiler might be the only QB who can't take advantage.

This game could go either way, but I'm leaning Broncos...slightly. Don't get too excited if we win though.

Pretty much.  Both teams are clearly in the throes of a so-so to awful season.  In such cases I go with the better QB, but the Broncos are at home and our line is so bad that it makes our QB far less effective than he should be.  What fun. 
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 10:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Pretty much.  Both teams are clearly in the throes of a so-so to awful season.  In such cases I go with the better QB, but the Broncos are at home and our line is so bad that it makes our QB far less effective than he should be.  What fun. 

Clearly we're destined for a thriller.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 11:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Clearly we're destined for a thriller.

I’m painting a table Sunday in the mancave. Who’s coming over to watch it dry?

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 09:44 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: But...but...if we win, then come home and beat Cleveland, then steal a win from the Steerlers, we're back in this thing at 6-6!

Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey

Sarcasm , unfortunately.

This team hasn't won in Denver since 1975.  I was at a Denver pre-season game this year when they hosted GB, and it felt like a playoff game.  There were only 2,000 empty seats, and those no-shows were lustily booed by those in attendance.  Crazy place, I cant imagine what it's like a for a real game.

Donkeys 27
Bengals 13

All the pie in the sky.....yes, unfortunately....you have Denver 27, Bengals 13.  ...You must be giving our defense a touchdown, our offense won't get any.....We agree on a Denver win....as for the Steelers in a few weeks,  Steelers 60, Bengals 0......Steelers are a Super Bowl Team this year and Bengals are a Toilet Bowl Team this year.  Bengals have no business on same field with a team like Steelers in 2017.   Bengals are going to take some real beatings before this season over.   Hopefully Dalton doesn't get badly injured with no blocking. ....Don't be surprised if Hue doesn't beat Marvin as even Browns beat us......Well, none of the coaches are signed for a reason. All new coaches across the board in 2018 seems to be in the works all along.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 10:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: $75

$900 bucks an hour.  Not bad.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 05:32 PM)snowy Wrote: Peko steamrolling Bodine? Yes, please. And should that result in Dalton being sacked, I sincerely hope Peko does a big ol' belly dance. That'd make all the highlights.

peko is only good for 1 splash play a game.
Reply/Quote
For Sunday I'll be watching at my sister's though I don't expect a win. Cleveland played pretty decently against the Lions last week, so that would mean it's 50/50 they win in Cincinnati. And then ... would it really help if they lost out and got the draft pick? Probably not. It's another year of the Steelers or Patriots playing for the AFC in another staged Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 03:00 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: For Sunday I'll be watching at my sister's though I don't expect a win. Cleveland played pretty decently against the Lions last week, so that would mean it's 50/50 they win in Cincinnati. And then ... would it really help if they lost out and got the draft pick? Probably not. It's another year of the Steelers or Patriots playing for the AFC in another staged Super Bowl.

Of course it would, we could stick a fork in Marv and have a better shot at a once in awhile talent with a higher pick.

Hoping we lose out, doubt it though.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 10:37 AM)kevin Wrote: All the pie in the sky.....yes, unfortunately....you have Denver 27, Bengals 13.  ...You must be giving our defense a touchdown, our offense won't get any.....

Three Fat Randy upright-huggers and two safeties.  Yes, two.  Denver sucks too, just not as bigly as we do.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
This is a strange thread. I don't think anybody would expect a win at Cleveland right now, much less Denver.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 08:35 PM)Utts Wrote: This is a strange thread. I don't think anybody would expect a win at Cleveland right now, much less Denver.

You are a strange bird.

Have lost a few games this season late that we easily could of won, this is on Marv.

This team is held back by the coaches and it is extremely easy to see. The Broncos suck too.

Doubt we lose to the Clowns in our place in a game that doesn't matter.

We usually win when it DOESN'T matter and lose when it DOES matter under Marvin Lewis.
Reply/Quote
How many of us can try and not watch the debacle that is the Bengals this afternoon? I have a bad feeling that even if we were the Browns (winless), we'd still be watching.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 08:03 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: How many of us can try and not watch the debacle that is the Bengals this afternoon? I have a bad feeling that even if we were the Browns (winless), we'd still be watching.

It's pretty easy when you're just watching a sporting event and you have no emotional attachment. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 08:03 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: How many of us can try and not watch the debacle that is the Bengals this afternoon? I have a bad feeling that even if we were the Browns (winless), we'd still be watching.

It's what we do. Although the Nets are playing at the same time. Yes that's awful too.
Reply/Quote
Any team with Brock Osweiler as the QB has a shot to lose. And their defense has underperformed.

Not getting any hopes up though.
Reply/Quote

Like a bad accident, you do want to see it but can not help from looking. 

Expect Peko to have good day and gets a belly dance or two in, 

yet the Bengals win 9-6

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 08:35 PM)Utts Wrote: This is a strange thread. I don't think anybody would expect a win at Cleveland right now, much less Denver.

TBH, your right. Not sure we can beat Cleveland again. 

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 07:44 AM)kevin Wrote: Bengal Fans never get it.  Over the years I've seen posts on here that we should win at Denver so easy.  Most NFL Fans know that Denver is a hard place to play.  They have a true home field advantage.  We can start with Mile High and how high up it is and the difference in air.  Visiting teams go there and they become short of breath and fatigued.  Many players have said it really takes it toll in the second half.  ....Then there are the Denver Fans.  Always very loud, twice the noise of an at Cincinnati Game.  Many at Denver games I have seen the camera shaking and the TV picture shaking in the 4th quarter and this is due to the stadium is actually shaking from Denver Fans stomping and yelling. THAT makes it also very hard for visiting teams.....So even when Denver has a bad team, which isn't often, they are still in a hard place for visiting teams to play.

We have Denver who's offense has also been struggling.  Maybe more due to the QB than the O Line problems Bengals have.  The Broncos defense which should have been the best in NFL is not up to expectations, maybe due to lack of offense.  We see this with a very good Bengals defense forced to be on the field more due to no offense.  I would say the Bengals awful offensive line is just what the doctor ordered for the Broncos defense.  Look for O.G.BooHe to get destroyed again as Denver blows up our O Line all game.  This means no offense for Dalton, Green, Mixon and others due to no blocking.  Denver is just the defense to destroy our O Line.  On the other side our defense will get fatigued being on the field so much in Mile High.  Denver has running and receivers and blocking enough to beat us.  

So don't expect a miracle upset win in Denver.  At least go into this game as Fans knowing that Denver is one of the hardest stadiums in the NFL to play every year,  and that although Denver is struggling they are still a better team than Bengals are.  I see no reason for Fans to think we are catching Broncos at right time. I see us as going to Denver where Bengals always lose, but with even less chance of winning with no blocking.  Denvers Defense destroys Bengals offensive line all game long.  At least go into this knowing Bengals never win at Denver.  The 2017 Bengals chances are very slim. Add In John Elway and football people in their owners box and Mike Brown and his family of lawyers in ours, and throw in their coach probably out coaching Marvin. I hear not one coach is signed for 2018, which means there is no commitment to anything the Bengals are doing.  .....Lets go into this game knowing Bengals are the huge underdogs and that even good Bengals teams over the 50 years have lost at Denver.

Bengals 20
broncos 17
we're back in the playoff picture....
Reply/Quote