Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Expect A Miracle Upset Win At Denver
I guess miracles do happen.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
That's no miracle....it's merely the Dead Cat Bounce. Propelling us once again to the eventual 7-10 draft spot....where we shall choose a TE!
Reply/Quote
The play of the game was Dre K's near pick-six because it created a six point swing in the Bengals' favor. He also knocked away that last pass to ice it. The defense is playoff quality, but the offense couldn't run their way through a broken picket fence.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 09:54 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: The play of the game was Dre K's near pick-six because it created a six point swing in the Bengals' favor. He also knocked away that last pass to ice it. The defense is playoff quality, but the offense couldn't run their way through a broken picket fence.

Hilarious

Reply/Quote
Was it an upset?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I didn't like how conservative the Bengals got with just under 2 minutes remaining. 3rd and 11 and they didn't even try for the first down but no complaints cause they won. I just want to see more aggressiveness in the future.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 09:54 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: The play of the game was Dre K's near pick-six because it created a six point swing in the Bengals' favor. He also knocked away that last pass to ice it. The defense is playoff quality, but the offense couldn't run their way through a broken picket fence.

In some games the defense is. Denver has a horrible, horrible offense.

Our offense is pathetic.

Denver still had over 35 minutes of TOP to our 25. 20 1st downs to 12.

Total yards 341 to 190. Not going to win a lot of games under those circumstances.
Reply/Quote
I told you guys the Bengals we're going to win. Just listen to me for once guys, the Bengals are a good football team better than their record.
Reply/Quote
I almost skipped the game today. Sort of made up my mind to go ahead and go at the last second. The past two losses really made me want to punt the rest of the season. But then I saw what a shit season the Broncos are having. I thought they'd be in a dog fight with the Raiders for that division. But that whole division has been a mess this season. KC lost to the Giants?

I'm happy we won today, but I'm not 100% certain that we beat the Browns next week. If we don't play well, they are capable of beating us. If there was a trap game on our schedule, this is it.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Crow might be endangered soon
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 03:52 AM)packerbacker Wrote: I told you guys the Bengals we're going to win. Just listen to me for once guys, the Bengals are a good football team better than their record.

The Bengals had 190 total yards on offense. They are NOT a GOOD foortball team.

They are a mediocre team in a mediocre conference that just beat a team that lost 6 in a row.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 10:54 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals had 190 total yards on offense. They are NOT a GOOD foortball team.

They are a mediocre team in a mediocre conference that just beat a team that lost 6 in a row.
You guys will be fine. You can turn it around.
Reply/Quote
OK. I was wrong. Bengals got a win in Denver, which is a good road win, even this year.

For my punishment I must sing or type an ode to Mike Brown for ever doubting him.

Did you ever know that you're my hero
You're everything, dah, duh, dah, duh
something about an eagle
YOU ARE THE WIND BENEATH MY WINGS

There, that hurt even to type it. My punishment for saying Bengals couldn't win at Denver. A suck up song dedication to Mike Brown.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 10:54 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals had 190 total yards on offense. They are NOT a GOOD foortball team.

You are right.   We are NOT a good football team.  I'm not sure they are mediocre.    They can't run the ball, the interior O-Line is the worst in the league.   The defense is a very poor tackling unit overall - there are a few who can tackle.  The defensive backs cannot shed a block to save their life.

I mean we have some really good players, and some mediocre players.  And they are really badly coached.

Marvin needs to go, PA needs to go, and probably Lazor needs to go.   I'm not a huge fan of Koyle either.

Pistons is right.   We barely beat a time that lost 6 in a row.  This was not getting over the hump.

And for the record.  I'd take the two best interior linemen in this draft 1 and 2.  As badly as we need upgrades on the edges, Tackle has become a secondary need relative to the interior O-line.  Which is just unbelievable.

I have no problem getting a defensive minded coach.   Look at the job Zim is doing.  But whoever it is better have a first rate mind and the ability to lead.   
Reply/Quote
It is true we are not a good football team and nobody should be excited after this win. We still have the same problems
we had before this game, cannot run the football, our O-line still is not very good in pass protection, we cannot get stops
on 3rd downs on Defense as often as we should. Playing way too passive on both sides of the ball.

I want us to lose out so we can surely be rid of Marv and hopefully clean the slate and start fresh.

We have lots of good players and with some good coaches and a revitalized O-line we could be a very good team if we
make the right moves.

I just don't want us to win too many games, might give MB a false sense of optimism with Marv. This would give me
nightmares if Marv and PA are back cause we make a run. No more Bengal gear for me if this is the case.
Reply/Quote