Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Don't Set Yourself up for Disappointment
4-0 feels fantastic. I couldn't be happier about it.

But hearing and reading some people talk about our Bengals has me shaking my head. We're shoe-ins for an AFC Championship Game? Seriously? We're not even shoe-ins for a winning record. Super Bowl contenders? I'd love to win a prime time game, first. Dalton "looks more confident". Okay, we'll see how that goes when we start facing teams with winning records.

Everybody needs to take a deep breath. You should know better by now. Make them prove it to you before you start drinking the Kool-Aid.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:23 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: 4-0 feels fantastic. I couldn't be happier about it.

But hearing and reading some people talk about our Bengals has me shaking my head. We're shoe-ins for an AFC Championship Game? Seriously? We're not even shoe-ins for a winning record. Super Bowl contenders? I'd love to win a prime time game, first. Dalton "looks more confident". Okay, we'll see how that goes when we start facing teams with winning records.

Everybody needs to take a deep breath. You should know better by now. Make them prove it to you before you start drinking the Kool-Aid.

If you can't feel good about a good thing happening, why bother being a fan?  Everybody knows where we are and what's ahead.  You're just trying to talk yourself out of being too excited.  Who are you trying to kid?  Yes, take a deep breath and then let it out with a big WHO DEY!!!
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:23 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: 4-0 feels fantastic. I couldn't be happier about it.

You're right, I should start feeling bad again about this 4-0 start they haven't had in 10 years.  
By the way, on the radio I heard a stat... Over 30% of teams that start 4-0 make it to The SuperBowl.  But maybe I should live in the past, realize we haven't been to a Super Bowl since I was in High School, and probably never will again Wink
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Yea how dare all you idiots get excited about being 4-0 and looking fantastic, don't you know were supposed to be miserable?

Were 4-0 and looking good, if you wanna be down on em all season then thats on you but when the team I root for is 4-0 I'm happy and ill enjoy every minute until we win it all or come crashing down, until then im gonna enjoy it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Celebrate the win today & move on to the next game tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure if this OP is serious. I will agree that picking them to win the Super Bowl is clearly premature and stupid but to you can definitely make the claim that we're the best team in the AFC along with Denver and New England.
Reply/Quote
I'll do what I want, if it's all the same to you.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Thanks Mr. Happy, but how about enjoying the wins as they come? When are you supposed to have optimism if not now?
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:35 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I'm not sure if this OP is serious.  I will agree that picking them to win the Super Bowl is clearly premature and stupid but to you can definitely make the claim that we're the best team in the AFC along with Denver and New England.

You I know the team is playing lights out when Corner is giving us props.
Reply/Quote
Bottom line:

If this team stays healthy, they are going to be very tough to beat.
Reply/Quote
I rated this thread 1/5 appropriately
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:35 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I'm not sure if this OP is serious.  I will agree that picking them to win the Super Bowl is clearly premature and stupid but to you can definitely make the claim that we're the best team in the AFC along with Denver and New England.

Not to nitpick but the same exact things were said last year around this time. That the point of the thread. But 4-0 is hard to contain.  Who Dey Who Dey
Reply/Quote
[Image: ap_476656106605_r5306_1296x518_5-2.jpg&h...ion=origin]

This is our year.  Make no mistake.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Every year i want to say this is the year and i don't, but this one time i feel confident in this team. WHO DEY!! Tiger Who Dey
Reply/Quote
I just hope Stanley Wilson doesn't get suspended right before the SB this time. Ninja
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Dude why is this thread made every damn week?

YES WE CELEBRATE WHEN BENGALS WIN, WHATS WRONG WITH THAT? We are happy our team is 4-0, whats wrong with that?

Of course we have problems as does every team and every superbowl winner, but why are guys like you starting threads and getting mad that Bengal fans are happy that our team is winning?

This is the Bengals forum for bengals fans right?
Reply/Quote
As long as the players aren't drinking the Kool Aid, then I have no concerns. As a fan, especially after witinessing that in person today, I believe I've earned the right to be a bit giddy about the team. As a fan, drink all the Kool Aid you want.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Take your own deep breath.  Then shut up.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:44 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Not to nitpick but the same exact things were said last year around this time. That the point of the thread. But 4-0 is hard to contain.  Who Dey Who Dey

Yep. I'm sorry but I've seen and heard all of this before. 

We're looking good. I'm happy about that. But AFCCG and SB talk is just silly. I've yet to see us dominate anybody like the Pats, yet you guys talk like we are at least as good. Cmon man.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 07:19 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Take your own deep breath.  Then shut up.

The funny thing is you'll probably be one of the biggest whiners on the board if the season comes crashing down, precisely because you scoffed at my advice.
Reply/Quote