Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Don't blame the defense
(11-02-2021, 11:26 AM)Tony Wrote: Ya dont blame the defense, whongave up 500 total yards and didnt force 1 punt and the Jets scored on every drive in the 2nd half. Lets not for get avout Mike Whites 400 yards in his first game.. Ya, deffintley dont blame the defense. They were great!

See, if Tony and I agree on something, you just KNOW it's the correct take. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
If our offense is as good as advertised, they should be able to run and pass all up and down the jets defense. Bengals D got them 3 turnovers. Sure it was an overall poor performance, but the bengals offense just couldn’t take advantage. The o-line is still a serious concern.

I’m not worried about the defense moving forward
Reply/Quote
Mike White had way too much time for the majority of that game. The pass rush is definitely a legit concern for me. Hendrickson is doing all he can, but we need more from other guys.

It sure would be nice if Kareem could give us a bit of a boost now that he’s back. Then again, after seeing what Hodge did in the preseason it’s hard to put much stock into how good Kareem looked.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 11:37 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I’m not worried about the defense moving forward

Honestly, I'm not either. That said, they are still primarily to blame for the loss on Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 11:44 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Honestly, I'm not either. That said, they are still primarily to blame for the loss on Sunday.

1 poor performance against a team they were 100% looking over doesn’t concern me.

I’ve watched this defense get pressure on qb’s all season. Everything is fine.

The offense has to sustain more drives
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 11:46 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: 1 poor performance against a team they were 100% looking over doesn’t concern me.

Ok. And it still is primarily the defense's fault we lost on Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 11:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mike White had way too much time for the majority of that game. The pass rush is definitely a legit concern for me. Hendrickson is doing all he can, but we need more from other guys.

It sure would be nice if Kareem could give us a bit of a boost now that he’s back. Then again, after seeing what Hodge did in the preseason it’s hard to put much stock into how good Kareem looked.

Kareem was far from impressive last season too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
When you don’t tackle, you lose. Simple as that.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 11:53 AM)jason Wrote: Kareem was far from impressive last season too.

Agreed. He’s been the definition of JAG. Looked really good this preseason, but like said - - so did Hodge.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 11:49 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Ok. And it still is primarily the defense's fault we lost on Sunday.

Yes, but not by much. Defense gets 60% of the blame, offense gets 40% IMO
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 11:46 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: 1 poor performance against a team they were 100% looking over doesn’t concern me.

Why would the Bengals look over anyone with their history? They haven't won a playoff game in 30 years. I dont believe in all this trap game, overlooked BS... No team is doing that especiallu the Bengals. They straight up got beat down in the trenches... The Jets were just better...
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 12:23 PM)Tony Wrote: Why would the Bengals look over anyone with their history? They haven't won a playoff game in 30 years. I dont believe in all this trap game, overlooked BS... No team is doing that especiallu the Bengals. They straight up got beat down in the trenches... The Jets were just better...

You think Joe burrow Zac Taylor and even trey Hendrickson care about this organization’s past history? Why should they?

I hope to heaven they don’t. Why would they want that stink over them?

These trap games happen every year to most teams.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 12:23 PM)Tony Wrote: Why would the Bengals look over anyone with their history? They haven't won a playoff game in 30 years. I dont believe in all this trap game, overlooked BS... No team is doing that especiallu the Bengals. They straight up got beat down in the trenches... The Jets were just better...

To be honest, I think it was more a combination of being full of themselves and playing a bad team then it was just playing a bad team. Like if we had lost against the Ravens, i don't think we see the same defensive performance against the Jets. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 12:31 PM)PhilHos Wrote: To be honest, I think it was more a combination of being full of themselves and playing a bad team then it was just playing a bad team. Like if we had lost against the Ravens, i don't think we see the same defensive performance against the Jets. 

Exactly. Remember what the bengals did to the lions after losing a heartbreaker to the packers? Stomped them out.

The problem against NY was they looked ahead to Cleveland. Got full of themselves. Trap game
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 10:56 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Say wha?

Bengals are towards the bottom of the league in sustained drives

They’re 22nd in the NFL in yards per drive. That’s bad.

But please keep telling me about the times they did manage to drive down the field

Oh and they’re 27th in average time per drive. Which shows that they can’t eat up clock for crap. It’s either big plays or nothing

Where did that damn meme of goalposts moving go...?

If you want to make a point about yards per drive, etc., please do. Here is the post i replied to.

(11-01-2021, 11:44 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: The offense is incapable of moving the ball down the field without some miraculous big play that goes for 30+ yards

Eating clock? meticulous and methodical drives? Yea, doesn’t exist with this offense

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
At the end of the day and all the yards the Defense gave up. Bengals offense only netted 7 points. This D personally gift wrapped 17 for the offense and the O gave up 7 themselves. The D was gassed by the fact Jets had close 2 to 1 time of possession advantage. Id grade the Defense a D+ while giving the offense a D
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 06:34 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: At the end of the day and all the yards the Defense gave up. Bengals offense only netted 7 points. This D personally gift wrapped 17 for the offense and the O gave up 7 themselves.  The D was gassed by the fact Jets had close 2 to 1 time of possession advantage. Id grade the Defense a D+ while giving the offense a D

Wait... Which set of numbers define who wins and who loses a game? 
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 06:44 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Wait... Which set of numbers define who wins and who loses a game? 

Are you arguing possession that begin in the redzone shouldn't result in 7 points especially first and goal from the 1? Are you arguing that possessions that begin in borderline FG territory shouldn't result in at least 3 points?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 06:34 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: At the end of the day and all the yards the Defense gave up. Bengals offense only netted 7 points. 

No, they didn't. The offense scored 31 points. The defense scored 0 points. Sure, there were a few drives where the defense set the offense up in really good field position, but again, the defense scored 0 points, meaning the offense "netted" 31 points.

(11-02-2021, 06:34 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: This D personally gift wrapped 17 for the offense and the O gave up 7 themselves.  

The D scored 0 points and, since the offense did not give up a pick six, the defense gave up 34 points.

(11-02-2021, 06:34 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: The D was gassed by the fact Jets had close 2 to 1 time of possession advantage.

Maybe if the defense DID THEIR JOB and stopped the Jets offense, they wouldn't have been on the field at all.

The defense's job is to stop the opposing offense. Sure, our offense could've done a better job and scored more often, not create a turnover, and made each possession last longer, but at the end of the day the defense's job is stop the offense and THEY FAILED CONTINUALLY. The fact that you think giving up 500 yards of offense, 34 points, and 400+ yards passing to a QB MAKING HIS FIRST EVER NFL START is [better than our offense scoring 31 points only goes to show your complete and total lack of football understanding. 

Your continual push to make it seem like the defensive performance on Sunday was BETTER than th eoffensive calls into question any and every opinion you have when it comes to football. At no time should anyone give any credence to what you say when it comes to football because you clearly do not understand the game.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 06:47 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Are you arguing possession that begin in the redzone shouldn't result in 7 points especially first and goal from the 1? Are you arguing that possessions that begin in borderline FG territory shouldn't result in at least 3 points?

I'm not arguing anything. Just wondering which set of numbers officially defines the winner and loser of an NFL game.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote