Drew Sample
Mike Thomas
Tyler Boyd
Auden Tate
Tee Higgins
AJ Green
Alex Erickson
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't cheat: Which Bengal had the highest catch% (receptions/targets)
(06-05-2021, 07:16 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Moss is not going to cause Sample to be cut. You're nuts. Lol

(06-05-2021, 07:55 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I didn't say Moss is going to cause Sample to be cut. I said it would take Uzomah + Moss + undrafted rookie emerges to get Sample cut. Even then, that's just me speculating as a fan on forum.

I guess I should include an obligatory, asshole Lol in my post since your reading comprehension sucked balls.

Injuries happen, doubt Sample ever gets cut but Moss is great insurance.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2021, 07:55 PM)TecmoBeng Wrote: I didn't say Moss is going to cause Sample to be cut. I said it would take Uzomah + Moss + undrafted rookie emerges to get Sample cut. Even then, that's just me speculating as a fan on forum.

I guess I should include an obligatory, asshole Lol in my post since your reading comprehension sucked balls.

Hilarious Hilarious Yes you should have!
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2021, 09:52 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Hilarious Hilarious Yes you should have!

Love yah Wedge, you make me laugh. Tecmo is a cool bro too lol LMAO
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2021, 09:52 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Hilarious Hilarious Yes you should have!

Rep!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2021, 10:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love yah Wedge, you make me laugh. Tecmo is a cool bro too lol LMAO

I don't know how cool, but I get some points in my win column for playing Tecmo Super Bowl back in the '90s.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2021, 12:34 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Stats aside, doesn't the ole 'eye-test' tell us Sample isn't on the level of a Travis Kelce or even mid-tier NFL TEs?

I think if Uzomah is healthy or Moss and maybe an undrafted rookie emerge, then it's buh bye Sample.

(06-05-2021, 07:16 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Moss is not going to cause Sample to be cut. You're nuts. Lol

(06-05-2021, 07:55 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I didn't say Moss is going to cause Sample to be cut. I said it would take Uzomah + Moss + undrafted rookie emerges to get Sample cut. Even then, that's just me speculating as a fan on forum.

My reading comprehension is just fine.  You said Moss would make the roster over Sample.  

So I agree with Sandwedge.  You're nuts.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2021, 02:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The shorter the routes, usually the higher the completion percentage.

The reality is Sample had the lowest YPR (8.7) of all TEs who had 30+ receptions.

He may be sure-handed, but he's not exciting as a pass catcher in any way, shape, or form.

This is so simple minded. This is a reflection of how he was utilized on a team who used more 3 WR sets than anyone in the NFL and couldnt protect the passer so the TE had to stay close to the LOS, and not a reflection of what he is capable of. He showed he can make plays down field.

Sometimes the critical thinking ability on this board baffles me
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2021, 10:46 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: (not directed at you, but) If you think Sample is going anywhere anytime soon, you've got to stop hating. Well, I wanted to say you have a screw loose, but that's not nice Wink

I don't see him going anywhere until AFTER a second contract; good team guy, great blocker, (as demonstrated with this thread) not terrible hands, a competent receiver, hard to take down, he is the new Reggie Kelly, albeit not as good a blocker.

Knowing the staff and FO, I'd pencil him in for another 5 years here, after this one.

Dead on.  Uzomah's injury didn't just derail his plans, but they altered the plan for Sample as well.  Like so many other Bengal rookies, he first year was severely limited due to injuries and in his second, his role was reduced because of the Uzo injury.  I think the added depth of Moss provides another viable receiving option and we will likely see more 12 personnel if the opposition is having trouble stopping it.  
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2021, 03:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We are definitely better at TE with the addition of Moss and Sample having an okay season under his belt. These guys are solid,
they just aren't those big play TE's that help the best teams make the Playoffs every year which is what I want. Biggest reason I 
was hoping for Pitts over Sewell and Chase, but love Chase almost just as much and we needed another Receiver and there was 
no one in this Draft better than Chase IMO.

CJ O'Grady is an underrated UDFA signing for us in my opinion and so is Pro Wells. One of these guys might see playing time if 
someone goes down. Moss being healthy and back with his LSU compadres should help, he has all the opportunity in the world 
to earn a spot and run with it. But it won't be easy for him which is nice. Uzo and Sample are very solid and like you said, Moss's
game resembles Sample's game a lot.

The only issue I have with CJ O'Grady or Wells is that they would need to be real contributors on teams.  The only way they move on from Cethan Carter is if they can show they can handle the special teams works.  

I know there aren't as many actual punt RETURNS of late, but Carter is an important guy for Simmons.  That being said, I would imagine guys like Sample and perhaps even Hubert will be contributors.  
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 12:01 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: The only issue I have with CJ O'Grady or Wells is that they would need to be real contributors on teams.  The only way they move on from Cethan Carter is if they can show they can handle the special teams works.  

I know there aren't as many actual punt RETURNS of late, but Carter is an important guy for Simmons.  That being said, I would imagine guys like Sample and perhaps even Hubert will be contributors.  

Cathan Carter got a 7.8 million contract (3 year) from the Dolphins.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 12:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Cathan Carter got a 7.8 million contract (3 year) from the Dolphins.

Wow.  I didn't realize.  Good for him.  Still, it will likely come down to who can also contribute on teams.  
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 12:34 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Wow.  I didn't realize.  Good for him.    

It certainly re-enforces your claims about how valuable Carter was on special teams.  They sure didn't pay him to be a receiving threat.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 12:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It certainly re-enforces your claims about how valuable Carter was on special teams.  They sure didn't pay him to be a receiving threat.

So, because the Bengals didn't offer Carter over $2.5 million per year, he is a dud on special teams?  Must be why they also didn't re-sign Clayton Fedejelem to be a backup safety and special teams ace.....who ironically also got over $2.5 million per year from the same dolphins.  

What your post reinforces (an actual word) is your desire to create conflict over just about anything.  
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 12:46 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: So, because the Bengals didn't offer Carter over $2.5 million per year, he is a dud on special teams?  Must be why they also didn't re-sign Clayton Fedejelem to be a backup safety and special teams ace.....who ironically also got over $2.5 million per year from the same dolphins.  

What your post reinforces (an actual word) is your desire to create conflict over just about anything.  

I was agreeing with you.  The main reason Carter got paid that much was his value on special teams.

Seems you are the one always looking to create conflict.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 12:46 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: So, because the Bengals didn't offer Carter over $2.5 million per year, he is a dud on special teams?  Must be why they also didn't re-sign Clayton Fedejelem to be a backup safety and special teams ace.....who ironically also got over $2.5 million per year from the same dolphins.  

lol he was agreeing with you, Racer Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 12:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I was agreeing with you.  The main reason Carter got paid that much was his value on special teams.

Seems you are the one always looking to create conflict.

My apologies.  I misread your post.  Props for being affable about my mistake.  I really need to start wearing these damn reading glasses all the time. 
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 10:02 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I don't know how cool, but I get some points in my win column for playing Tecmo Super Bowl back in the '90s.

And humble  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 12:01 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: The only issue I have with CJ O'Grady or Wells is that they would need to be real contributors on teams.  The only way they move on from Cethan Carter is if they can show they can handle the special teams works.  

ST's is huge, thinking Evans will also have a positive affect for Simmons. 

Yeah Cethan Carter is with the Phins. Will have to fill that huge hole. Highly underrated Special Teamer for us.

After thinking on this Wells could be the underrated guy here, he is faster than O'Grady. Sample isn't fast.

Need faster players on ST's.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 12:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It certainly re-enforces your claims about how valuable Carter was on special teams.  They sure didn't pay him to be a receiving threat.

Had to give Fred rep here lol
Reply/Quote

I don't know. I think he's a pretty good receiver.
Reply/Quote