Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't worry guys
(08-10-2016, 12:21 PM)jonesy84 Wrote: It's been quite a while since I last posted in here, so long that apparently these boards have migrated off the bengals.com site and I had to start all over with my history, points, etc...  but it's interesting to note that the last time I was in here, there were A LOT of Dalton haters.  Now after last season, there's much more noticeable Dalton love.  Which is good.  He's a good guy, very talented starting QB in this league, good to see him getting less hate in here  :)

Yeah, we've been here over a year.....glad you made it over.  Some of those naysayers were trolls, some were converted, a few are still here, and some didn't make the jump to light speed....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 12:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, we've been here over a year.....glad you made it over.  Some of those naysayers were trolls, some were converted, a few are still here, and some didn't make the jump to light speed....lol.

Thanks for confirming the switch over!  I even emailed the bengals.com webmaster asking where on earth the boards went!  LOL  This is going to be an awesome year!  I was surprised how much I missed checking in here, though I must say the mood in here seems to have swung in a more positive and productive direction (or at least what I've seen so far)  There seemed like a lot of ill-will between people on the other boards that kind of killed discussions a lot of the time.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 12:58 PM)jonesy84 Wrote: Thanks for confirming the switch over!  I even emailed the bengals.com webmaster asking where on earth the boards went!  LOL  This is going to be an awesome year!  I was surprised how much I missed checking in here, though I must say the mood in here seems to have swung in a more positive and productive direction (or at least what I've seen so far)  There seemed like a lot of ill-will between people on the other boards that kind of killed discussions a lot of the time.

Agreed, there are a fair share of disagreements on here as well, but most of the members here were the core users from the old board, so everyone at least pretty much respects one another here.  As a result, the discussions carry on, and it doesn't get too ugly.  Plus, the moderators here are on top of things, so if you get out of hand, they give ample opportunity to correct the problem.  If you don't get in line, you get axed, lol.  Great board man, you'll dig it here.

Reply/Quote
Already excited to be back! Glad to hear some of the less appealing dynamics seem to be well moderated here. It'll be nice to share my thoughts/opinions without being given a bunch of crap about it by the same people LOL
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 01:24 PM)jonesy84 Wrote: Already excited to be back!  Glad to hear some of the less appealing dynamics seem to be well moderated here.  It'll be nice to share my thoughts/opinions without being given a bunch of crap about it by the same people  LOL

Glad you found us and are back on the board brother!  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 12:21 PM)jonesy84 Wrote: It's been quite a while since I last posted in here, so long that apparently these boards have migrated off the bengals.com site and I had to start all over with my history, points, etc... but it's interesting to note that the last time I was in here, there were A LOT of Dalton haters. Now after last season, there's much more noticeable Dalton love. Which is good. He's a good guy, very talented starting QB in this league, good to see him getting less hate in here :)

Who are you?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Although I despise the Steelers as much as everyone else, who cares who they have or don't? Pittsburgh does not have anything this team wants right now... this team needs to be focused on New England and Denver. Both AFC opponents, and the last two Super Bowl winners.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 01:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who are you?

On the old boards, I either used this handle, or bigjonesy, can't remember which...
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 05:39 AM)Wyche Wrote: We went 10-6 with a MASH unit for a receiving corps in 2014.....I feel he pretty much proved his mettle then.

You mean the year that was disappointing and he only had 19 TDs to 17 INTs and had as many passing yards as he did his rookie season? Oh and throw in a fumble lost and 2 rushing TDs. So that brings us to 21 TDs to 18 turnovers. That's not a good year for a 4 year starting QB.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 01:30 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: I'd rather beat them at full strength. Though Bell deserves what he gets for being an idiot.

C'mon man ! The way steeler fans are gloating about not facing Burfict ? No steeler fan is saying.... "I'd rather face them WITH Burfict". Screw them .

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 02:05 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: You mean the year that was disappointing and he only had 19 TDs to 17 INTs and had as many passing yards as he did his rookie season? Oh and throw in a fumble lost and 2 rushing TDs. So that brings us to 21 TDs to 18 turnovers. That's not a good year for a 4 year starting QB.

How about those stats for a 4 year starting QB who's number 1 WR was Muhammad Sanu half of the time.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 02:12 PM)jason Wrote: How about those stats for a 4 year starting QB who's number 1 WR was Muhammad Sanu half of the time.

Green played in 13 games. He left during the Falcons game, so that's 12. Was hurt during the Broncos game but still played. So you can go ahead and say 11 games.

So 5 games, Sanu was the #1 option.

In those 5 games, Dalton went 104 for 157. 1113 yards. 5 TDs. 4 INTs. Qb rating of 86.8. A higher rating than he had by the end of the season WITH Green playing in 11 games.

So in the other 11 games, Dalton went 205 for 324. 2285 yards. 14 TDs and 13 INTs when he had Green as his #1 option.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 01:47 PM)jonesy84 Wrote: On the old boards...

[Image: 24129566.jpg]

j/k Glad you found us.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 02:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: 24129566.jpg]

j/k Glad you found us.

Me too!  I missed all the discussions (though I fear I have gotten WAY less work done today already LOL)  But there's always tomorrow, right?  (Clearly I'm a Bengals fan through and through  LOL)
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 02:53 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Green played in 13 games. He left during the Falcons game, so that's 12. Was hurt during the Broncos game but still played. So you can go ahead and say 11 games.

So 5 games, Sanu was the #1 option.

In those 5 games, Dalton went 104 for 157. 1113 yards. 5 TDs. 4 INTs. Qb rating of 86.8. A higher rating than he had by the end of the season WITH Green playing in 11 games.

So in the other 11 games, Dalton went 205 for 324. 2285 yards. 14 TDs and 13 INTs when he had Green as his #1 option.

I stand corrected. Dalton was garbage.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 02:05 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: You mean the year that was disappointing and he only had 19 TDs to 17 INTs and had as many passing yards as he did his rookie season? Oh and throw in a fumble lost and 2 rushing TDs. So that brings us to 21 TDs to 18 turnovers. That's not a good year for a 4 year starting QB.

Yeah....that's the year.  We still won 10 games with a lackluster and wounded defense.  For folks who can look past a stat line....we saw improved poise....taking a leadership role on....maturity....and more mental toughness from the guy.  Those were the things I was alluding to. Hell, Joe Namath has way more career INTs than TDs....and he's in Canton.

Compare the opening drive at Baltimore before the injury to Eifert to 2015.  Look familiar?  It should.  It's pretty obvious 85 is/was an integral part of Hue Jackson's scheme.  He went down the opening series of the opening game. Speaking of Hue....it was also his first year as OC. Green?  When he was healthy, he was blanketed.....and you're forgetting he missed part of a Steelers game too.....I think. Andy did target him way too much.  Of course, that may have been due to that long stretch where Mo Sanu just disappeared and caught a case of the dropsies.  Or Gresh being Gresh. Oh....and Bernard missed three games too.  Let's not pretend it was just a stretch without AJ.  To tell you the truth....the whole damn team deserves a pat on the back for 2014....there were a lot of injuries to key players on BOTH sides of the ball.  But yeah.....fantasy stats and stuff.......

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 01:40 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Although I despise the Steelers as much as everyone else, who cares who they have or don't?  Pittsburgh does not have anything this team wants right now... this team needs to be focused on New England and Denver.  Both AFC opponents, and the last two Super Bowl winners.

Hmm, I think the problem in 2015 may have been the fact that we were too focused on Denver or New England to make it through the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 08:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, I think the problem in 2015 may have been the fact that we were too focused on Denver or New England to make it through the Steelers.

No the problem last year was Dalton breaking his thumb. 

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 08:52 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: No the problem last year was Dalton breaking his thumb. 

Oh, I could have sworn I saw our defense running into the tunnel in victory before the game against the Steelers was over, but it's good to know it was Dalton's thumb and no amount of short-sightedness that ruined the season.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 07:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah....that's the year.  We still won 10 games with a lackluster and wounded defense.  For folks who can look past a stat line....we saw improved poise....taking a leadership role on....maturity....and more mental toughness from the guy.  Those were the things I was alluding to. Hell, Joe Namath has way more career INTs than TDs....and he's in Canton.

Compare the opening drive at Baltimore before the injury to Eifert to 2015.  Look familiar?  It should.  It's pretty obvious 85 is/was an integral part of Hue Jackson's scheme.  He went down the opening series of the opening game.  Speaking of Hue....it was also his first year as OC. Green?  When he was healthy, he was blanketed.....and you're forgetting he missed part of a Steelers game too.....I think. Andy did target him way too much.  Of course, that may have been due to that long stretch where Mo Sanu just disappeared and caught a case of the dropsies.  Or Gresh being Gresh. Oh....and Bernard missed three games too.  Let's not pretend it was just a stretch without AJ.  To tell you the truth....the whole damn team deserves a pat on the back for 2014....there were a lot of injuries to key players on BOTH sides of the ball.  But yeah.....fantasy stats and stuff.......

There's a big difference between the NFL years ago and now.

Yes. Eifert was a big part of the offense. But so what stopped them from using Gresham like Eifert exactly?
Yes. Gio missed games. But remember, who took his place when he went down? Hill. And didn't Hill have over 350 yards in those 3 games and become the starter because of that?
Hue was here for a year before he was OC. And he's been a part of Marvin's system before. And he has been an OC and HC since leaving here as well. Hue has a resume.
Green played the full 1st game against the Steelers where he had 221 yards. The next and final game is where he got hurt. And he was only out for 6 plays at the end of the game.

It's not fantasy stats. Stats are stats. He had 21 TDs to 18 turnovers. That's just bad for a QB.
Mark Sanchez had a better QB rating that year. As did both Shaun Hill and Austin Davis.
And so did Bridgewater and Kyle Orton.

I get what you're saying. They won games. Awesome. But that doesn't mean you can't critique someone's play that year. Dalton had a bad campaign in 2014.

I mean, Mark Sanchez had a VERY identical year in 2010 as Dalton's 2014. But we all criticize Sanchez's game, even back then, right?

2015 Dalton played great. There's no denying that. But there's also no denying that he had a poor outing in 2014. I mean, it's not like we didn't have a running game with Hill.

Reply/Quote