Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dont even think about it
Joe Haden was released, I dont want to see any dumb threads on why we should try to sign him.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 09:17 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Joe Haden was released, I dont want to see any dumb threads on why we should try to sign him.

Lets sign Joe Haden.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 09:17 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Joe Haden was released, I dont want to see any dumb threads on why we should try to sign him.

WE CAN HAZ JO HAIDAN?!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What? Haden's star has fallen and can't get up? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Failed to put Haden's name in the title...Jinxed it now there will be x2 the threads...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
yellowxdiscipline Wrote:Joe Haden was released, I dont want to see any dumb threads on why we should try to sign him.

I don't find interest in him dumb "for the right price", but it's unrealistic the Bengals will sign him.  Due to desperation, someone will give him the guaranteed money that Mikey and Co. would laugh at. 
Reply/Quote
More interested in the Bronco's TJ Ward they are shopping with our need at safety.
Reply/Quote
The past 2 seasons he has given up 72 catches on 110 throws into his coverage, 1059 yards and 10 touchdowns while notching just 3 INTs.
Reply/Quote

Why ya Haden?
Reply/Quote
Pittsburgh will show interest...they're desperate for a decent CB, but probably can't afford him at this point. He'll go to the highest bidder which will probably be Dallas.
Reply/Quote
If he is cheap enough he would be worth a shot.

If he wants to get paid, pass.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Who would he replace?

Dre?
Adam?
WJIII?
Dennard?
Shaw?

He'd fall pretty far down our depth chart. Can't see paying him big money. If he was still as good as he once
was, the Browns wouldn't be parting ways with him.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
We don't need Haden...but if a solid veteran is released that upgrades a position...WE HAVE $18.6 MILLION CAP SPACE TO SPEND.

We should sign a veteran at a position like LB, S, or O-Line.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 10:47 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: More interested in the Bronco's TJ Ward they are shopping with our need at safety.

This sounds like a good move if our Safeties are all hurt. Fej has made some nice tackles down the field but with Shawn
hurt and George banged up this might be smart. Ward might even be an upgrade over Shawn right now never know.

BTW, what happened to Haden? He used to be the only guy that could cover AJ?
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 10:47 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: More interested in the Bronco's TJ Ward they are shopping with our need at safety.

I'd trade Williams for Ward straight up, if the Broncos were suckers for that!!
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 12:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This sounds like a good move if our Safeties are all hurt. Fej has made some nice tackles down the field but with Shawn
hurt and George banged up this might be smart. Ward might even be an upgrade over Shawn right now never know.

BTW, what happened to Haden? He used to be the only guy that could cover AJ?

Didn't he tear his ACL a few years back? Something happened because he isn't close to the same guy a few years back. He used to piss me off, he could defend AJ yet when they played the Steelers or Ravens he wasn't as good at defending the pass....
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 12:05 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Didn't he tear his ACL a few years back? Something happened because he isn't close to the same guy a few years back. He used to piss me off, he could defend AJ yet when they played the Steelers or Ravens he wasn't as good at defending the pass....

Never followed the Stains much, ACL tear makes sense.

It was pretty weird to say the least, for some reason he matched up well with AJ when no one else does.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 12:05 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Didn't he tear his ACL a few years back? Something happened because he isn't close to the same guy a few years back. He used to piss me off, he could defend AJ yet when they played the Steelers or Ravens he wasn't as good at defending the pass....

Might have been but at any rate he has really declined the last couple seasons, when he's been on the field.

And yes back like 12, 13, 14 he was in AJ's head bad !! more often than not.
Reply/Quote
Why is it dumb? Please explain.

I'll explain why it isn't dumb.

1. We have a 34 year old starting CB that is a ticking time bomb on and off the field. Haden is 28 and has no such issues.
2. Haden will be available at a discount considering the timing of his release.
3. Haden is a good CB with experience in the division.
4. The Steelers are considered "favorites" to sign Haden, so signing him first would hurt the Steelers.
5. AJ Green has consistently been owned by Haden. Signing him keeps AJ from having to face him twice a year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 11:48 AM)Shady Wrote: Who would he replace?

Dre?
Adam?
WJIII?
Dennard?
Shaw?

He'd fall pretty far down our depth chart. Can't see paying him big money. If he was still as good as he once
was, the Browns wouldn't be parting ways with him.

He's better than all those CBs. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote