Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Door to door vaccine push..........WTH?
(07-09-2021, 09:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: She's a congresswoman, you dunderhead.  It's hard to act like a member of congress comparing the president to Hitler is just "one person."  It's amazing how someone like you who clearly hates Biden would argue that he is so loved and approved of.  Honestly, I'm more amused that MTG's revelation that comparing things to Nazis and the holocaust is a "bad thing" lasted only a few weeks, if that.

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2021, 10:01 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Careful, some posters in these parts would declare you mentally ill to give such a reply.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2021, 10:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Careful, some posters in these parts would declare you mentally ill to give such a reply.

Not just that particular one...
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2021, 04:03 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Fwiw, they're not going to door to door to vaccinate people; they're going to door to door to make sure people are educated about it (whatever that means).  I'm assuming they'll be passing out some type of literature or doing a questionnaire of sorts (are you vaccinated, do you plan on getting vaccinated, did you know you can go here to get vaccinated, etc.)

Honestly, this sounds like an absolutely terrible idea to me.  I'm not sure how anyone couldn't already have the proper information needed to make their own decision on whether or not to get vaccinated.  I can't imagine this visit swaying anyone's opinion either.  I also question that with the virus still being out there if it's the best idea sending out droves of people to come into contact with those who remain unvaccinated.

Seems like a giant waste of time and money, and it's setting up both workers and residents for some terribly unpleasant interactions.  A lot of people don't like people showing up to their door unannounced.  I know I certainly don't.  Nothing pissing me off more than when I get a knock on my door and someone is standing there that I don't know.

This whole things becoming it’s own religion now, just like the Jehovah’s Witnesses
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2021, 08:52 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: But it is semantics. Nobody is holding you down and jabbing you with shots, therefore nobody is forcing you to do a damn thing.

They're forcing you to deal with consequences of your actions, WHICH IS HOW THE WORLD SHOULD WORK.

There’s that good old talking point they washed into your mind. Little parrot. Consequence of your actions.

Do this or else is a form of forcing someone to do what you want. Force is not just something physical. I know you’re not that dumb to not know that. Well maybe you are but I don’t think you are.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2021, 03:42 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I would give a lot of money to see all those anti Vax people standing on their opinion if it was Ebola.

I really do.

There’s a big difference between covid and Ebola. I’d have been right on board with a Ebola vaccine if it was a pandemic level version of it. After watching other people getting it first and making sure it didn’t kill that first wave of people.

Either way I chose to get this one so I could stop wearing a mask at work even though it’s an honor system and like half the people probably didn’t get it and almost no one masks anymore.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2021, 11:26 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Not just that particular one...

You're so tricky!
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 06:48 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: There’s that good old talking point they washed into your mind. Little parrot. Consequence of your actions.

Do this or else is a form of forcing someone to do what you want. Force is not just something physical. I know you’re not that dumb to not know that. Well maybe you are but I don’t think you are.

Businesses have a right to maintain their public persona and they have the responsibility to protect their employees and customers. If you're not willing to play their game, than you should be willing to seek other gainful employment elsewhere. It's no different than wearing a work uniform and doing something idiotic in public at this point; you reap what you sow.

Or you could suck it up and get a shot for the public good. Whatever.

In all honesty, I don't give a good god damn who is and isn't vaccinated anymore. At this point, I have no more empathy for anyone who dies wheezing and alone due to a virus we have a vaccine for. If you all want to keep playing stupid games - and I mean this from the bottom of my heart - I hope you enjoy your stupid prizes.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 09:13 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: You're so tricky!

The bar isn't particularly high.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 06:50 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: There’s a big difference between covid and Ebola. I’d have been right on board with a Ebola vaccine if it was a pandemic level version of it. After watching other people getting it first and making sure it didn’t kill that first wave of people.

Either way I chose to get this one so I could stop wearing a mask at work even though it’s an honor system and like half the people probably didn’t get it and almost no one masks anymore.

Getting the vaccine is like showing up for the draft...the government says it's for the good of the country and people pressure you into doing it, but really there is no guarantee that it is going to help/protect the country and you are putting yourself in danger by bowing to societal pressure and "doing the right thing" so there is no shame in just coming up with an excuse for why you can't/won't do it.

No you can't see my draft card and no you can't see my vaccine card because the last time I checked the US government doesn't own me.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 05:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Getting the vaccine is like showing up for the draft...the government says it's for the good of the country and people pressure you into doing it, but really there is no guarantee that it is going to help/protect the country and you are putting yourself in danger by bowing to societal pressure and "doing the right thing" so there is no shame in just coming up with an excuse for why you can't/won't do it.

No you can't see my draft card and no you can't see my vaccine card because the last time I checked the US government doesn't own me.

Oh I never would have gotten it to “do the right thing”. I’m youngish the virus isn’t that deadly and especially so in my age bracket. If I get it an die oh well. In general I stay away from others and keep clean even before all this.
Reply/Quote
Me scaredy of needley.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2021, 04:03 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Fwiw, they're not going to door to door to vaccinate people; they're going to door to door to make sure people are educated about it (whatever that means).  I'm assuming they'll be passing out some type of literature or doing a questionnaire of sorts (are you vaccinated, do you plan on getting vaccinated, did you know you can go here to get vaccinated, etc.)

Honestly, this sounds like an absolutely terrible idea to me.  I'm not sure how anyone couldn't already have the proper information needed to make their own decision on whether or not to get vaccinated.  I can't imagine this visit swaying anyone's opinion either.  I also question that with the virus still being out there if it's the best idea sending out droves of people to come into contact with those who remain unvaccinated.

Seems like a giant waste of time and money, and it's setting up both workers and residents for some terribly unpleasant interactions.  A lot of people don't like people showing up to their door unannounced.  I know I certainly don't.  Nothing pissing me off more than when I get a knock on my door and someone is standing there that I don't know.

People do have the info. And we have some incredibly dumb ****ing people.

This time last year, about a quarter of the country were convinced the vaccines contained microchips. 
Reply/Quote
Sound like Bengals are 1 of 8 teams with 85 percent vaccination so we will be able to have in person meetings. In some bad news sounds like Joe Mixon is part of the 15 percent. I personally would release all players that dont get vaccinated the extra headaches those player will cause isnt worth it. Unless its Burrow or Chase then I would make an exception though I would look to try to trade those players if they dont get vaccinated
Reply/Quote
I heard today that only 1 percent of 'current' deaths are vaccinated people. All the rest are unvaccinated people. Case study showed also if you are vaccinated, the inside of your mouth is substantially less likely to transmit it to others, even if you still catch it. Unvaccinated, your mouth, throat, etc passes it to others easier. More virus growth in tests there I guess. This was from Fauci this morning.
Reply/Quote
If you are still unvaccinated at this point you are simply not a smart person. I don't care if you don't "believe" in the virus, or if you think it isn't going to kill you. The vaccines are safe and effective. The reason you should be vaccinated is the possibility of more variants.

With every infection, we are giving the virus opportunity to mutate and create new variants. When you are infected, whether you get sick, or are asymptomatic, the virus injects its genetic code into your cells and uses your cells genetic mechanisms to make copies of itself. Every time a copy is made, there is a chance for an error....that is what a mutation is. Mostly those errors are a disadvantage, or neutral mutation. But every so often, one gives the virus a new advantage and becomes a new variant.

The delta (4th) variant is more contagious, and usually makes people sicker. It is even able to infect some vaccinated people since no vaccine in 100% effective. The real danger is if a new variant emerges that can evade the current vaccines. Then we are back to square one. Or the worst case scenario....a new variant that not only evades vaccines, but is also deadlier.

Cold and flu are both types of corona virus. The reason we need flu shots and cannot cure the common cold is because they have been around humans for literally thousands of years and have so many different variants that we cannot realistically keep up with all the variants. We have the chance to cut this virus off at the pass BEFORE it can get enough variants out there to be as ubiquitous as the cold or flu.

So I don't care about your personal freedoms, I don't care if you don't think its dangerous, I don't care if you think its a hoax. All those are simply ridiculous, self centered reasons for not caring about humanity as a whole. So STFU, and get vaccinated. I don't even care if your employer says you have to get it to stay employed. If you're that selfish, then good....get vaccinated or get fired. If you don't care about other humans, then I don't care that you're now unemployed.

Everybody needs to think this through at a level beyond themselves.

Rant off.
Reply/Quote
Call me an egoist if you want but I get vaccinated for myself and only for myself.

I don't plan to lose my breathe until asphyxia. I rather die of another thing.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2021, 02:35 PM)Beaker Wrote: So I don't care about your personal freedoms, 

Full stop.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2021, 09:05 AM)Benton Wrote: People do have the info. And we have some incredibly dumb ****ing people.

This time last year, about a quarter of the country were convinced the vaccines contained microchips. 

They do, but you can scratch them out.

Maybe THAT is what the CDC should be telling us.

That might get another 25% on board with the vaccine.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2021, 02:35 PM)Beaker Wrote: If you are still unvaccinated at this point you are simply not a smart person. I don't care if you don't "believe" in the virus, or if you think it isn't going to kill you. The vaccines are safe and effective. The reason you should be vaccinated is the possibility of more variants.

With every infection, we are giving the virus opportunity to mutate and create new variants. When you are infected, whether you get sick, or are asymptomatic, the virus injects its genetic code into your cells and uses your cells genetic mechanisms to make copies of itself. Every time a copy is made, there is a chance for an error....that is what a mutation is. Mostly those errors are a disadvantage, or neutral mutation. But every so often, one gives the virus a new advantage and becomes a new variant.

The delta (4th) variant is more contagious, and usually makes people sicker. It is even able to infect some vaccinated people
since no vaccine in 100% effective. The real danger is if a new variant emerges that can evade the current vaccines. Then we are back to square one. Or the worst case scenario....a new variant that not only evades vaccines, but is also deadlier.

Cold and flu are both types of corona virus. The reason we need flu shots and cannot cure the common cold is because they have been around humans for literally thousands of years and have so many different variants that we cannot realistically keep up with all the variants. We have the chance to cut this virus off at the pass BEFORE it can get enough variants out there to be as ubiquitous as the cold or flu.

So I don't care about your personal freedoms, I don't care if you don't think its dangerous, I don't care if you think its a hoax. All those are simply ridiculous, self centered reasons for not caring about humanity as a whole. So STFU, and get vaccinated. I don't even care if your employer says you have to get it to stay employed. If you're that selfish, then good....get vaccinated or get fired. If you don't care about other humans, then I don't care that you're now unemployed.

Everybody needs to think this through at a level beyond themselves.

Rant off.

But Tucker Carlson says that if the vaccine is really effective then it should sell itself.
And now it turns out vaccinated people can still get COVID.

DOES THE VACCINE EVEN WORK???

This is what bothers me about the current Fox Effect.  

So long as a substantial portion of the population won't get vaccinated because they want to remain "free," then we will never be rid of this thing. If will finally mutate into forms which defeat the vaccine and we are back to square one with who knows how many more hundreds of thousands of deaths and attendant economic damage.

I don't care if the unvaccinated end up unemployed, but I fear that the vaccinated will too if this thing takes off again. 

Someone PAY Trump to say the Vaccine works. All those people who won't let Guvmint tell them what to do will follow the Dear Leader.
That's the only solution I see. 
Reply/Quote