Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Burrow #1 but...
(03-19-2020, 01:52 PM)McC Wrote: If one of the top LB's are there at 33 are there, I'd say it would be a done deal.  I do not see a reach for a LB at that spot though. 

Now, with the number of LB needy teams who signed them in FA, one might think the chances of one of the top guys being there would go up.

Either way, get a really good player at 33 and you make the team better.  And if you don't get one at 33, it doesn't mean you can't get one in the third or even fourth.  

I don't disagree but the same can be said for WR.. if that many go in 1st round.. we might be reaching with 33.. with depth at WR getting a solid one in 3/4 still.. I hope a run on Qbs and Wrs in first round pushes top 4 LBs  to 2nd round so we can pick them.. if we are looking at 8th best WR i might wait till 3rd round
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 05:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I don't disagree but the same can be said for WR.. if that many go in 1st round.. we might be reaching with 33.. with depth at WR getting a solid one in 3/4 still.. I hope a run on Qbs and Wrs in first round pushes top 4 LBs  to 2nd round so we can pick them.. if we are looking at 8th best WR i might wait till 3rd round

There are still some nice WR FA's.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 05:03 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: I agree with you on Delpit, he played hurt last year and it probably did affect his tackling.

IDK about Fulton though b/c if they cut Dre and do they re-sign MJIII or give him the Franchise designation?
Mackensie is for only 1 year as well even though he's more of a slot guy.
You can never have enough DB's or WR's right?  Lol

Well I think they will look to re-sign WJ3 probably while his stock is not as high as it would be if he was setting the world on fire.

Think they will at least wait for another Corner till later in this Draft. That is true about Alexander only being signed for 1 year.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 05:10 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: There are still some nice WR FA's.

I Dont see much at WR FA.. but  think a nice value pickup would be Perriman TB.. had a nice bounce back season last year with TB.. probably could sign in the 4 to 6 million range with incentives
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 04:58 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm by no means an expert on what receivers can play what roles. I just read the scouting reports and the lists I gave are what I've seen in scouting reports regarding their positional projections at the next level Tongue.

I'd be surprised if Mims, Higgins and Shenault were all gone by 33. I'd be awfully upset if they were haha. They're kind of my go to picks at 33 at this point XD.

If they are all three gone at 33, it would almost have to mean one of the top OT's or LB's would be there.  Since LB is our greatest need, I would call it a win.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 05:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I don't disagree but the same can be said for WR.. if that many go in 1st round.. we might be reaching with 33.. with depth at WR getting a solid one in 3/4 still.. I hope a run on Qbs and Wrs in first round pushes top 4 LBs  to 2nd round so we can pick them.. if we are looking at 8th best WR i might wait till 3rd round

ThumbsUp
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 05:24 PM)McC Wrote: If they are all three gone at 33, it would almost have to mean one of the top OT's or LB's would be there.  Since LB is our greatest need, I would call it a win.

True that. Cool
Reply/Quote
At #33 there will be guys that slide. LBs WRs IOL... Possibly one of the top four OT. Bengals are in good position to take anyone they want and still fill needs at the top of 3rd and 4th round.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 05:35 PM)Synric Wrote: At #33 there will be guys that slide. LBs WRs IOL... Possibly one of the top four OT. Bengals are in good position to take anyone they want and still fill needs at the top of 3rd and 4th round.

Also to be able to drop back a bit and get more picks if they so desire.  After the first round, the phone will almost certainly be ringing all night long.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 05:38 PM)McC Wrote: Also to be able to drop back a bit and get more picks if they so desire.  After the first round, the phone will almost certainly be ringing all night long.

If Jordan Love is still on the board after the first round #33 could become a very hot pick because the Colts with a 1 year Phillip Rivers contract pick at #34.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 05:40 PM)Synric Wrote: If Jordan Love is still on the board after the first round #33 could become a very hot pick because the Colts with a 1 year Phillip Rivers contract pick at #34.

No doubt.  

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 05:40 PM)Synric Wrote: If Jordan Love is still on the board after the first round #33 could become a very hot pick because the Colts with a 1 year Phillip Rivers contract pick at #34.

Hmmm, interesting.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 05:20 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I Dont see much at WR FA.. but  think a nice value pickup would be Perriman TB.. had a nice bounce back season last year with TB.. probably could sign in the 4 to 6 million range with incentives

Emmanuel Sanders and Robby Anderson are still there. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 04:58 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm by no means an expert on what receivers can play what roles. I just read the scouting reports and the lists I gave are what I've seen in scouting reports regarding their positional projections at the next level Tongue.

I'd be surprised if Mims, Higgins and Shenault were all gone by 33. I'd be awfully upset if they were haha. They're kind of my go to picks at 33 at this point XD.

Yeah, same here. I'm just trying to piece together what I can because it's not as simple as he's a WR so he's a fit.

(03-19-2020, 05:24 PM)McC Wrote: If they are all three gone at 33, it would almost have to mean one of the top OT's or LB's would be there.  Since LB is our greatest need, I would call it a win.

Unfortunately not. It seems to be mainly defensive backs or DL dropping, particularly at safety. Of course it's unlikely that all those mocks are accurate and someone like McKinney probably goes in the first.

Also depends on who your definition of top OTs are. Who were you thinking of? Wills, Wirf, Thomas, Beckton all seem to go top half, Josh Jones late first but valuations of Austin Jackson, Ezra Cleveland and Isaiah Wilson vary - I've seen them go in both the first and the third but they are developmental prospects requiring a fair bit of projection.
Reply/Quote

I agree that the Bengals need LBers but maybe not the greatest need IMO.

In regards to the draft though, too many of the folks on here keep saying to draft a LB at #33 b/c it's the biggest need. But what about if there's a higher graded player at a different position? The Bengals quit drafting for need years ago and started to acquire talent finally in the drafts.
I don't see them taking a LB there if a higher graded player at a different position is available.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 06:31 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: I agree that the Bengals need LBers but maybe not the greatest need IMO.

In regards to the draft though, too many of the folks on here keep saying to draft a LB at #33 b/c it's the biggest need. But what about if there's a higher graded player at a different position? The Bengals quit drafting for need years ago and started to acquire talent finally in the drafts.
I don't see them taking a LB there if a higher graded player at a different position is available.

I'm not saying they have to draft a linebacker at #33 but I will go out on a limb and say it's the biggest need right now considering they only have Germaine Pratt and Jordan Evans under contract and they need at the very bare minimum 4 preferably 5.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 06:42 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm not saying they have to draft a linebacker at #33 but I will go out on a Limbaugh and say it's the biggest need right now considering they only have Germaine Pratt and Jordan Evans under contract and they need at the very bare minimum 4 preferably 5.

Two games a year against Lamar Jackson for the foreseeable future tells me we better get our sh*t together also at LB.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 06:42 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm not saying they have to draft a linebacker at #33 but I will go out on a limb and say it's the biggest need right now considering they only have Germaine Pratt and Jordan Evans under contract and they need at the very bare minimum 4 preferably 5.

Feel the same, LB is definitely not something we should continue to ignore with this fact.

(03-19-2020, 06:48 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Two games a year against Lamar Jackson for the foreseeable future tells me we better get our sh*t together also at LB.

Yeah, he likes to target his TE's and RB's exclusively as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 06:31 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: I agree that the Bengals need LBers but maybe not the greatest need IMO.

They took Billy Price in the first two drafts ago.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 06:42 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm not saying they have to draft a linebacker at #33 but I will go out on a limb and say it's the biggest need right now considering they only have Germaine Pratt and Jordan Evans under contract and they need at the very bare minimum 4 preferably 5.

I meant not the most important position, maybe biggest need in regards to numbers.

Don't forget about Carl Lawson and Shawn Williams, they're LB's as well. LoL
Reply/Quote