Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Position
What a great day for draft position!

Bengals lose, Chargers and Eagles win.

We now have a 1.5 game lead for the 3rd draft spot.

Hopefully Peneii Sewell will be our next Anthony Munoz and it is the beginning of a great Off Line.

Now all we need to do is get a new Offensive Line Coach.
Reply/Quote
Rooting for Zac to remain HC is rooting for a top 3 pick!

Watch us put a mauler like Sewell in a passive scheme that he struggles in or something.
Reply/Quote
Yep, even if we beat Houston (which we won't), we are still picking at 3 at the lowest (assuming we get blown out by Pitt and Balt).

Now fire Zac and make the right hire this time. We can still turn things around by adding a quality guard and drafting Sewell.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 09:39 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: What a great day for draft position!

Hopefully Peneii Sewell will be our next Anthony Munoz and it is the beginning of a great Off Line.

I wouldn’t say it’s “all” we need to do, but it would be a start.

We also need to put better guards next to our tackles. Can’t expect rookies like Sewell and Jonah to excel when they have absolute dog shit playing beside them.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 09:45 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Yep, even if we beat Houston (which we won't), we are still picking at 3 at the lowest (assuming we get blown out by Pitt and Balt).

Now fire Zac and make the right hire this time. We can still turn things around by adding a quality guard and drafting Sewell.

A loss to Houston will be 0-16 on the road!
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 09:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: A loss to Houston will be 0-16 on the road!

Just god awful. Man did they swing and miss with this HC hire. Doesn't bode well for the future of Bengals management.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 09:48 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Just god awful. Man did they swing and miss with this HC hire. Doesn't bode well for the future of Bengals management.

Yes - This was a Katie/Troy/Duke hire supposedly.

Doesn't bode well for the future.

Honestly, would another team hire Katie/Troy/Duke to be their GM?
Reply/Quote
I watched the Patriots get beat by the Rams on Thursday.

I was watching their line play specifically Joe Thuney.

He is so solid. They had guys who missed blocks along the line but he hardly ever makes a mistake or gets a penalty.
He is a true professional that we would be the veteran on our line.
I worry the Bengals cheap out and draft Sewell and think they can just keep who we have or draft more lineman.
We need a solid Pro Bowl veteran guard if not 2 in the worst way.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 09:58 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I watched the Patriots get beat by the Rams on Thursday.

He is so solid. They had guys who missed blocks along the line but he hardly ever makes a mistake or gets a penalty.
I worry the Bengals cheap out and draft Sewell and think they can just keep who we have or draft more lineman.

It would be EXTREMELY out of character for them to pay a Guard $15 million.

The Patriots have a ton of cap space. They might just franchise Thuney. Usually those type of guys are franchised.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 10:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It would be EXTREMELY out of character for them to pay a Guard $15 million.

The Patriots have a ton of cap space. They might just franchise Thuney. Usually those type of guys are franchised.

They franchised him this year. Not sure they would do it 2 years in a row.

The only hope we have is that he is from this area.

Would love to have him and Brandon Scherff as our 2 starting guards next year.

Spain And Xavier SuaFilo can be solid backups. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 09:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: A loss to Houston will be 0-16 on the road!

But I was told Zac was much better conducting press conferences. My hunch is "giggles" is getting biggest giggle of all from all our fans who have no clue ML was not a bad head coach.

Please those of you that embarrassed yourselves bashing ML every chance you got, refrain from giving us more next HC advice (not talking about you Pistons).

I hate to say told you so, but yes while agreed it was time for a change (I wanted ML to go into FO and have a real GM) at HC, I told ya, be careful what you wish for, next guy can be worse. I hate I was right, but not surprised, ZT may be great in a few years, he just was not ready to be a HC and certainly not handle OC job at the same time.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 10:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It would be EXTREMELY out of character for them to pay a Guard $15 million.

Pats may have cap space, but are missing a QB who can start on their roster. A center named Andrews, a guard named Thuney and a lot of other guys.

My point is they too have a lot of needs and BB will not overpay for anyone.

So, I agree no way they franchise Thuney a second time.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 09:39 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: What a great day for draft position!

Super Bowl Bound just ain't happenin' with Taylor at the helm.

If you truly want a Super Bowl appearance, might as well get on the Sack Zac band wagon cause there's no way this guy can lead a team to a championship. He can't even win a game against the hapless NFC East, how's he gonna win the AFC North?

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 09:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Rooting for Zac to remain HC is rooting for a top 3 pick!

Watch us put a mauler like Sewell in a passive scheme that he struggles in or something.

I trust Jim Turner to totally coach Penei Sewell into a false starting whiffing blob of timid goo.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 11:23 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I trust Jim Turner to totally coach Penei Sewell into a false starting whiffing blob of timid goo.

If Turner stays, Sewell will lose a camp battle to Jim's BFF Hart.
Reply/Quote

Relatively speaking, the Bengals have a ton of cap space, too.  Not quite as much as NE, but still a lot compared to the rest of the league.
Reply/Quote
I am not a fan of losing out to get the best draft pick. However, the Bengals will probably do that anyway. How about trading the pick away for a few good players?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 11:41 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I am not a fan of losing out to get the best draft pick. However, the Bengals will probably do that anyway. How about trading the pick away for a few good players?

Good idea. Let's not pick a guy that's the closest thing to a 'can't miss' that you can find and instead, allow the team that has picked all the current turds to pick "more" guys. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 11:41 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I am not a fan of losing out to get the best draft pick. However, the Bengals will probably do that anyway. How about trading the pick away for a few good players?

All depends on the offers. Teams trading up for a non-QB in the top 5 is pretty rare. Hasn’t happened since Buffalo traded up from 9 to 4 to take Watkins in 2014. Cleveland got back an additional 1st and a 4th. I’d want more than that for Sewell. Probably at least a 1st and a 2nd.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 09:58 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I watched the Patriots get beat by the Rams on Thursday.

The Bengals will be aggressive for o-line this offseason, as the current season has demonstrated just how bad the need is and the FO just cannot ignore it. THE franchise guy has gone down for the year and every week Brandon Allen is hobbling off. I will say this, if they don’t address the line outside the draft I am officially done with the team until they get sold. I have not watched a game since Burrow went down because of how bad it has my blood boiling just thinking about their ignorance when it came to the o-line this year.
Reply/Quote