Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft night prediction
Mike Brown's 12 year old Dell laptop running Windows Vista crashes just as we go on the clock to make our pick. We don't get it in on time and the Redskins get Burrow.

In 2003 the Vikings had the #7 pick. Due to confusion over a trade for the #10 pick the Vikings let time elapse and two teams picked before they finally made the #9 pick.

Same thing happened to the Ravens in 2011, but it was later in the first round (#26) and they only slipped one spot.
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't that just piss off Dolphins fans?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 05:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Mike Brown's 12 year old Dell laptop running Windows Vista crashes just as we go on the clock to make our pick.  We don't get it in on time and the Redskins get Burrow.

In 2003 the Vikings had the #7 pick.  Due to confusion over a trade for the #10 pick the Vikings let time elapse and two teams picked before they finally made the #9 pick.

Same thing happened to the Ravens in 2011, but it was later in the first round (#26) and they only slipped one spot.

Come on Fred.
We all know Mike Brown uses a Gateway, not a Dell.
And it's a desktop with a CRT monitor.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 05:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Mike Brown's 12 year old Dell laptop running Windows Vista crashes just as we go on the clock to make our pick.  We don't get it in on time and the Redskins get Burrow.

In 2003 the Vikings had the #7 pick.  Due to confusion over a trade for the #10 pick the Vikings let time elapse and two teams picked before they finally made the #9 pick.

I had this thought myself a couple days ago.  The Brown family better have one hell of an IT guy on call.  Let's upgrade past that AOL CD.
Reply/Quote
I predict the Bengals draft Burrow and they Finally land the QB they have been missing since the days of Boomer. The Bengals haven't had a real leader since the days of Boomernand that is about to end.....
Reply/Quote
whatever happens, we won't know because all broadcasters went to commercial the minute they announced the Bengals were on the clock

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 06:11 PM)Tony Wrote: I predict the Bengals draft Burrow and they Finally land the QB they have been missing since the days of Boomer. The Bengals haven't had a real leader since the days of Boomernand that is about to end.....

I totally agree about the lack of leadership at the QB position. We definitely could use another Boomer. 
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 06:11 PM)Tony Wrote: I predict the Bengals draft Burrow and they Finally land the QB they have been missing since the days of Boomer. The Bengals haven't had a real leader since the days of Boomernand that is about to end.....

Good point dude, Burrow does seemingly have sound leadership qualities and moxie to match.
Reply/Quote
I can’t honestly say I would be surprised if that happened.
Reply/Quote
If this worse case scenario did happen,which Fred described,I would be all out for Tua.Then let him play behind Dalton for first half season,if not complete season.Might be best thing That could happen for him anyway,under the circumstances .
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 05:53 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I had this thought myself a couple days ago.  The Brown family better have one hell of an IT guy on call.  Let's upgrade past that AOL CD.

Nah dude that is so 1990s. They got the DSL now. 
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
What if the Bengals were in cohoots with New Jersey and still using COBOL programs to run their draft board? Don't put it past Mike Brown. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote

I have the same prediction Tony.

(04-09-2020, 06:19 PM)pally Wrote: whatever happens, we won't know because all broadcasters went to commercial the minute they announced the Bengals were on the clock

That would be a safe prediction in other years when we don't hold the first pick in every round LMAO!!!

(04-09-2020, 06:25 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Good point dude, Burrow does seemingly have sound leadership qualities and moxie to match.

Yes he does. Wink
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 06:19 PM)pally Wrote: whatever happens, we won't know because all broadcasters went to commercial the minute they announced the Bengals were on the clock

Always saw that as an NFL urban legend...until I paid attention. They do it an awful lot. not sure what Mike Brown did to really piss off those people. I mean, Al Davis, you knew he was a thorn in the NFL's side, but the Brown family?
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 10:29 PM)Destro Wrote: Always saw that as an NFL urban legend...until I paid attention. They do it an awful lot. not sure what Mike Brown did to really piss off those people. I mean, Al Davis, you knew he was a thorn in the NFL's side, but the Brown family?

Must be Mikey's individualism or somethin'. I can respect that but his stubborn ways can piss lots off including fans of his 
own team. In the end though it is the Pittsburgh Steelers and them wanting to disrespect the Bengals in every way possible.

Steeler fans are every where and they just love to disrespect Bengals fans.

Sure shows up come Draft night when we are not holding the #1 overall pick and Joe Burrow is there....

The Steeler fans are scared of Joe Burrow, plain and simple which is why we hear so many of them hoping we make a trade.
Reply/Quote
I don’t think they have anything against Mike Brown personally. The Bengals are just a small market team with little to no national fan base. We also haven’t won anything in 3 decades. It’s not surprising we don’t get much attention. At least positive attention anyway. They couldn’t shut up about us when we had Burfict, and all the guys were getting arrested back in the day.

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 09:20 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: What if the Bengals were in cohoots with New Jersey and still using COBOL programs to run their draft board? Don't put it past Mike Brown. lol

I programmed in COBOL quite a bit early in my previous career.
First on a WANG VS, then HP3000.

So what do you think.
Does the front office have a VS or an HP? Maybe a DEC VAX.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 10:29 PM)Destro Wrote: Always saw that as an NFL urban legend...until I paid attention. They do it an awful lot. not sure what Mike Brown did to really piss off those people. I mean, Al Davis, you knew he was a thorn in the NFL's side, but the Brown family?
I think last year Rich Eisen said something about how bengals fans always complain about the network going to commercial during our picks. Then it happened immediately after he said that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 05:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hilarious Mike Brown's 12 year old Dell laptop running Windows Vista crashes just as we go on the clock to make our pick.  We don't get it in on time and the Redskins get Burrow.

Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals have done great this off-season and will continue that trend on draft night.

Joe
Reply/Quote