Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft position
The Bengals behind the Giants in the win column. With the teams tied preseason strength of schedule what is the determining factor for the first pick? Is SOS determined after the season or before? I know I will be lambasted for this but I hope they don't screw themselves out of the first pick. Browns playing like crap, Miami playing like crap, hell even the Patriots played like crap last night. Sometimes I think the football Gods enjoy slaughtering the hopes of Bengals fans.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 01:48 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  Miami playing like crap, 

Dolphins beat the Eagles yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 01:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dolphins beat the Eagles yesterday.

A two win team beat a five win team. Stop the presses " David Slays Goliath". 
Reply/Quote
It seems like a lot of the 'bad teams' are playing better at the end of the year...

Funny how that happens when nothing is at stake.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 01:48 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The Bengals behind the Giants in the win column. With the teams tied preseason strength of schedule what is the determining factor for the first pick? Is SOS determined after the season or before? I know I will be lambasted for this but I hope they don't screw themselves out of the first pick. Browns playing like crap, Miami playing like crap, hell even the Patriots played like crap last night. Sometimes I think the football Gods enjoy slaughtering the hopes of Bengals fans.

I believe the tie breaker goes to common opponents since there was no head-to-head.
In that case, the Giants and Bengals have the following common opponents:
- Miami
- NYJ
- Buffalo
- NE
- Arizona

In the games so far, Cincinnati is 1-2 against those teams whereas NYG is 0-4.
If NYG loses to Miami or Cincinnati beats Miami or NE, NYG owns the tiebreaker in regards to higher draft pick.

So there is a potential that the Bengals winning one more game can lose draft position.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 03:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I believe the tie breaker goes to common opponents since there was no head-to-head.
In that case, the Giants and Bengals have the following common opponents:
- Miami
- NYJ
- Buffalo
- NE
- Arizona

In the games so far, Cincinnati is 1-2 against those teams whereas NYG is 0-4.
If NYG loses to Miami or Cincinnati beats Miami or NE, NYG owns the tiebreaker in regards to higher draft pick.

So there is a potential that the Bengals winning one more game can lose draft position.

May not matter anyway.  The Giants aren't going QB.  We probably are.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 04:09 PM)motoarch Wrote: May not matter anyway.  The Giants aren't going QB.  We probably are.

Don't know that for sure. Arizona moved on from a QB after just one year.
With that said, Daniel Jones isn't performing nearly as badly as Rosen did in Arizona, so you're probably right.

Actually, it might be better for NYG to draft ahead of Cincinnati in that case since they likely take Chase Young and make the decision that much easier for the Bengals.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
sucks to only have 1 legit top qb option this year. if we don't get the 1st overall pick it's likely we miss out on Burrow. NY will trade the pick for a windfall of picks to build the team (and we won't trade the farm to move up).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 04:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Don't know that for sure. Arizona moved on from a QB after just one year.
With that said, Daniel Jones isn't performing nearly as badly as Rosen did in Arizona, so you're probably right.

Actually, it might be better for NYG to draft ahead of Cincinnati in that case since they likely take Chase Young and make the decision that much easier for the Bengals.
You make a good point.  I think it's rare for a team to do what Arizona did but it's possible.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 04:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: sucks to only have 1 legit top qb option this year.

We have no idea if this is true or not.

It amazes me how people completely forget that every year the player draft rankings change dramatically AFTER the college season is over.  At this point in 08 Andre Smith was the consensus number one overall pick in the draft.  In '13 Teddy Bridgewater was a top 5 pick.  In 17 Josh Allen was a late-first, early-second round pick.  So was Carson Wentz in 15.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 04:24 PM)motoarch Wrote: You make a good point.  I think it's rare for a team to do what Arizona did but it's possible.

Another thing is if NYG gets 1st overall and Cincy 2nd overall, there's a chance NYG trades that 1st overall pick for a team that wants to jump in front of Cincy to take Burrow or Young before they can.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Draft is a crapshoot.
Reply/Quote
The best draft position is 32d.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 02:12 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: A two win team beat a five win team. Stop the presses " David Slays Goliath". 

Exactly.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 04:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We have no idea if this is true or not.

It amazes me how people completely forget that every year the player draft rankings change dramatically AFTER the college season is over.  At this point in 08 Andre Smith was the consensus number one overall pick in the draft.  In '13 Teddy Bridgewater was a top 5 pick.  In 17 Josh Allen was a late-first, early-second round pick.  So was Carson Wentz in 15.

It's possible. This isn't a great class to begin with tho (with everyone having questions).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 01:48 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: , Miami playing like crap,

(12-02-2019, 01:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dolphins beat the Eagles yesterday.

(12-02-2019, 02:12 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: A two win team beat a five win team. Stop the presses " David Slays Goliath". 

(12-02-2019, 04:39 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Exactly.

So "winning" equal "playing like crap"?

I thought you guys saved that logic for when the Bengals win.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 05:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So "winning" equal "playing like crap"?

Ever heard of an ugly win!?!? It’s when u play like crap and get a win. Most likely cuz u played an equally shitty team that day. Now shh
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 05:16 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Ever heard of an ugly win!?!?  It’s when u play like crap and get a win.  Most likely cuz u played an equally shitty team that day.  Now shh

They have won 3 of their last 5 games.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 05:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So "winning" equal "playing like crap"?

3-9 isn't winning ! It's  only slightly better than 1-11. I guess that's winning to "you guys'.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 05:33 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: 3-9 isn't winning ! It's  only slightly better than 1-11. I guess that's winning to "you guys'.

Now I am completely confused.

Wasn't the OP about the Bengals losing the top pick because the Dolphins are playing worse than them?
Reply/Quote